Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013 Recruiting List

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    According to a retweet of Jason Jewel by TV the Jackrabbits extended and offer to a safety named Nick Farina from Desert Vista in Phoenix today. Not sure if he has been mentioned before or not.
    What an exciting defender. Lets hope he takes our offer.

Comment

Is Cole Langer being recruited?
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

An offer has gone out to OT Travis Fister 6'3 265 of Tucson, AZ.

http://hsarizona.scout.com/a.z?s=222&p=8&c=1&nid=5610032

Comment

Another offer goes out to a kid from Arizona. DE Drew Burgesser 6'3 230 from Williams Field HS in Gilbert, AZ.

http://hsarizona.scout.com/a.z?s=222&p=8&c=1&nid=6172881

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
            Is Cole Langer being recruited?
            I talked to someone from Dells Rapids a while ago (fall), and said that SDSU was looking at 2 of the juniors for football. But he also heard that they might consider going lower to play basketball.

My guess is that Cole Langer is being recruited just because of the name and the relative location of Dells from Brookings. But how hard, are they offering, are they stalking him, etc. I'm not sure, and haven't seen anything public one way or another.

Comment

Cole Langer has several options from several schools for several sports. He is, near as I can tell, similar to a modern day Clyde Hagen.

Not saying he will be as good as Clyde. No one knows that. And times have changed when it comes to being a multi-sport athlete at the college level.

However, once he decides which sport he wants to pursue at the next level he will have several opportunities from several different schools.

I think his best sport may be baseball, and there is the chance he could combine that with another sport at a certain level, like Hiemstra.

Having said all that there is no question the SDSU heritage is very solid, and he can be seen wearing Jacks shirts on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                My guess is that Cole Langer is being recruited just because of the name and the relative location of Dells from Brookings.
                Ummm, no...he's being recruited because he's an absolute stud at every single sport he participates in.
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                  Ummm, no...he's being recruited because he's an absolute stud at every single sport he participates in.
                  I didn't mean it like if he is being recruited he is only being recruited because he is local. I meant it more like his grandpa is a legend, he lives just down the road, that right there should get you some recruitment action. Add in he is good and if they are not recruiting him the coaching staff should be reviewed.

didn't mean it as a knock on the kid by any means, but I guess it can be read like that

Comment

Hey, I know a Wisconsin recruit, Dan Bell, 6'5" 299lb O/T, was out on Tuesday. Touring the campus and meeting the staff. I know, Bell had gotten a great feeling about the team and the campus in general. Bell is being heavily recruited, however, got a great feeling after his visit.

Comment

Originally posted by wisconsinguy View Post
                      Hey, I know a Wisconsin recruit, Dan Bell, 6'5" 299lb O/T, was out on Tuesday. Touring the campus and meeting the staff. I know, Bell had gotten a great feeling about the team and the campus in general. Bell is being heavily recruited, however, got a great feeling after his visit.
                      Wow this guy has size. I hope SDSU and Dan can come together.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        Wow this guy has size. I hope SDSU and Dan can come together.
                        Does anyone know where in WI he is from? Just curious.

Comment

Dan Bell is from Menomonee Falls, WI. He is presently a Left O/T, but can play either inside or outside, and is going to be cross training at the center position. He has very good feet, constantly training on stance and speed off the ball.

Comment

Former Jack's DT Steven Bazata's brother, Nathan, has an offer from SDSU and Iowa.

Bazata's former teammate at Howell's, DT Jordan Brichacek, signed with the Jacks this spring.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...ollege_choices

Comment

I updated a the recruiting list on page 1.

A couple observations:

- With Meadows out, it seems that SDSU has changed up their strategy and are giving out more early offers.

- They've already given out 4 scholarships for safeties.

- They've extended their range a bit for the early recruiting season. Recruits from CA, FL, TN, & CO along with the usual states and hitting up Arizona hard.

Comment

Per Rivals. CB Chris Parker from Sioux Falls Washington has offer from SDSU. Article states he is be recruiting by Big D1 schools to run track as of right now.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1357794

Comment

Working...
                                X