jackalope lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackalope lounge

If I remember correctly just down from the lantern there was the jackalope lounge in brookings. It closed years ago. Has anything opened up in that location now? Didn't the roof and building need tons of repairs done to it?
    Last edited by goon; 11-28-2011, 08:12 AM.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Re: jackalope lounge

It is a retail store, Fun Bags - they sell purses and other lady stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
      It is a retail store, Fun Bags - they sell purses and other lady stuff.
      Wasnt that over by the new zestos so they must have moved. Well thanks for the info.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Wasnt that over by the new zestos so they must have moved. Well thanks for the info.
        There are two locations in Brookings, I believe.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          There are two locations in Brookings, I believe.
          People buy that many fun bags in Brookings is a little surprising to me that they need to locations. Its a fun name though.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            People buy that many fun bags in Brookings is a little surprising to me that they need to locations. Its a fun name though.
            Funbags did move from over by Zestos to downtown where the Jackalope Lounge used to be - so they do only have one location.

Before Funbags there was a fine dining establishment in there called Dine 1879 (or some old year). It was pretty cool place with great food but unfortunately it didn't stay open long. It was run by the lady who ran Hagman's bakery next door - which is also now closed.

Before Dine 1879 there was another bar in there - Dakota Pub I believe - correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Max Fjelstad used to own the Jackalope - not sure what ever became of Max. I believe that Kelly Hicks owns Funbags and she and her husband Troy, own the Lantern.

Hagmans was a very good bakery - not sure why they didn't make it, I'm sure that's a tough business to be in.

Is that newest pizza place on Main still open? (The name escapes me - but there was one in SF, as well) Boss's Pizza?

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                Max Fjelstad used to own the Jackalope - not sure what ever became of Max. I believe that Kelly Hicks owns Funbags and she and her husband Troy, own the Lantern.

Hagmans was a very good bakery - not sure why they didn't make it, I'm sure that's a tough business to be in.

Is that newest pizza place on Main still open? (The name escapes me - but there was one in SF, as well) Boss's Pizza?
                Yep, Boss's is still open. It caters to a good crowd considering they deliver until 3 a.m. and provide a good late night meal for college kids when they get home from the bars.

Comment

Max moved to Pierre. His wife is a teacher in the Pierre school district.
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                    Max moved to Pierre. His wife is a teacher in the Pierre school district.
                    I had forgotten that - Thanks! Max did some work for me out at the Staurolite years ago - he's a good egg!

Comment

Working...
                    X