Bison fall at year's end again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Youngstown beats NDSU

Would you believe crowd letdown? Everyone acted like it was a funeral. I am glad I am a Jack fan.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      ... missed appertunities ...
      Did you do that on purpose? Is that a monkey joke?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        Did you do that on purpose? Is that a monkey joke?
        Well I didn't try to but it sort of is. That's just me using my smart phone and not spell checking. Not like it would help me anyway. For being a smart phone it doesn't make me look very smart.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Don't know what version of Bisonville you guys are reading. It's surprisingly mellow over there. There were more pissed off posters after the MSU-Moorehead game. Probably only at DEF-CON 4 right now, maybe see 3 tomorrow or later this week, but nothing above that. Last year after Missouri State debacle, yeah that explosion you guys saw on the north horizon was level 1.

Comment

This Bison are headed to the playoffs...again, and we just finished up 5-6....not much to smack about.
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
              Or waiting out in the parking lot with tire irons.
              Hey, we gotsta keep 'em honest!

*came to see if Jackistan's take on this terrible tragedy went straight to smack. leaving satisfied.

Comment

Re: Bison fall at year's end again

I blame a certain quarterback's big toe. Who'd a thunk the axis of the entire FCS world could shift due to a sore toe?

Seriously, though... toward the end, he was not playing up to the standard he set in the first 9 games.

Comment

Not sure what happened there, but NDSU will go far in the playoffs. If Jensen is hurt, he can get better next week against a woefully bad WIU team.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by UTH View Post
                    I blame a certain quarterback's big toe. Who'd a thunk the axis of the entire FCS world could shift due to a sore toe?

Seriously, though... toward the end, he was not playing up to the standard he set in the first 9 games.
                    It appears the Bison literally stubbed a toe. Good luck to the Bison. They are still a great team. We Jack fans can only hope some of these guys will peak in their skills. Mc Norton has been criticized on Bisonville for dancing too much and not moving the ball forward. If Marcus Williams and Jensen both peak this year, then we got a chance next year in Fargo. Lots of wishful thinking on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                      We beat Youngstown on the road and Youngstown beat NDSU at home. Just goes to show how close we were and what might have been had we not stubbed our toes on the I-States.... Could be thinking playoffs now.
                      We weren't that close. Comparative score don't work that way. We will see what this Bison team is made of. It's one loss. You don't get the title for going undefeated. Don't get me wrong, I smiled and chuckled a bit when I saw the score.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                        This Bison are headed to the playoffs...again, and we just finished up 5-6....not much to smack about.
                        and they came to Brookings, kicked our butts, and kept our trophy.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          It appears the Bison literally stubbed a toe. Good luck to the Bison. They are still a great team. We Jack fans can only hope some of these guys will peak in their skills. Mc Norton has been criticized on Bisonville for dancing too much and not moving the ball forward. If Marcus Williams and Jensen both peak this year, then we got a chance next year in Fargo. Lots of wishful thinking on my part.
                          The criticism of McNorton isn't entirely without merit. Late in the game, he'd take the ball and hit the hole, and then stop to scratch his head. The body language was pretty obvious: "Oh crap, there's somebody in my way. How'd he get there? Where the heck do I go?" Maybe it was bad blocking (holes were smaller than what I'm used to seeing). Maybe it was magic and he got confused (no explanation for his fumble). Maybe his head just wasn't that into it yesterday (still no explanation for his fumble). Maybe it's time for TAB to take his coat to the cleaners. Either way, I don't care, so long as they live and learn during a regular season game. If this were to have happened in the playoffs, most of Bisonville would be kicking puppies.

Comment

I have fun making wisecracks about NDSU but, if I had to be serious, I'd think back to the two NDSU games I watched: Minnesota and SDSU. The Bison are a very, very good team. A great team? Perhaps not, but there's potential the Bison will be better next year.

Comment

I had to giggle a little too when I read the result. But I like the fact that, unlike the FBS, it won't hose their national title shot. FCS -- Where true champions are crowned.

Comment

It was pretty simple to figure against YSU. NDSU was out played and out coached. The better team won that day. No refs to blame, no play calling to blame, no let down by the Bizon. I was at the game and it wasn't hard to figure out.

Comment

Working...
                                X