Re: Time to pound the pups!

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    Is it really a rivalry game?
    Nope. Not at all.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Serious question: It seems to me the visiting team's cheerleaders are never at an "away" D-1 game. I don't know if that's a rule or just the way it is since much of the time, away games require a significant travel distance. With USD so close, will the USD cheerleaders attend the game Thursday?

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        Nope. Not at all.
        I will say, however, that the USD folks are making a big deal out of a game that really doesn't matter. After all, it is a road game.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          He is like the Honey badger that way, he doesnt care what other people think and he does what he wants.
          Well people like that need to realize that they don't always set a great example
          Great moments are born from great opportunities.
          ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
            Well people like that need to realize that they don't always set a great example
            He's also in college, that's what college kids do...

You'll find out once you get there.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
              He's also in college, that's what college kids do...

Yep...I got that part...
              Great moments are born from great opportunities.
              ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                Pup fight! Pup fight!
                Leave em alone. Yoteforever has almost got us another fan. Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                  Is it really a rivalry game? I mean, USD is basically a full scholarship Centenary. The most excitement from this game is probably going to be the doors opening.

I always thought competition beget rivalry. Guess we will have to wait a few years until we can see that...
                  Put a pair of the new Jordan shoes in the lobby and they'll break the doors down.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    Serious question: It seems to me the visiting team's cheerleaders are never at an "away" D-1 game. I don't know if that's a rule or just the way it is since much of the time, away games require a significant travel distance. With USD so close, will the USD cheerleaders attend the game Thursday?

I am hearing that the usd cheerleaders will not be at the game. With the warmer than normal winter, there are reports that they are not attending games as of yet because they are still out grazing with all of the green grass.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                      He's also in college, college kids are idiots...

FIFY

Comment

For all those that want to prove that this isn't a rivalry game than prove it by not being in attendance. My plan to make sure I do my part in not giving this game more attention than it deserves is to not attend the game. I have to prove to myself I can handle a regular home conference game before going to something as irrelevant as a State-U game in Brookings. I agree with the sentiment that this isn't a rivalry game anymore. Afterall It's been at least 3 games in the series since SDSU has won a game in it. Both teams have to win before it's a rivalry.
                        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                          For all those that want to prove that this isn't a rivalry game than prove it by not being in attendance. My plan to make sure I do my part in not giving this game more attention than it deserves is to not attend the game. I have to prove to myself I can handle a regular home conference game before going to something as irrelevant as a State-U game in Brookings. I agree with the sentiment that this isn't a rivalry game anymore. Afterall It's been at least 3 games in the series since SDSU has won a game in it. Both teams have to win before it's a rivalry.

Seriously...why does every single post center around yourself? No one cares that you're not going to be there.
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I go to every game I can. This just happens to be one I can. I can't go on Monday so I won't. As for the series, Nagy is 12-7 against USD despite losing the last 2 contests in 2004. SDSU lost in the region semis that year, where did USD finish the season?

On the women's side, I believe SDSU has lost twice in almost 20 years, maybe longer. So, in the sense that there is an equal level of accomplishment it wasn't much of a rivalry at the end of the DII era. As we all know rivalries are about more than that.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              I go to every game I can. This just happens to be one I can. I can't go on Monday so I won't. As for the series, Nagy is 12-7 against USD despite losing the last 2 contests in 2004. SDSU lost in the region semis that year, where did USD finish the season?
                              Each team lost it's last game of that season, unfortunately, both in blowout fashion. Though, USD did win the conference that year.

(Those early 2000s teams were some of my favorite basketball teams of all time and I will put on a Coyote hat when discussing them. Please don't kill me.)

Comment

I don't remember what it is about the State - U (NON)rivalry, that makes me snarky. (Like a sharky!)

Oh yeah, now I remember.

Comment

Working...
                                X