In other scores . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In other scores . . .

Bizun are down 7 in the 2nd half to Western Illinois on the road. Go Necks!

Comment

And with that - Western Illinois goes 6 minutes without a score.

Comment

And the Leathernecks hold on - 55 - 51 over the Bizun.

Comment

Let's see....Bizun lose, Yotes get pounded, and Jacks win! Seems like a pretty good day.
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Western Illinois over NDSU by four....waiting to verify the final score but the Voice of the Bison on AM 790 does seem to want to say it. He called the WIU win an "upset". I wouldn't put that in the upset category (keep in mind WIU lost at Michigan by only four) but maybe a mild surprise. However, I think NDSU started really hot and may have had a little flash-in-the-pan-itis" early season. There it is, Western Illinois U 55, North Dakota State U 51.

Comment

On Nov 26, Western Illinois beat UND 65-62.

Let's see....does that mean.....hmmmm....yep, I think it does -- by a point!

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                Let's see....Bizun lose, Yotes get pounded, and Jacks win! Seems like a pretty good day.
                Then we clober western ill and hope this year we beat ndsu. That would really grind my gears we beast WI and lose to ndsu again.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Wasn't Chris Paul from IPFW the one who called us "South". If my memory is right then what did coach Paul call USD in the press conference? Since he calls us "South" maybe he called them "souther", "more south", "South II, "South Jr.", "Dakota"? Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
                    Wasn't Chris Paul from IPFW the one who called us "South". If my memory is right then what did coach Paul call USD in the press conference? Since he calls us "South" maybe he called them "souther", "more south", "South II, "South Jr.", "Dakota"? Anyone know?
                    He got the memo to call them "605".

Comment

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
                      Here's your answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InSV_O5F6b8&feature=player_embedded#!

Comment

Originally posted by MinnJack View Post
                        I really just don't like that guy.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

I don't mind the guy.

One aspect of going to D1 is the increased media attention overall which includes the post-game press conferences (I think those are either strongly encouraged or maybe mandated by the Summit League) with the net result being one can get to "know" the coaches in the league. Attend games at Frost, follow the games with Tyler when the 'Rabbits are on the road, and when the Summit League Tourney comes around, you know a lot more about the coaches, their styles, bench demeanor etc. and it makes watching the entire tourney very enjoyable.

No two coaches in the League are the same. And our crowd is getting to know the coaches. In my mind, IPFW's coach is like Barney Fife's* little brother -- and I don't mean that in a perjorative sense (I liked Dep. Fife!). He's just a little quirky. But, I think he can put a good team on the floor and he seems to be relatively gracious both in winning and losing.

*I suppose there are some youngters out there who have to be told Barney Fife was the Don Knotts character in the Andy Griffith Show from the 60s.

Comment

USD women win at Oakland 58-51. Nice road win for them.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                              USD women win at Oakland 58-51. Nice road win for them.
                              I am interested to see what usd does against oru. Both mens and womens.

Comment

Went to the 605vOU womens game today. Don't know since its the first time I've seen either team this year but neither team looked good. Both shot under 40percent for the game, rebounds assists and turnovers were pretty even. Lots of missed baskets. Amber Hegge was the beast in the game leading all scorers. Most of the game in the defensive rotation she had Minnefee guarding her, about a six inch height difference. Hegge took a while to take advantage of it. Put in a big three to put 605 up by five late in the game. OU's big Britanny Carnago was held to I think 4 points, Watterworth was off the mark most of the night on her three tries, Minnefee and Calhoun are good but not like last few years. Just one game but I'd put OU and 605 in the middle of the pack. It took a great comeback against UMKC and overtime to win OU's first game.

Comment

Working...
                                X