Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tebow

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    Except for the entire Indi. Colts team can't take credit for all the wins the last 10+ years, only Peyton Manning can. With him out, the team can only take credit for 2 wins.

Just stirring the pot.
    I do read small print, my trifocals work okay, but if you analyzed the Colt record, I am sure there would be enough blame to go around. No doubt a skilled QB can make a big difference. I will stir the pot some more and ask how many FG did Vinitari miss this past season? I am sure he was no 100 percent.

Comment

For Rowdy (and everyone), re: Peyton Manning and the Colts' downfall.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...-in-the-making
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        For Rowdy (and everyone), re: Peyton Manning and the Colts' downfall.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...-in-the-making
        Thanks R0

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          What I'd like to know is: how does the "all he does is win" mantra apply now that Tebow lost 4 of his last 5 games? IF he is a starter next year and if he wins a game, the Tebow-diehards will be saying that again.

How much were those big wins over the non-playoff Jets, Vikings, Bears, Dolphins, Raiders, Chiefs, and Chargers really worth? What are the odds of getting such a lousy set of opponents for a stretch of 7 of 8 weeks? That's amazing in itself! The only playoff team they played during Tebow's "hot streak" was Detroit (35 point loss). I know, a win is a win.... but you have to admit that stretch of schedule was unusually friendly.

There was an interesting article in the Star Tribune last week comparing Tebow's completion percentage to all-time-low Viking QB Spergon Wynn (2001). Guess who completed a higher percentage of passes? That says a lot.

One win in his last 5 games and a completion percentage lower than Spergon Wynn. I'm not getting too excited about his long-term prospects as a QB.
          Simple if he has nothing to do with the wins, he has nothing to do with the loses.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            What I'd like to know is: how does the "all he does is win" mantra apply now that Tebow lost 4 of his last 5 games? IF he is a starter next year and if he wins a game, the Tebow-diehards will be saying that again.

How much were those big wins over the non-playoff Jets, Vikings, Bears, Dolphins, Raiders, Chiefs, and Chargers really worth? What are the odds of getting such a lousy set of opponents for a stretch of 7 of 8 weeks? That's amazing in itself! The only playoff team they played during Tebow's "hot streak" was Detroit (35 point loss). I know, a win is a win.... but you have to admit that stretch of schedule was unusually friendly.

There was an interesting article in the Star Tribune last week comparing Tebow's completion percentage to all-time-low Viking QB Spergon Wynn (2001). Guess who completed a higher percentage of passes? That says a lot.

One win in his last 5 games and a completion percentage lower than Spergon Wynn. I'm not getting too excited about his long-term prospects as a QB.
            Can't disagree with what you wrote here, the schedule was a bit soft. However, Tebow did beat at least one playoff team this year, and it was in the actual playoffs.

How many playoff games did Wynn lead the Vikings to?
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
              You're right that the data is subjective, but I'm not sure what the proper parameters are. Usually in these circumstances, each side of the argument chooses the data which supports their stance. But in the sports world, success is determined by wins and losses, and this season Tim Tebow was successful.

For what its worth, pro bowl voting is only 1/3 fan vote (popularity), the other 2/3 comes from players and coaches. I don't think its fair to say he is a pro bowl alternate "largely based on popularity." He seems to have garnered the respect of his teammates and opponents, yet the talking heads and arm-chair quarterbacks continue to express their expertise.

As to the future, I would not bet that Tebow will be in the hall of fame, win a super bowl, or even be in the league in 5 years. But, at least at this point, I won't bet against it. He is what he is, a second year quarter back who didn't screw it up, made some amazing individual plays, and has room for improvement.
              Excellent points. I want nothing but the best for Tebow as I do for any individual with strong work ethic and morals in any profession. I don't have a problem with people talking about those virtues. It gets a bit much for me when the word prophet gets tossed in but that's just me.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

ESPN <3's Tebow

Tebow is the new Favre: Like it or not, it's obvious ESPN has invested heavily in Tebowmania—from featuring the aforementioned Tebow comic, to shoehorning him in to highlights from other sports, to dedicating the first 15 minutes (commercial free) to the Broncos victory over the Steelers. SportsCenter said his name more often than it said the words "did," "been," then," and "your." "Tebow" was the 38th-most commonly used word on the show.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                X