Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: usd gdt

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Frankly I thought Gabby did a great job. I think she looked good out their and could handle the ball just fine. running the offense I dont know enough about her or her style, but what I saw last night gave me plenty of hope for the rest of her career. young handles the pressure well bring the ball up, but what I can't figure out is how we can not set any screens for her to work open for a 3 point shot. I find that frustrating about the offense.
    Having seen Gabby play throughout high school,I can see a little more confidence and getting closer to her pre-injury game return every week. However,the 3 point shot has never been the strongest part of her game. But the ability to push the ball up the floor fast yet under control,and her defense on the ball get a little better every time out.

Comment

605 was on Jill tight all night and didn't allow her to shoot. one of her bridesmaids in her upcoming wedding to Clint, who probably knows how Jill plays pretty well, was on her like frosting on a wedding cake all game. Sunny and Lingle in the first half were spooked by Boss and Hegge and took a lot of jumpers instead of driving to the basket like usual. in the second they made the adjustments and started driving to the basket which started to work again. they played the U's game and were losing until they started to play their game and took over.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
        605 was on Jill tight all night and didn't allow her to shoot. one of her bridesmaids in her upcoming wedding to Clint, who probably knows how Jill plays pretty well, was on her like frosting on a wedding cake all game. Sunny and Lingle in the first half were spooked by Boss and Hegge and took a lot of jumpers instead of driving to the basket like usual. in the second they made the adjustments and started driving to the basket which started to work again. they played the U's game and were losing until they started to play their game and took over.
        I think Sunny and lingle had problems with the refs because they would go in hard and a few fouls early and then with contact they were not getting fouls called that could or should have been, I think they were hesitant to go get a shot blocked or not get free throws so tried to shoot over them, looked like we were trying too do things we arent good at. I wish we could get deitel to shoot the 3. they gave her wide open looks, and the one she took did not look good. I think Stroops 3s were huge, I felt she played a pretty good game.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          I would think the troubles the Jacks had late in the UMKC game getting the ball in bounds and up the floor led to this change. It will limit her looks offensively,and she uses up more energy bringing the ball up the floor. It will be interesting to see if AJ continues to use Jill in this role,or if it was just a one-game deal.
          It wasn't just a one-game change. AJ plans to run with it for awhile, because he believes Steph Paluch will contribute a lot more at her natural 2 position, and since opposing teams already try to shutout Jill because of her 3-point reputation, it will actually help her out in a way, with Paluch contributing more. When Leah was playing outside, the Yotes never bothered to cover her, instead sagging back on Sunneborg. That may have lead to Hannah Strop's crucial 3-pointers as they treated her the same way, especially after she missed her first (I think) three tries. Was an interesting game, and though I am always a little too critical, along with other posters, we are leading the league and just seem to keep winning despite what we see as difficulties and inconsistent play. GO JACKS!

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            I think Sunny and lingle had problems with the refs because they would go in hard and a few fouls early and then with contact they were not getting fouls called that could or should have been, I think they were hesitant to go get a shot blocked or not get free throws so tried to shoot over them, looked like we were trying too do things we arent good at. I wish we could get deitel to shoot the 3. they gave her wide open looks, and the one she took did not look good. I think Stroops 3s were huge, I felt she played a pretty good game.
            I agree that Strop's 3's were hugh. I just wonder how she would be if she shot more 2-pointers. She is 4-7 from there on the season. She is just 7 of 24 from 3-point land. I think she normally can tell if she's on or not after her 1st shot. She's only shot 1 or 2 in every game but 2. In those 2 games, she was 2-4 and 2-5. Her and Sunny are the 2 bigs that will shoot from out there. It is nice if we do have a big out on the court that can hit that shot to get the other team's PF out on the perimeter some of the time. That opens things up for Eide's drives to the basket.
            I also like to see Steph's mid range jumper. I just wish she was a little more consistent. We have players like Young and Strop that mainly shoot 3-pointers and Deitel, Lingle and the other posts that shoot mainly in from the lane. There aren't many players that shoot from in between. There are some players that do it off and on but not very often.

Comment

Working...
            X