Big Dance 2012?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big Dance 2012?

ORU returns good talent, Luper's out this Oct. as a member of the PanAmerican US team, and Jaci is the ??? as far as recovery. ORU is getting tabbed by some pre-season polls to be at the 2009 Jacks level. Their OOC is as tough as the Jacks, so if better than .500 OOC, Eagles will be a tough match up.

SDSU brings back an explosive team, and if they work through the point guard issues quickly, have a great chance to be the top team.

IMHO, whoever wins the Summit regular season will have a minimum of 2 losses, and likely 3-4 in Summit play.

Comment

Can't stand Finkbeiner because he did this to Jaci. He had her doing warmups and even put her in the game with a fully torn ACL. That's incredibly irresponsible. I don't care if Jaci went along with it, of course she went along with it. That's the way competitive athletes are. He may have cost his team their best shot at beating the Jacks by permanently damaging Jaci's knee.

JackMD can correct me on this, but AFAIK, you can seriously damage the cartilage on the ends of your tibia and femur if you ignore an ACL tear, and if this happened to Bigham, she might never be what she was her first two years.

Bigham is coming off of a late ACL surgery and is still having fluid drained from her knee.

Comment

Another challenging schedule in my opinion. Getting to the NCAA tournament gets harder and harder every year. That being said, I like our chances again. Very very deep team this year.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
          Another challenging schedule in my opinion. Getting to the NCAA tournament gets harder and harder every year. That being said, I like our chances again. Very very deep team this year.
          That;s very true, and it will never get easier, but Jill Young and Sunnarborg and the team can handle it!
          Great moments are born from great opportunities.
          ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
            Can't stand Finkbeiner because he did this to Jaci. He had her doing warmups and even put her in the game with a fully torn ACL. That's incredibly irresponsible. I don't care if Jaci went along with it, of course she went along with it. That's the way competitive athletes are. He may have cost his team their best shot at beating the Jacks by permanently damaging Jaci's knee.

JackMD can correct me on this, but AFAIK, you can seriously damage the cartilage on the ends of your tibia and femur if you ignore an ACL tear, and if this happened to Bigham, she might never be what she was her first two years.
            I may not be remembering correctly,but I thought that I read somewhere (maybe in one of TV's blogs ?) that since the tear was complete,that no further damage was possible if the knee was properly braced. Even so,Finkbeiner was wrong because delaying surgery also meant delaying when rehab could begin.

Comment

"Complete ACL ruptures have a much less favorable outcome. After a complete ACL tear, some patients are unable to participate in cutting or pivoting-type sports, while others have instability during even normal activities, such as walking. There are some rare individuals who can participate in sports without any symptoms of instability. This variability is related to the severity of the original knee injury, as well as the physical demands of the patient." http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00297

Comment

With the talent we have this year, from the whole team, freshman through seniors, I think we have a shot.
                Great moments are born from great opportunities.
                ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Oct. 31st Sports Lounge
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IisojlJWOSw

0:00 - 17:35 Recap of the 2011 World Series
                  17:35 - 24:15 2011-2012 South Dakota State women's basketball preview
                  24:15 - 36:10 College football review
                  36:10 - 50:09 Missouri Valley football talk and Orlando
                  Sports Lounge TV Show: http://www.youtube.com/user/tlk23?feature=mhee
                  Sports Block Radio Show: http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A"Sports+Block"

Comment

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
                    Do you think the ladies will make the Big Dance for a fourth time? I don't know if they can do it next year. Losing Rotert, Schuttloffel, and Michelson all at once is a big loss, but then again gaining Rachel Walters and still having Jill Young is fine. I just wonder what will happen.
                    Doesn't it seem like we come into every season wondering if we can possibly fill the shoes of the departed seniors? Props to the coaching staff, and team, for always being able to step up. IMO, this team could be really, really good. They have athletic bigs, numerous back court options, and another great mix of youth and experience. Having multiple options for the back court will really take some of the stress off Jill so she can do what she does, score the ball.bring on the season!
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
                    X