X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome to the Summit League USD

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Gotta play great defense to beat OU and ORU. USD hasn't played great defense in at least 15 years. SDSU has played great defense occasionally. As 2002 said, if its a race to 90 OU is going to win most of the time. As far as Bader, I don't think you can defend that guy when he is feeling it. You have to hope he has just an average night. He was on fire last night 8-13 behind the arc.
    I don't remember what year it was, but whatever year USD lost to Winona in the regional final, after SDSU went D1, was a great defensive team, mainly due to size and athleticism. That team started players at 6'5", 6'6", 6'7", 6'10", 7'0". That team was suffocating defensively. I agree with your general point though that USD teams are usually soft defensively.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      I don't remember what year it was, but whatever year USD lost to Winona in the regional final, after SDSU went D1, was a great defensive team, mainly due to size and athleticism. That team started players at 6'5", 6'6", 6'7", 6'10", 7'0". That team was suffocating defensively. I agree with your general point though that USD teams are usually soft defensively.
      The last really good defensive teams I can remember were in the mid 90's. I must admit that I quite following the NCC closely when I left that state in 2000 and quite following USD all together when SDSU went DI. My point, Boots doesn't generally recruit with a defensive mind not does he coach that way. Match-up zones can be affective when you are the more athletic team. At this level, in the Summit league, there are some athletic players and teams.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever View Post
        I saw Oakland play against a bad Arkansas team early this season here in Fayetteville. I think the Jacks have to be the favorite in the Oakland game in Brookings, we play an uptemo type game as well, and Arkansas ran them off the court with good 3 point shooting and offensive putbacks. Now the game in Rochester is another story. Just my two cents.
        totally agreed. I heard about that game and was blown away. And btw..LOVE the signature
        Great moments are born from great opportunities.
        ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
          Oakland 101 - USD 83
          This might be a typical Summit score on their court this year. This might be premature smack.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
            This might be a typical Summit score on their court this year. This might be premature smack.
            The game was never in doubt, really pure domination by OU. USD was missing Andreoti (big guy) and Tecker left with a broken nose but they could not compete with OU. Could have easily been a 30 + point blowout. Not sure how much credit to give USD for playing hard the whole way but they did do that.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Well I think I figured out why they call USD the "605". When USD goes on the road and losses (which happens all the time), the opposing team can tell the bus driver "Take them back to the 605". The bus drive knows to take them back to South Dakota.

So now for every USD road loss, it will now be referred to as being 605'd.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

I have so many questions. Do they not go back to South Dakota after wins, or is only after losses? Why is the opposing team instructing the bus driver? Wouldn't the bus driver know where to take them since they most likely came from the same spot?

I think you really 605'd that post.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                  Oh I don't know. Mighty Utah Valley from the Great West did a little better then the Yotes at the O'Rena this year.

Oakland 89 - UVU 83

Oakland 101 - USD 83

Comment

I think we should have waited until the end of last night's game to say "Welcome to the SL USD!"
                    ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
                      I think we should have waited until the end of last night's game to say "Welcome to the SL USD!"
                      I think we should wait until the rematch in Verm town before we have to much to say. I am hoping our Jackrabbits don't pull another UND flop in Verm town! We are clearly the better men's program right now. It will be a much more difficult game at the dome. Tough place to play with the sight lines on the open floor of the dome. Plus, the yotes will have a little extra fire in the belly. Getting embarrashed in Brookings in one thing...........getting embarrashed in Verm town is another. That said: Jacks will still win by double digits.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                        I think we should wait until the rematch in Verm town before we have to much to say. I am hoping our Jackrabbits don't pull another UND flop in Verm town! We are clearly the better men's program right now. It will be a much more difficult game at the dome. Tough place to play with the sight lines on the open floor of the dome. Plus, the yotes will have a little extra fire in the belly. Getting embarrashed in Brookings in one thing...........getting embarrashed in Verm town is another. That said: Jacks will still win by double digits.GBGBGJ
                        well just kick their butts even better in vermillion (:
                        ---Herb Brooks

Comment

I am getting very close to joining the Jackrabbit fan club. I want to cheer for a team that wins every now and then.
                          How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                            I am getting very close to joining the Jackrabbit fan club. I want to cheer for a team that wins every now and then.
                            On behalf of true Coyote fans, we bid you farewell. If there are any membership dues to join the Jacks fan clubs, I am sure all real Yote fans will be glad to take up a collection to help you pay. ( Since we know you like to complain, but rarely, if ever, contribute any $$)
                            USD Fan

Comment

[QUOTE=hareball;194186]On behalf of true Coyote fans, we bid you farewell. If there are any membership dues to join the Jacks fan clubs, I am sure all real Yote fans will be glad to take up a collection to help you pay. ( Since we know you like to complain, but rarely, if ever, contribute any $$

C'mon guys, take this intramural fight to your own board.
                              If you'll take a word of advice, these are the times that test real fans. Transitions are hard. Patience. The Jacks need you to be competitive again... Hang in there!

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                                We're no longer accepting new members. Sorry

Comment

Working...
                                X