Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bison fall at year's end again

Originally posted by UTH View Post
    Maybe it's time for TAB to take his coat to the cleaners.
    What a risk to be taken, everything will be bright yellow after the cleaning. Give me the address of his clearner so I dont take my stuff there.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      What a risk to be taken, everything will be bright yellow after the cleaning. Give me the address of his clearner so I dont take my stuff there.

It isn't the yellow I'd be concerned about.
      I'd be much more worried

about the tailgating residue...

Comment

Originally posted by UTH View Post
        The criticism of McNorton isn't entirely without merit. Late in the game, he'd take the ball and hit the hole, and then stop to scratch his head. The body language was pretty obvious: "Oh crap, there's somebody in my way. How'd he get there? Where the heck do I go?" Maybe it was bad blocking (holes were smaller than what I'm used to seeing). Maybe it was magic and he got confused (no explanation for his fumble). Maybe his head just wasn't that into it yesterday (still no explanation for his fumble). Maybe it's time for TAB to take his coat to the cleaners. Either way, I don't care, so long as they live and learn during a regular season game. If this were to have happened in the playoffs, most of Bisonville would be kicking puppies.
        To tell you the truth, at the NDSU-SDSU game, I thought the second string RB and the FB were better that Mike Tyson McNorton. Just looked like they ran harder.
        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

The gap widens...a pair of marker wins, two straight playoff seasons, 10-1 (again).Oh, and the Bison are 6-0 in basketball with 10 straight against SDSU, going on a baker's dozen. Have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
            The gap widens...
            Good win tonight for your boys.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

going on a baker's dozen. Have a nice day.
              We shall see.

Comment

The gap widens...a pair of marker wins, two straight playoff seasons, 10-1 (again).Oh, and the Bison are 6-0 in basketball with 10 straight against SDSU, going on a baker's dozen. Have a nice day.
                Isn't baker's dozen 13?
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                  Isn't baker's dozen 13?
                  Nice. +Rep

Comment

Maybe he assumes a third game in Sioux Falls.
                    Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Reading Bisonville, I was just so sure that NDSU was going to start 10-0, go 14-4 in conference play and finish with 24-25 wins

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                        Reading Bisonville, I was just so sure that NDSU was going to start 10-0, go 14-4 in conference play and finish with 24-25 wins

I think theyve come to the conclusion that it will now be 9-1 start, 13-5 in conference play and 22 or 23 wins for the season. But after tonight that numbers could change again.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                          Isn't baker's dozen 13?
                          Let him go. He's on a roll.

Comment

Congradulations to the Bison on their big win at home against JMU. This was big considering the JMU coach thought the trip to be a cake walk.

Comment

Enjoy. This has already been posted on Bisonville. Originated by a "journalist" at UND in 2004.

Despite win, NDSU football still sucks

By Derrik T. Sovak
                              Published: Tuesday, August 31, 2004
                              Updated: Sunday, November 8, 2009 01:11

I thought that I might have trouble writing this column. But after I reviewed all the facts surrounding our overzealous neighbors to the south at North Dakota State, I realized that talking **** about them just gets easier and easier.

On Saturday, NDSU hosted Valparaiso to a crowd of just over 18,000. They absolutely stomped Valpo to the tune of 52-0. As I watched local sports highlights and saw all of the Bison players patting each other's back for the ousting, I wondered how they were going to look at themselves in the mirror without laughing.

Note to NDSU: Valparaiso offers no scholarships to their players. That means that they have less of a recruiting pool than Bethune-Cookman. Valpo also plays in the Pioneer Football League, which is almost as prestigious as NDSU's Great West Conference. Both these conferences look like the island of misfit schools. And when you get two teams like the Bison and the Crusaders on the field it's almost a toss up.

The Bison were a sub-par team in Division II football last year, and the Crusaders finished 8-4 without a playoff appearance last season. So what happened in Fargo on Saturday was as far away from amazing as you can get without actually being at the Neverland Ranch.

Everyone is so excited around the NDSU campus. Football means something to these people. But I feel it my duty to be the asshole and let them in on a little secret. For the next decade, NDSU football will be as arbitrary as paying .40 cents for ranch at Buffalo Wild Wings after running up a $500 bar tab.

Saturday's matchup was between two unranked schools in leagues that mean nothing to anyone. A win is a win but when I'd still rather watch a team of midgets play a team of chimpanzees.

This is an old argument. I said it last year, and it's no secret that I think NDSU's move to DI was a terrible decision. So I don't want NDSU to get their hopes up too high. If they really think that every team they play in that other Division is going to lie down and take it like its their first time, they're wrong.

Just like when the Bison were getting crushed by DII teams every weekend, they will face a team that hands them a 52-0 loss and then we in Grand Forks will hear the griping and crying from the south. And I can say proudly that I saw it coming.

On the other hand, UND had a barn-burner against Delta State - the number 2 and 10 teams in the country - in GF on Saturday. I witnessed great things in that game and there's a chance that we could see those teams meet again in the near future. Valpo won't be back in Fargo unless either they or the Bison need to fill their already defunct schedules next season.

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that at UND football still has pride. I like knowing that, even though we're "only Division II" we still can watch two ranked teams play in a city like Grand Forks. It makes for good football, which we won't see in Fargo for a long time.

It also came to my attention that NDSU has revolutionized college football by introducing something called tailgating at their games.

Take this as you may, but your football program is not going to prosper any faster just because some freshman had a beer before the game. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm going to wait with bated breath for the Montana Tech game in a couple of weeks.

R.I.P. Bison Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                                Enjoy. This has already been posted on Bisonville. Originated by a "journalist" at UND in 2004.Despite win, NDSU football still sucks By Derrik T. Sovak Published: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 Updated: Sunday, November 8, 2009 01:11 I thought that I might have trouble writing this column. But after I reviewed all the facts surrounding our overzealous neighbors to the south at North Dakota State, I realized that talking **** about them just gets easier and easier. On Saturday, NDSU hosted Valparaiso to a crowd of just over 18,000. They absolutely stomped Valpo to the tune of 52-0. As I watched local sports highlights and saw all of the Bison players patting each other's back for the ousting, I wondered how they were going to look at themselves in the mirror without laughing. Note to NDSU: Valparaiso offers no scholarships to their players. That means that they have less of a recruiting pool than Bethune-Cookman. Valpo also plays in the Pioneer Football League, which is almost as prestigious as NDSU's Great West Conference. Both these conferences look like the island of misfit schools. And when you get two teams like the Bison and the Crusaders on the field it's almost a toss up. The Bison were a sub-par team in Division II football last year, and the Crusaders finished 8-4 without a playoff appearance last season. So what happened in Fargo on Saturday was as far away from amazing as you can get without actually being at the Neverland Ranch. Everyone is so excited around the NDSU campus. Football means something to these people. But I feel it my duty to be the asshole and let them in on a little secret. For the next decade, NDSU football will be as arbitrary as paying .40 cents for ranch at Buffalo Wild Wings after running up a $500 bar tab. Saturday's matchup was between two unranked schools in leagues that mean nothing to anyone. A win is a win but when I'd still rather watch a team of midgets play a team of chimpanzees. This is an old argument. I said it last year, and it's no secret that I think NDSU's move to DI was a terrible decision. So I don't want NDSU to get their hopes up too high. If they really think that every team they play in that other Division is going to lie down and take it like its their first time, they're wrong. Just like when the Bison were getting crushed by DII teams every weekend, they will face a team that hands them a 52-0 loss and then we in Grand Forks will hear the griping and crying from the south. And I can say proudly that I saw it coming. On the other hand, UND had a barn-burner against Delta State - the number 2 and 10 teams in the country - in GF on Saturday. I witnessed great things in that game and there's a chance that we could see those teams meet again in the near future. Valpo won't be back in Fargo unless either they or the Bison need to fill their already defunct schedules next season. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that at UND football still has pride. I like knowing that, even though we're "only Division II" we still can watch two ranked teams play in a city like Grand Forks. It makes for good football, which we won't see in Fargo for a long time. It also came to my attention that NDSU has revolutionized college football by introducing something called tailgating at their games. Take this as you may, but your football program is not going to prosper any faster just because some freshman had a beer before the game. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm going to wait with bated breath for the Montana Tech game in a couple of weeks. R.I.P. Bison Athletics.
                                What a douche. Somebody should get ahold of this guy and remind him of how big of a moron he is.
                                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                                X