USD "Keep it Classy" Campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD "Keep it Classy" Campaign

Talked to a few poor souls who went to the EWU game at the DakotaDump this Saturday. They couldn't believe that half the student section left at halftime even though the home team was leading the #1 team in the nation. Maybe the USD marketing Department should try and solve this issue instead of trying to make a name for themselves with associating themselves with the Jacks. No wonder they are still #2.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Well, then, please allow me to apologize. I certainly don't want to offend any coyote fans on a Jackrabbit board. I call it as I see it and I see some ignorance from some coyote fans. No big deal.
      I believe that.

But today at Pizza Hut, I overheard a conversation involving some Brookings residents that were extremely excited about USD to finally come play SDSU "sometime in 2013" and that "the University of North Dakota isn't that great of a rival." Obviously not true or diehards, but it can be bad on both sides.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Should we have a bet running on how long it takes until someone gets creative with some spraypaint?
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I suppose it goes without saying that everybody here knows that vandalism really isn't cool? (Shrugs, walks off, muttering darkly about human nature . . .)
          Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
          Should we have a bet running on how long it takes until someone gets creative with some spraypaint?
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            I suppose it goes without saying that everybody here knows that vandalism really isn't cool? (Shrugs, walks off, muttering darkly about human nature . . .)
            Funny rep pts given.

Comment

Somebody should make an open records request to see how much it cost USD's financially-strapped athletic department to post a billboard advertising OUR home game.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

About 1 1/2 months before Halloween, a sign outside of where Brookings PD regularly patrols, that sign is pretty much toast.........nice investment. It must be easy to get your team up for the one and only game they want to win every seasons(or two seasons in this case).
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

While I do find the billboard to be clever, I have a feeling that things may escalate quickly. Any chance of USD and SDSU playing each other again without the petty ugliness may have gone out the window in a quick hurry.

People can say "rivalry" all they want, but when some idiot gets too wrapped up in it, you end up with a situation like that crazy Alabama fan destroying the trees at Toomer's Corner at Auburn. Just dumb.

I really hope this isn't the case. Maybe I'm just paranoid.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

USD already trash talking for next years game

My sister sent me this picture for a new billboard that popped up right by Daktronics this morning. As always USD showing the class they are known for.
                    I hate USD, from their pole shed of a dome and the industrial grade carpet inside it, their classless fans, their players that trashed our locker rooms and performed cheap shot after cheap shot, to the coaches that fostered this type of behavior time and again; I hate USD. The best wins I ever had as a player is when we beat them time and again. I look forward to the boys showing them again how it is done with class and how to properly represent South Dakota.

It will be good for the new generation of players to get a taste of this rivalry again. I look forward to AD Sell's response to this.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                      I believe that.

But today at Pizza Hut, I overheard a conversation involving some Brookings residents that were extremely excited about USD to finally come play SDSU "sometime in 2013" and that "the University of North Dakota isn't that great of a rival." Obviously not true or diehards, but it can be bad on both sides.
                      Well understood. Don't get me wrong, I look forward to playing the coyotes again just not any more than I look forward to flying out to California to watch the Jacks play Cal-Poly while helping the It Starts with State campaign reach its goal. It's a rivalry and resuming it is important but that cannot be the focus. The billboard is certainly a talking point and I have no problem talking, especially about SDSU.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                        I'm going to be disappointed if something DOES'T happen
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I think the slogan should have been, "Leading the Pups into Division 1"

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                            I'm going to be disappointed if something DOES'T happen
                            I think this is what USD wants. They are hoping something will happen to the sign so they can use that to fire up their fans. They are trying to bait someone into doing something that moves it from a sports story to a front page story. I agree with KUlawJack, the petty ugliness has started and now will probably never stop. I guess the saying is true in that you can't teach an old dog or coyote new tricks.

Comment

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
                              I think this is what USD wants. They are hoping something will happen to the sign so they can use that to fire up their fans. They are trying to bait someone into doing something that moves it from a sports story to a front page story. I agree with KUlawJack, the petty ugliness has started and now will probably never stop. I guess the saying is true in that you can't teach an old dog or coyote new tricks.
                              I agree with el_presidente 100%. We are above this sort of thing.

Go State!

Comment

It's not like you can easily read the sign from the road anyway.
                                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                                X