Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pujols

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
    Pujols will be age 41 when his contract with the Angels ends.
    I'm aware that's what he says, but there are reports out there that he is older than what he says he is.

Comment

There are rumors that he might be a couple of years older but consider the sources. And, 33 + 10 < 50.
      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
        There are rumors that he might be a couple of years older but consider the sources. And, 33 + 10 < 50.
        Obviously it was an exaggeration...

Comment

all you have to do is take 2011 minus his birth year...or is that what u are trying to figure out?
          Great moments are born from great opportunities.
          ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
            all you have to do is take 2011 minus his birth year...or is that what u are trying to figure out?
            But people dabate what year he was born. Appartently its a bit of an issue with foriegn born players. Even at the little league world series its a big issue.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Yeah I'm sure it is! Half of those boys that end up in Williamsport are like twice the size they should be!
              ---Herb Brooks

Comment

My dad says he was born the year he graduated high school..which was 1980
                ---Herb Brooks

Comment

This off season with the free agent signing period people were going crazy over what his age really is and how long of a contract he would get.....in a wierd way like the birther people during the election. And neither has any proof to show they are right.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
                    My dad says he was born the year he graduated high school..which was 1980
                    I like that logic. I am now 34 years old.
                    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

He will be 49 in January
                      ---Herb Brooks

Comment

If the money is equal who wouldn't pick Orange County California (rich LA) over St. Louis? Nothing on St. Louis but come on man, ocean, nice weather, the beach, everything else.

Yeah, they paid him too much but honestly the minimum salary is something like $310,000 who wouldn't go play baseball for a summer, for that price? I'd do it for $40K.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                          If the money is equal who wouldn't pick Orange County California (rich LA) over St. Louis? Nothing on St. Louis but come on man, ocean, nice weather, the beach, everything else.

Yeah, they paid him too much but honestly the minimum salary is something like $310,000 who wouldn't go play baseball for a summer, for that price? I'd do it for $40K.
                          Are you playing just to win, just for money, for a legacy? I think there are different factors to why someone would pick a place to go. Having a baseball career in St louis is not a bad gig. Frankly I liked my time in St louis. Other people say how great Chicago is, but I found it to be dirty, rude people and not a place I liked. So if anything Its impossible to say one location is better then another just because of geography. He has a wife who had a child with Disabilites. Do they make the move, or get a house each place. How hard of an adjustment would it be for a child with Disabilities. I know people like Cali, but I don't think its that simple. I wonder after state income taxes what his actual take home amount would be from all 3 options, LA, St Louis or Miami. My guess Miami would have the best dollar amount.

Comment

The coast >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> St. Louis.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                              The coast >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> St. Louis.
                              I guess I am in the Minority here but I dont think I would want to live in California. I dont blame others for going, but not my first choice.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                                California Liberals? No thanks. Would rather live in North Pole, Alaska.

I'm with you Goon. Would much rather live in St. Loius than Cali.

Comment

Working...
                                X