Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time to pound the pups!

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
    The Jacks took care of that part of the story tonight Kemo! Go Big! Go Blue!! Go Jacks!!!
    I am a little disappointed in the student section. Some of my old college buddies and I got together before the game. We were talking about all the old chants that we used to throw at players. We all decided that a "pulled your schollie" cheer whenever Gruis had the ball would have been excellent. After the game, we decided that it would have been way more tactful than what they were saying to Louie.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

And so we did (pound the pups)

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        I am a little disappointed in the student section. Some of my old college buddies and I got together before the game. We were talking about all the old chants that we used to throw at players. We all decided that a "pulled your schollie" cheer whenever Gruis had the ball would have been excellent. After the game, we decided that it would have been way more tactful than what they were saying to Louie.
        "Louie sucks" is pretty tame IMO.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          "Louie sucks" is pretty tame IMO.
          I think you meant lame.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            I think you meant lame.
            Nope.

Comment

I thought the crowd was great last night. Would have been even better if USD's team wasn't so piss poor. There wasn't anything to yell about. Loved how their fans started bolting with about 10 to go. Thanks for coming up to Brookings for dinner! Have a safe trip home ya hear!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                I also wanted to mention a good omen that happened to me this morning on my way in to work (I had my wife with me, who had some appointments in Norfolk today). We were southbound on Highway 81, about 10 miles north of town and I looked to the west and saw a big, mangy Coyote running full speed to the west. (true story - the sun was still under, but it was light enough to see this mutt) The best part of the story, is that there wasn't a Jackrabbit anywhere in sight (excluding me and my wife and the Jackrabbit sticker on our back window!!)

By my calculations, he is nearing White River and I'm pretty sure he's going to keep on running!

Go Big! Go Blue!! Go Jacks!!! (Today and EVERYday!!!)
                It had to have been Louie going home, because he wasn't at Frost last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
                  I said I was getting off but I didn't cuz I wanted to see what everybody said haha! Sorry! And I will get off soon.....but I'll think about sticking around. I just don't like the fact that because I'm 14....no one cares. But hey Thanks!
                  Gee, I just realized that my age is way closer to Nidaros than Madi. Frightening! Hang in there Madi.
                  Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

I'll put this here only since the "Louie Sucks" chant was brought up earlier.

In TV's blog he writes:

As for Krogman, the top high school scorer in state history, he took as much abuse as anybody from the SDSU students as the subject of some negative chants. (Sidebar: That was one of the few questionable moments of the night in terms of fan behavior; things were pretty tame.) But he took it all in stride.
                    “What were they saying?” he asked - jokingly - when the topic came up. “I knew that was probably going to happen. That’s just all in fun. I probably played against half those kids in a state tournament.”

Why is it that TV seems more offended by the chant than Krogman? I grew up going to State-U games and "Louie Sucks" is about as tame as you can get. I suppose "Louie Stinks" might have been more PG by 1% (depending how offended you are by body odor).

I don't want to call TV out, but c'mon. That isn't questionable at all; it's a silly chant, it's not personal. Hell, I was chanting it all last night and I have nothing against Louie. I hope he does great the rest of the year. This isn't a high school game, nobody is going to get their feelings hurt by the word "suck."

Comment

Agreed. It's a pretty harmless chant. If anything, it shows a lack of creativity. C'mon, Jacks fans can do better than that! We can come up with creative and funny chants without being offensive.

I love "The Show" -- San Diego State's student section. Their efforts at researching their opponents and using the information at games is legendary. But the true legend is "Wild Bill": http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ate/index.html

Comment

Working...
                      X