X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD wants new logo

USD no longer wants to be associated with the "U"

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...news|text|Home

I also beliebe there were some cheap shots aimed at STATE. just an observation....

Re: USD wants new logo

I don't like it at all . . . I'm not surprised, however, at the result considering the firm that created the proposed logo.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78 View Post
      I don't like it at all . . . I'm not surprised, however, at the result considering the firm that created the proposed logo.
      It is interesting that they went with L-S instead of HenkinSchultz.

And, frankly, that U. logo had such a limited scope... The U is only 'the U' to about 850k people out of 310 million.

Comment

The U was a bad logo, but is it any better then a SD? It looks like the San Diego Padres logo colored red. At least SDSU's SD logo has some originality, a couple of colors, and looks good. If your going to go the route they are going at least put a U in there and make it USD.
        Last edited by joeboo22; 04-09-2011, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
          The U was a bad logo, but is it any better then a SD? It looks like the San Diego Pirates logo colored red. At least SDSU's SD logo has some originality, a couple of colors, and looks good. If your going to go the route they are going at least put a U in there and make it USD.

Do you mean the San Diego Padres or is there such a thing as the San Diego Pirates?

Comment

I don't like it. I guess it's better than the U. logo.
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Obviously inspired by the University of Oklahoma's OU. Why does the "D" have a slice in it?

Holy nutmeg!

Comment

san diego state

san diego padres

south dakota state
                univ of south dakota

any one else see a trademark infringement lawsuit coming from someone. and with this logo will ESPN say San Diego Padres instead of South Dakota Coyotes on broadcasts

Comment

That logo does nothing to help them, why not put a U on it. They refer to them selfs as U. so it should be a Large U a smaller SD locked in. It would be an easier logo to know what is.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                      Do you mean the San Diego Padres or is there such a thing as the San Diego Pirates?
                      yeah Padres, I'm not sure what I was doing

Comment

"Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I think that little gap along the D is also distracting. It reminds me, actually, a bit of the interlocked OS used by Oregon State. I think it's decent enough, though, though there are things I would alter a bit.
                          Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayJack View Post

I also beliebe there were some cheap shots aimed at STATE. just an observation....
                            I didn't see any cheap shots in the Argus article but I did read some subtle cheap shots in USD AD Sayler's remarks reported in the Rapid City Journal article on the logo -- same old song suggesting SDSU more at fault for not playing USD sooner due to egos etc. It's not worth arguing about (or this thread will turn to smack)

Here's a link to the Rapid City Journal's article. See the sad facts presented by Sayler on the poor USD alum financial support in Rapid City (Sayler said two dozen contributors out of about 2000 alums). SDSU has a great group of very supportive alums in Rapid City -- and they're growing in numbers. The positive news for USD: it has nowhere to go but up in terms of fundraising. LINK TO JOURNAL ARTICLE

Correction: Herbster was making the comments at Rapid City.
                            Last edited by JackJD; 04-09-2011, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Ridiculous. They paid someone to come up with....that? Why not stick with the coyote paw, I like that one. USD just took a step or two backwards, that thing looks High School to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X