Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: More bad news

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
    And finally, I thought that term limits for state legislators was wrong and harmful. It would be more appropriate, IMO, at the national level, where incumbency is so powerful. South Dakota legislators continue to be citizen legislators who are back home with their constituents 80% of the time.
    Amen, and Amen!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
      And finally, I thought that term limits for state legislators was wrong and harmful. It would be more appropriate, IMO, at the national level, where incumbency is so powerful. South Dakota legislators continue to be citizen legislators who are back home with their constituents 80% of the time.
      Careful here my friend. SD collectes more fed dollars than it pays out and this has been going on for a long time. Seniority rewards smaller states as well as large ones. One Senator who was powerful during the 1950's as I am sure you recall was Senator Karl Mundt. Even in those lean years in the 1960's where the Demos had more than 60 votes, Karl did bring home the bacon, mainly because of that powerful seniority.

Comment

Nothing against lobbyists. They are there to represent the people also. At times do a better job of that than the legislature in that they often resist unnecessary legislative action.

Who said, "The best term limits are an informed voter?"
        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
        X