usd gdt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• usd gdt

Worst women ref ever. Hegge should have 3 fouls now.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Re: usd gdt

Summit womens refs are horribly inconsistant. The woman ref is brutal to watch. Just awful.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Guess no one else is following. Honestly not a good crowd. Kind of quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Guess no one else is following. Honestly not a good crowd. Kind of quiet.
        I agree with you on the officials. They were calling a lot of cheap stuff on the Jacks. Phantom calls

Comment

Agreed on the officials. The Jack's defense is probably worse though. Also, Hegge is the best player on the court and I'm not sure it's that close.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
            Agreed on the officials. The Jack's defense is probably worse though. Also, Hegge is the best player on the court and I'm not sure it's that close.
            Maybe that's why she gets the calls. Should have had 2 more on her. Paluchs foul just makes me shake my head. We are playing awful but down 3. D looks good for the most part. Young can't get open for a shot.

Comment

Maybe 50 usd fans.

Comment

Much better second half. Still. Not playing great.

Comment

Final SDSU 59 USD 51 A good game ladies.

Comment

The Jacks played with a lot of heart tonight! Love them!

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      Much better second half. Still. Not playing great.
                      And yetthey're 7-1 and in first place in the Summit, are probably going to win 20 games again, and have the Summit team that beat them on the home court. We've been so spoiled for so long we have to realize that 29-3 seasons are an aberration. Go Jacks!

Comment

I think USD has to get some credit for sticking with Jill like a duck on a June bug. The also harassed Sunnarborg at times. Throw in some oddball reffing and you get a close game -- much closer than it should have been.

I tried to get a good look at the shoes worn by Yackley in the first half and from time-to-time by Hegge throughout the game. I concluded they were some form of hiking boots because they sure did a lot of walking when they had the ball. There were several times Yackley caught a pass and then finished her step and took one or two more before she started dribbling.

Comment

I thought the reffing was pretty bad both ways. I think it only looks like Hegge is walking because she makes plays that most females don't make on a basketball court. I heard quite a few fans complaining for traveling on plays where I didn't see travels. I thought the worst thing about the officiating was the inconsistency, and it looked bad for both teams. I think USD got the advantage in the first half, but in the second half, USD had six fouls before SDSU got whistled for their first.

And I agree with whoever said Hegge was the best player on the court. She is awesome. Other than her, USD's offense looked awful.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

It'll be interesting to see if Jill stays at the point the rest of the year. Our TO's were down tonight with her there (though USD didn't pressure much)...but it also limits her some offensively.
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                              And yetthey're 7-1 and in first place in the Summit, are probably going to win 20 games again, and have the Summit team that beat them on the home court. We've been so spoiled for so long we have to realize that 29-3 seasons are an aberration. Go Jacks!
                              Yep defensively this is a great team. Offensively there is a lot of time they steuggle getting shots a lot of stabding around. Frankly should be 8-0. Just wait til they figure out consistancy on offense.

Comment

Working...
                              X