USD "Keep it Classy" Campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD "Keep it Classy" Campaign

Go ahead and laugh at USD if you want but realize, after they get another moral victory this weekend against Wisconsin they will be 3-0 and almost certain to get a playoff spot.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

"It's unlikely that the drubbing will stand as the highlight of the season for the Jackrabbits (1-1) the way last year's narrow defeat at Nebraska did." written by SDSU assistant SID Terry V.

You might not believe in moral victories but it appears your players and coaches do.
      Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerHOF View Post
        "It's unlikely that the drubbing will stand as the highlight of the season for the Jackrabbits (1-1) the way last year's narrow defeat at Nebraska did." written by SDSU assistant SID Terry V.

You might not believe in moral victories but it appears your players and coaches do.
        I interpret that to mean last year was so disappointing that a loss to NU was the highlight. I suppose others may look at it your way.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

So the Princeton of the Prairie buys a billboard on the wrong side of the Interstate that's angled away from traffic to promote road game?

I'll bet they jumped all over it when the billboard company told them that for a premium they would guarantee exclusivity on that side of I-29.
          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I still think the athletic department needs to sell these tickets in a package first. Then, after an allotted time, they can go on sale individually. This would make people buy tickets to TWO games and make more money for them. Just do ANYTHING to make more money for the department. Same goes with the basketball games.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I think it's funny. And I doubt it was purchased by USD. Most likely an alum.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                I think it's funny. And I doubt it was purchased by USD. Most likely an alum.
                Then it will be coming down soon as you can't use any University's trademarks without its permission.

It was purchased by USD.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                  So the Princeton of the Prairie buys a billboard on the wrong side of the Interstate that's angled away from traffic to promote road game?

I'll bet they jumped all over it when the billboard company told them that for a premium they would guarantee exclusivity on that side of I-29.
                  Yup. Wile E. Coyote - Super Genius

Comment

I've already received 4 e-mails with this picture from people who haven't paid attention to a single game since the coyotes went DI. Decide for yourselves what that means. I'm pretty sure not one of them has any idea about any other teams in the MVC or at the FCS level. The rivalry can be a good thing but promotion of ignorance shouldn't be one of the goals.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post

It was pretty thoughtful of them if you think about it. The only way we can see it is through the rear view mirror, which is where we have to look for the Yotes following the Jackrabbits - it makes perfect sense.

Remember, Coyotes - once you are in Brookings, you can go anywhere from here.

Comment

I honestly think USD would beat us in football this year. But like JimmyJack said, they lose so many starters that we will be fine next year. As for the 11-12 basketball season? Good lord they are going to get destroyed. I'm excited to watch Nate rip apart the matchup zone I've watched for so many years. I like the billboard though. Gets me excited for the game
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          I've already received 4 e-mails with this picture from people who haven't paid attention to a single game since the coyotes went DI. Decide for yourselves what that means. I'm pretty sure not one of them has any idea about any other teams in the MVC or at the FCS level. The rivalry can be a good thing but promotion of ignorance shouldn't be one of the goals.
                          I e-mailed a photo of the billboard to a lot of people. I'm a USD season-ticket holder, and I follow FCS football, particularly the Great West and MVFC. I find it to be rather funny and playful. A "promotion of ignorance" sounds ridiculous at best and high and mighty at worst.
                          University of South Dakota:
                          Oldest university of the Dakotas; Home of S.D.'s only accredited law, medical and business schools; S.D.'s designated liberal arts institution; National scholars galore; Alma mater of 10 S.D. governors, 20 members of Congress, all sitting S.D. Supreme Ct. justices and 1/2 of all S.D. physicians; Warmer than Brookings; Where JackMD received his advanced degree!

Comment

Wow, SDST fans cant even handle a billboard. its a billboard. Wile Coyote always chasing the rabbit. Of course he is chasing it, they chase rabbits then eats them. C'mon guys I thought you were all farmers, you should know how wildlife works. You can call us little brother all you want, but in the back of your mind you know that simply isn't true. I just wish we would have played in football this year because USD would win. As for the "You can go anywhere from here" campaign, I love how it promoted grads from leaving the state. Here is a nice article recently on KELO showing that you "Can Go Anywhere From Here" http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail6162.cfm?Id=120499

Comment

Originally posted by yotemeal View Post
                              I e-mailed a photo of the billboard to a lot of people. I'm a USD season-ticket holder, and I follow FCS football, particularly the Great West and MVFC. I find it to be rather funny and playful. A "promotion of ignorance" sounds ridiculous at best and high and mighty at worst.
                              Well, then, please allow me to apologize. I certainly don't want to offend any coyote fans on a Jackrabbit board. I call it as I see it and I see some ignorance from some coyote fans. No big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by coyotecrazie5 View Post
                                Wow, SDST fans cant even handle a billboard. its a billboard. Wile Coyote always chasing the rabbit. Of course he is chasing it, they chase rabbits then eats them. C'mon guys I thought you were all farmers, you should know how wildlife works. ...
                                Stereotyping 101? I didn't realize they still taught that at the lesser university. Next semester, you might want to take a logic class instead. But, hey, we appreciate your interest in Jackrabbit athletics. We don't blame you for wanting to escape the dullness and insecurity of Coyotie-Land.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X