Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Twins 2011 Season Thread

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Every single pitcher they have is the same.
    They certainly need to do something different.

This, "pitch to contact" crap disgusts me. Always has.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

It would be nice to have a couple more pitchers that would try to miss the bats of opposing hitters. Hopefully Kyle Gibson will be able to help out and miss a few bats. Problem is we do not have a whole lot of help coming from the minor leagues.

Comment

Three in a row....HERE WE COME!!!!

Comment

And just when the Twins get your hopes up by playing an incredible stretch of baseball, (what, something like 17-3 over a 20 game stretch?), and pulling to withing 6 1/2 of Cleveland, they have now lost 6 in a row.

Last nights dismantling was pretty terribad, to say the least.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Its like a race with twins and my cardinals to see which team sends more people or spends more time on the DL. Cards are without wainwright all year, Holiday and pujols and Freese and like 8 other guys several starters out for long periods this year. find it amazing the cards are where they are. Just hope they stay healthy and get hot come end of the year. I doubt both the brewers and Reds can stay up there for whole time. Hope it comes down to the cards and one of them to push it down to the wire. Twins In the central showed a few good weeks and they are just about back in it. No way are they out of it but they sure need to get more consistancy. M and M are not helping the twins any this year. Its tough when your 2 superstars are both constantly injured.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Its like a race with twins and my cardinals to see which team sends more people or spends more time on the DL. Cards are without wainwright all year, Holiday and pujols and Freese and like 8 other guys several starters out for long periods this year. find it amazing the cards are where they are. Just hope they stay healthy and get hot come end of the year. I doubt both the brewers and Reds can stay up there for whole time. Hope it comes down to the cards and one of them to push it down to the wire. Twins In the central showed a few good weeks and they are just about back in it. No way are they out of it but they sure need to get more consistancy. M and M are not helping the twins any this year. Its tough when your 2 superstars are both constantly injured.
              Are both teams suffering from the Curse of Nick Punto?

Comment

The Twins just aren't that good. When that's combined with injuries, well, we all see the results.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Fair to ask, I think he has been a good addition playing good enough D considering the Cards have like a million errors on the year. Also so timely hitting, doesnt show much in the box score but he seems to be a good addition. just stinks both teams have so many injuries.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The thing I have enjoyed most about this year is watching the development of young talent. While the Twins lack some depth in the farm system, they have gotten some quality innings from that group. The Twins are 22-11 since Ben Revere has been called up from Rochester. Hard to imagine that an outfielder with limited power and a weak arm could have such an impact. His speed in the field has been huge, and his attitude in the clubhouse has made a difference too.

While I would love to watch them continue to ascend in the standings, the hole has been so huge to dig out of. If I were a betting man, I would wager that they will be a team trading away veterans for prospects as the trading deadline looms. Cuddyer may be the most valuable trading commodity, but his versitility and club house leadership are so important. That's why I would consider trading Jason Kubel instead. I could see a couple of pitchers being dealt too. Matt Capps was an obvious trade until his recent struggles.

Comment

Sell sell sell sell and then sell some more.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                        Sell sell sell sell and then sell some more.
                        Agreed. Get rid of Matt Capps. Give him away to whoever is dumb enough to want him.
                        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                          Agreed. Get rid of Matt Capps. Give him away to whoever is dumb enough to want him.
                          No kidding. This trade is looking worse and worse as the season goes on. Ramos is tearing it up in Washington!

Comment

This just in.....THE TWINS ARE ONLY 5 GAMES OUT.......another 1 run game today. I wonder is records are kept for 1 run wins and losses cause the Twins have to be close to that.

Comment

Stick a fork in them, the Twins are DONE. Such a disappointing season.

Comment

They were done a long time ago. Great job by management not trading anyone...

Comment

Working...
                                X