Spring Ball Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Ball Update

Any updates from Brookings in regards to the spring practices?

Is the spring game slated for April 16?

Who are the starting TE's on offense? Wideouts? RB? Who are the starting DT's?

How does TOB look?

Any news would be appreciated as we don't have day to day coverage out of town. Is there any source for day to day spring ball coverage besides this forum?

Thank you.

Re: Spring Ball Update

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
    Any updates from Brookings in regards to the spring practices?

Is the spring game slated for April 16?

Who are the starting TE's on offense? Wideouts? RB? Who are the starting DT's?

How does TOB look?

Any news would be appreciated as we don't have day to day coverage out of town. Is there any source for day to day spring ball coverage besides this forum?

Thank you.
    I'd say this forum is your best bet.

Students....one of you get your tails out to practice, and bring report back here, ASAP!

Comment

I can tell you that the squad was outside practicing Monday afternoon in just helmets and practice jerseys, thus no pads.

Comment

I know I reporting this on the wrong message board, but NDSU is converting their fourth string RB Voitlender to Kicker.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          I know I reporting this on the wrong message board, but NDSU is converting their fourth string RB Voitlender to Kicker.
          Matt was a very good kicker for Centenial High School back in the day along with being a good High School running back.

Comment

I heard that Dale Moss caught a touchdown pass in practice. Dale Moss is doing very well. He is on track to being a contributor. I'm not sure why there are such doubters out there. Watch and see.

Comment

Also heard that TOB is looking sharp.

Comment

How does the pistol look? I know the timing is supposed to be something to work out with the WRs.

Comment

unfortunately this year we will have far less coverage due to the fact hartley has a full time job... His spring camp and preseason coverage were excellent last year...

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                    How does the pistol look? I know the timing is supposed to be something to work out with the WRs.
                    Too early to tell on the pistol. This would be a good question for TV. You are right about the timing with the wide receivers but that is true this year for all of the routes, not just the pistol. I don't think the pistol changes much for the OL. The snap is easier for Castle I'd guess. A lot of casual observers won't even know that the Jacks are in the pistol. You are asking a lot of the students to report on this. Challenge is out there students...

Once Moss gets his timing done; he could be great. I think the Jacks offense is easiest to learn for WR. QB obviously is the toughest, with OL next due to zone blocking. RB has the pass blocking scheme and TE has the zone blocking too.

Question - who is out there as second string center?

Comment

Too early to tell on the pistol. This would be a good question for TV. You are right about the timing with the wide receivers but that is true this year for all of the routes, not just the pistol. I don't think the pistol changes much for the OL. The snap is easier for Castle I'd guess. A lot of casual observers won't even know that the Jacks are in the pistol. You are asking a lot of the students to report on this. Challenge is out there students...

Once Moss gets his timing done; he could be great. I think the Jacks offense is easiest to learn for WR. QB obviously is the toughest, with OL next due to zone blocking. RB has the pass blocking scheme and TE has the zone blocking too.

Question - who is out there as second string center?
                      How would u know that the Jacks offense would be easier to learn for the WR's? A simple 12 yard curl route/comeback route can have 4 or 5 different adjustments to it depending on what the coverage is- whether they are playing Cover 1, Cover2, Cover 3 or Cover 4 just to name a few different secondary schemes. Remember that the WR has to be on the same page of the QB at all times. Its not as easy as it sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                        How would u know that the Jacks offense would be easier to learn for the WR's? A simple 12 yard curl route/comeback route can have 4 or 5 different adjustments to it depending on what the coverage is- whether they are playing Cover 1, Cover2, Cover 3 or Cover 4 just to name a few different secondary schemes. Remember that the WR has to be on the same page of the QB at all times. Its not as easy as it sounds.
                        Yes, but the WR does not have all the reads the O lineman and QB have. That is 6 out of the 11 positions. 7 or 8 if you count the tight ends. Why do you think the O lineman have to be smart? There is a lot to learn.

WR is easier to learn. That is why Dale Moss has a chance to be great. Not saying it is easy as some defensive positions, but it is all relative. Look how fast the WR's and Favre were on the same page two years ago. It took three weeks. Favre skipped camp if you remember.

It would be almost impossible to come in one year and learn O line enough to contribute. Very few true freshman O line play at any level of DI college football. Probably more QB's play as true freshman. It is not just the physical for the linemen, it is the mental.

Comment

Yes, but the WR does not have all the reads the O lineman and QB have. That is 6 out of the 11 positions. 7 or 8 if you count the tight ends. Why do you think the O lineman have to be smart? There is a lot to learn.

WR is easier to learn. That is why Dale Moss has a chance to be great. Not saying it is easy as some defensive positions, but it is all relative. Look how fast the WR's and Favre were on the same page two years ago. It took three weeks. Favre skipped camp if you remember.

It would be almost impossible to come in one year and learn O line enough to contribute. Very few true freshman O line play at any level of DI college football. Probably more QB's play as true freshman. It is not just the physical for the linemen, it is the mental.
                          Can't compare FAVRE and professional WR's to our situation here.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                            Can't compare FAVRE and professional WR's to our situation here.
                            Dale Moss caught a TD his second day of practice.

I'm excited about the things I'm hearing about Dale Moss. Adding an athlete like him to the mix sure is good...

Comment

Dale Moss caught a TD his second day of practice.

I'm excited about the things I'm hearing about Dale Moss. Adding an athlete like him to the mix sure is good...
                              Thats great today will be the 2nd day of practice though

Comment

Working...
                              X