Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DWU

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    May I humbly ask who JC is? I am sure its not the one whose birthday we are about to celebrate.
    Jason Christensen. Head coach of the Dakota Weslyan University Women's Basketball Team.
    Great moments are born from great opportunities.
    ---Herb Brooks

Comment

May I humbly ask who JC is? I am sure its not the one whose birthday we are about to celebrate.
      I was thinking the same thing....I didnt know the big JC could coach basketball, but then again I wouldnt be surprised, he could do a lot of awesome stuff.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I know a lot of people around the SF area who felt Munson should never have been around high school kids, who will probably be happy he is not going to be around coaching anymore. I don't know every reason they feel that way but where pretty adamant they did not think highly of him.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

I know a lot of SF residents who don't like Munsen either, but you can't really say who he is unless he has coached you or you know him.
          ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            I know a lot of people around the SF area who felt Munson should never have been around high school kids, who will probably be happy he is not going to be around coaching anymore. I don't know every reason they feel that way but where pretty adamant they did not think highly of him.
            Much of the Munson criticism had to do with him owning a bar, or running one or having ties to one or something with a bar for much of his coaching. My uncle lived next door to him for a while and I heard every rumor/whisper about what was going on with him. He is a good coach though.

As far as DWU, have they announced who their new football coach is or any idea who it will be?

Comment

I remember when he was the head coach for the Mt. Vernon Girls' Basketball team... talk about an intense coach! I figured he'd be in the college ranks before too long.
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Jason Christensen.

Comment

Munsen is a good coach. Kids he coached, liked him. Even if he did chew a lot of butt. My son didnt have a problem with him. Not sure why SF people didnt think he should be around high school kids. People around SF need to worry about their own coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                    Munsen is a good coach. Kids he coached, liked him. Even if he did chew a lot of butt. My son didnt have a problem with him. Not sure why SF people didnt think he should be around high school kids. People around SF need to worry about their own coaches.
                    I wanted to say that but didn't wanna sound mean. But now that he said it...seriously..they can mind their own business. My friends on the team love him.
                    ---Herb Brooks

Comment

who is your son? I bet I know him...
                      ---Herb Brooks

Comment

They have their reasons to not like him and I don't think any of the sioux falls coaches have done anything to deserve people to worry about them. The people I knew, knew him on a personal level and had issues with a lot of things he did. I am just saying.

Comment

They have their reasons to not like him and I don't think any of the sioux falls coaches have done anything to deserve people to worry about them. The people I knew, knew him on a personal level and had issues with a lot of things he did. I am just saying.
                          So are we. We are just saying to.
                          ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Hey, i agree he isnt the perfect person. But he does care about the kids he coached. He really isnt an A hole like a lot of people think he is. His personal life isnt perfect but then who's is.

Comment

I know my cousin Kylie Gross had a big game against DWU for Mount Marty

Comment

I keep up on DWU. The men are having a tough time, losing some close games. Jason C has the women playing good again
                                There are two freshman from Worthington ( Jalen Voss and Mike Singsath ) on the DWU team. Are they getting many minutes,and how have they looked ?

Comment

Working...
                                X