Uni - gdt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uni - gdt

Da Panthers come to CAS with the UNI/NDSU cockiness that has led to opportunities for the Jacks. SDSU is 17-24 vs UNI over the years, but have the 1 win in 2009, which is the ONLY D-I loss that UNI has suffered at the hands on a D-I Dakota team.

Jacks are growing and adjusting. Panthers are the pre-season favorites for the conference title, and they haven't demonstrated that they won't win it.

TIME for some TAILGATING. THEN CHEER on the JACKS TO A WIN. Nice day here in Brookings. Upper 50's high overcast, and limited winds. FOOTBALL WEATHER.

I'M here from toasty Nawlins, so be on the look out for a white AGS (Any Given Saturday) capped guy in the tailgate and say high!

Re: Uni - gdt

The Collegian will host a live-blog starting at 5:15 p.m.:

http://www.sdsucollegian.com/2011/10...otball-vs-uni/

Comment

Don't know if this will work, but http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/...ize/condensed/ is a direct link to the streaming game on Espn360.com

Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Terrible terrible throw for a pick. Our D looks decent. UNI is the dirtiest chippiest team I've ever seen.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Sumner's making me a believer!

Comment

2 Jackrabbit turnovers = 2 UNI TD's. Don't have to be Lombardi to figure that one out.

Comment

Tough game, fellas. Very good team.

In other better news... Youngstown beat So. Illinois in Carbondale. So we have a good chance in that game.

Comment

UNI is good but I think NDSU is much better (strictly based on watching them against the goofs). We had opportunities galore and turned it over and gave up boneheaded plays on D. No one to blame but ourselves for the final score. No doubt we have a team that can compete, they just need to be coached up.. Except our middle linebacker's pass defense when we run 2 deep. Mike lien got abused because he got sucked up and couldn't recover on his drop. Doesn't hurt that Rennie can apparently throw it too.So frustrating. I really don't like UNI.
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Well, we played with them for 3 quarters, but overall just too many mistakes to win against a team as good as UNI.

Sumner looked like a talented freshman tonight, but a freshman none-the-less. He made some good reads and had the #2 defense in the country on their heels in the first half, but the mistakes ultimately dampered an otherwise gutsy performance. UNI is well coached and made the halftime adjustments to take away what was working in the first half, and you could tell Austin didn't adjust well to it. These are the growing pains of a young QB going against a veteren defense, but ultimately Sumner will be better because of it.

Defense showed up for about 85% of the plays, but WOW the blown assignments are frustrating to see week in and week out. I thought going into the game the Jacks needed to make Rennie beat them with his arm, but when I came to that conclusion I meant make Rennie beat 1v1 coverage, not 1v0 coverage. The game gives me hope for the future in terms of physical talent, but raises questions about the mental side of things.

Playoffs are now officially out of the question, so lets hope players work hard to develop as much as possible. Finish the season strong so we can carry it over to the start of next season.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Not much to add, a few plays away from beating the NO2 team in FCS. Boothsby No 43 on defense went down in the final series of the game. I had left the game and was listening on WNAX. I agree with Tyler who questioned why UNI had left their starters in the game with a two score lead. It seems like bad things happen when you leave the starters in longer then necessary. Any reports on Boothsby? He seems to be a tough nose guard.

Comment

Aside from the obvious critical mistakes, and there were too many, we played well in the first half. The D had a relatively good night aside from the bomb...Luxa, I assume, as he does that weekly. Sorry if I'm wrong on that. Some progress, though. Good to see. Bowers and Lien played well. Sumner showed some promise, but there were too many picks. At least none were run back. Zenner is going to be a big stud. Don't know who 77 was on the O line, but he got destroyed every play he was in. He's not even on the program roster. I kid you not. Rollin had an up and down night. Nice stats, but at least three dropped balls. And I think he had the fumble, too. Too many penalties. Jeez. And just no breaks, either. In addition to putting all the blame on the players, as he always does, Stig seemed to take a shot at the fans on WNAX after the game. It sure sounded to me like he was unimpressed with 11,000-plus showing up to watch a two-win team on a state holiday (pheasant opener). It was strange. I wish there would have been more, too, but considering history, I was satisfied with attendance. Offensive play calling seems more diverse. Good to see. Sitting where I do and having a good view, it seems the special teams coach struggles with getting things organized and communication. Fingers crossed for next weekend. Fewer turnovers and another solid D effort and I think we give ourselves a chance in a big rivalry game. GBGBGJ!
                      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                        UNI is good but I think NDSU is much better (strictly based on watching them against the goofs). We had opportunities galore and turned it over and gave up boneheaded plays on D. No one to blame but ourselves for the final score. No doubt we have a team that can compete, they just need to be coached up.. Except our middle linebacker's pass defense when we run 2 deep. Mike lien got abused because he got sucked up and couldn't recover on his drop. Doesn't hurt that Rennie can apparently throw it too.So frustrating. I really don't like UNI.
                        Not sure if the Goofers can be used as a measuring stick as they are very, very bad. Very bad. It'll all play out soon enough, though. UNI and NDSU would be fun to watch...even if we hang a loss on the Bison first. :-) OK...long shot, I know. I can dream.
                        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                          Aside from the obvious critical mistakes, and there were too many, we played well in the first half. The D had a relatively good night aside from the bomb...Luxa, I assume, as he does that weekly. Sorry if I'm wrong on that. Some progress, though. Good to see. Bowers and Lien played well. Sumner showed some promise, but there were too many picks. At least none were run back. Zenner is going to be a big stud. Don't know who 77 was on the O line, but he got destroyed every play he was in. He's not even on the program roster. I kid you not. Rollin had an up and down night. Nice stats, but at least three dropped balls. And I think he had the fumble, too. Too many penalties. Jeez. And just no breaks, either. In addition to putting all the blame on the players, as he always does, Stig seemed to take a shot at the fans on WNAX after the game. It sure sounded to me like he was unimpressed with 11,000-plus showing up to watch a two-win team on a state holiday (pheasant opener). It was strange. I wish there would have been more, too, but considering history, I was satisfied with attendance. Offensive play calling seems more diverse. Good to see. Sitting where I do and having a good view, it seems the special teams coach struggles with getting things organized and communication. Fingers crossed for next weekend. Fewer turnovers and another solid D effort and I think we give ourselves a chance in a big rivalry game. GBGBGJ!
                          Meadows was insane with the O line. No chance next week if he continues. He had a back up left tackle playing left guard on the last series. #71 had two major penalties when he was playing center. It almost appears as if the coaches have given up on the season. What do you think? Why doesn't Stig reign Meadows in?A good head coach would step in and put a stop to Meadows nuttiness. Neither one will have a job in a couple of years if they keep this stuff up. This was a very unproffesional job with the O line tonight. Not something other D I coaches would be doing.

Comment

Another game where we were our own worst enemy. I had more to say but some how deleted it. Just imo we looked like the better team in the first half and felt uni was lucky to have a lead but they are a good team and took advantage of our mistakes.

Second half they made adustments that workd. Ours didn't. Sumner had a hard time because they were on our routes ans wrs really well in 2nd half. Way to many costly penalties.

D looked good when agressive. Just got worn out and lost its fire. Missed tackles and getting dragged by the other team as they get a first down even when hit well before the line is getting old.

The whole team should be in pink jerseys next week except our punter who flat out imo gets team mvp. Ouch that was tough to say. But its true. Most consistant performer.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Couple of plays really killed us. The 57 yard run, 80 yard TD pass, blown call on punt touchback/invisible pass interference stick out. But the even more frustrating thing to me is the penalties. Couple of the interceptions were headslappers(Moss had his defender outsized by at least 6 inches so why not throw the corner pass to him to outjump his defender???). Moss had an awesome catch in the first half. But the wideouts dropped a few too many balls. Punting game was solid. Also didn't like the whole theory of if a play works one time, let's run it the very next play. Also noticed the coaches finally realized we leave the middle of the field wide open so they started to drop someone back to the middle of the field in the second half (a couple games to late).
                              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Working...
                              X