• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ed Meierkort...

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    WHAT?

"You go first" history excluded?
    "Jacks won 12 of last 15 D-II games between the two schools excluded?"
    USD does lead the series in wins, but some of those wins came in the real early years when football was in it's infancy.

Comment

Some of the losses were on the road. And we know that those don't count.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Rocky 1st year for Meierkort.
        http://www.aroundosceola.com/index.p...rMo8zQ.twitter

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          I would say so. He better get a tan before he heads back north.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            Eerily similar accusations had arisen at USD. I think they will want to keep a close eye on any camps or fundraising events.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Parents asked to have him leadng their children? Amazing.
              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                Parents asked to have him leadng their children? Amazing.
                Per Karla Ray WFTV reporter in Orlando, FL and Jeremy Hoeck's twitter account Ed was...

Fired today. Anyone that doesn't believe he was doing the same things he has been accused of in Florida while he was at USD is naive. He wasn't fired just because the AD position changed at USD. Ed is slick and with slick comes trouble.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Uffda.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

The thing will be whether or not anyone can prove that this occurred at USD, not that someone said it. Again I believe it happened but this kind of stuff gets slid under the rug and no one is ever suppose to find out again. Will be interesting to see if maybe any reporters try to find out what exactly were the reason he got fired at USD anymore. As seen with Rice at Rutgers generally these type of things don't just pop up over night.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                      Uffda.
                      Double Uffda. Ed earned his Masters at SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                        The thing will be whether or not anyone can prove that this occurred at USD, not that someone said it. Again I believe it happened but this kind of stuff gets slid under the rug and no one is ever suppose to find out again. Will be interesting to see if maybe any reporters try to find out what exactly were the reason he got fired at USD anymore. As seen with Rice at Rutgers generally these type of things don't just pop up over night.
                        Abbott isn't at risk here. The new AD will have had nothing to do with Coach Meierkort. The Board or Regents and legislature don't care about what happened "back then". I don't see that there is anything to gain by dredging it up again now. I don't think anyone at USD is or was to blame for anything illegal that happened. It was Ed's show and he took the ultimate fall.

Comment

For the sake of Ed's son, who's going to play baseball at SDSU, we should exercise restraint on this topic.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            Abbott isn't at risk here. The new AD will have had nothing to do with Coach Meierkort. The Board or Regents and legislature don't care about what happened "back then". I don't see that there is anything to gain by dredging it up again now. I don't think anyone at USD is or was to blame for anything illegal that happened. It was Ed's show and he took the ultimate fall.
                            The law suit a few years back just prior to SDSU going D1, upset the BOR, but the only reason they were upset is that some of legal settlement case came out of the BOR pockets. For those who recall, the female coachs sued USD and the BOR, I believe. The coaches won and got some cash in settlement. I dont know the details of Ed firing. He does seem to have problems handling other peoples money.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                              For the sake of Ed's son, who's going to play baseball at SDSU, we should exercise restraint on this topic.
                              Forum member's choice. Ed's decisions are his to make. My concern is with the admin at USD and what seems to be a possible lack of oversight or a choice to conceal information that the citizens of SD should be made aware of. There are unanswered questions in this situation and in others.

Comment

Working...
                              X