Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Song YOU want to be on the Pre-Game Intro video

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Oh, yeah, Morrissey. Former lead singer of The Smiths.

For you youngsters, I present:

Girlfriend In A Coma

(sorry about the advert . . . but hey, it's an "official video")
    You assume cause we're young we don't know Morrissey or The Smiths? Some of us are in college, ya know
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I dont really care what song the team comes out to as long as it has part of the honey badger video spliced into it. like the Honey Badger he don't give a....cut to clip of SDSU D lighting some guy up on a tackle or something.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        You assume cause we're young we don't know Morrissey or The Smiths? Some of us are in college, ya know
        Lt Jim Dangle from Reno 911 wears a Morrissey shirt with his pink bandana and jean shorts for his street clothes.

"The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          Why yes. Yes, I do.

And get off my lawn.

Whippersnapper . . . (grumbles while listening to The Suburbs "Roll Over City," possibly the bestest sports intro song ever by an upper-Midwestern-based band, sadly relegated to the vinyl dustheap of history, 'cuz, with nothing I can find on YouTube that uses that song at all . . . )

But wait! I found an mp3!

http://www.twintonedigital.com/mp3/8230-01.mp3
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wccfb..._order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBwvu...x=2&playnext=1

I am biased but there are fewer songs that can get me pumped up for anything. I love AWK. And yes that is me with the terroristish style goatee beard combo thing. I mean if your gonna meet AWK, you gotta look like crap.

He is genuinely a nice guy and nice to talk to. I have met other bands who had that holier then thou feeling to them. Not AWK, he will always take time and be sincere about meeting those who want to get a picture or autograph. Very inspirational in a weird way, but he is.

My idea is to have the first 30 second intro to never let down as the team starts its walk out on the video screen, then kick right in to when its time to party we will party hard and then the team runs on the field while the music goes intense.

or have a instramental version of this song. its fun and the intro i think would be cool with the bells playing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gSnVK_bAsk

take out the lryics and the beat would be cool for a video of highlights that could pop on the beat.

and now the other team could have this. I think it would be fun.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFrGuyw1V8s

Comment

Can't think of any good ones right now, but great idea for a thread.

I think the visiting team should come out to "Feelings".

Comment

There are a couple of very good up and coming hard rock/punk bands based out of Minnesota, maybe it would be in the depts. best interest to contact them (Or hold a contest maybe) asking for original songs that could be the "SDSU" intro song. that way you could get exactly the feeling you are going for with the build up to the entrance, the beat entire feeling you are going for and it would be ours alone.

Thing is, if they were to go this route they would need to start yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                  There are a couple of very good up and coming hard rock/punk bands based out of Minnesota, maybe it would be in the depts. best interest to contact them (Or hold a contest maybe) asking for original songs that could be the "SDSU" intro song. that way you could get exactly the feeling you are going for with the build up to the entrance, the beat entire feeling you are going for and it would be ours alone.

Thing is, if they were to go this route they would need to start yesterday.
                  Great idea. Have a local bands compete in a "write the SDSU run-out song" contest.

P.O.D. wrote the "chargers anthem" for the San Diego Chargers a few years back... they are native San Diegans.

Comment

Since everybody in the country thinks we are San Diego State University, maybe they could write ours as well.
                    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Here's a few songs that get me pumped up when I work out... and they might work for SDSU's intro.

First... Rev Theory, "Hell Yeah"
                      http://youtu.be/7LuSP4QaXiQ

Second... The Skids, "The Saints are Coming" (the original version)
                      http://youtu.be/wT9eQ2smjUM

and my personal favorite... Led Zepplin, "Immigrant Song"
                      http://youtu.be/nBmueYJ0VhA
                      **yes the Vikings use this, but could you imagine using this against Youngstown, GA Southern or any of those "Warm Weather" teams?
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Blur "Song 2"
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlAHZURxRjY

And it's even about the right length for a Intro Video... timing in at 2:10.

Comment

i would go with fort minor remember the name

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5YJfPBqPNE

Comment

The "Immigrant Song"-Led Zeppelin
                            "I Believe I can Fly"- I have no idea who wrote this
                            "Thriller" -If you don't know who wrote this, you have some catching up to do
                            Great moments are born from great opportunities.
                            ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin is always a great choice.

I love how they do it at Nebraska with Sirius by Manheim Steamroller. Yeah, its been done but it doesn't get much better than how they get the crowd fired up before it starts all the way through when they run onto the field.

What about coming out to Eminem- 8 mile with a narrative going on at first followed them running onto the field to something shorter and harder hitting followed by Ring The Bells. Assuming of course, that the timing is down right? I love how it is used in the new Chrysler commercials and could see some of the leaders from next years team saying giving little clips for the narrative.

Hell, it doesn't matter to me. Just make it kickass! I'm ready for football tomorrow!

SUPERBUNNY
                              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                                Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin is always a great choice.

I love how they do it at Nebraska with Sirius by Manheim Steamroller. Yeah, its been done but it doesn't get much better than how they get the crowd fired up before it starts all the way through when they run onto the field.

What about coming out to Eminem- 8 mile with a narrative going on at first followed them running onto the field to something shorter and harder hitting followed by Ring The Bells. Assuming of course, that the timing is down right? I love how it is used in the new Chrysler commercials and could see some of the leaders from next years team saying giving little clips for the narrative.

Hell, it doesn't matter to me. Just make it kickass! I'm ready for football tomorrow!

SUPERBUNNY
                                Ha ha there ya go! Who cares what it is? Just get people fired up!
                                Great moments are born from great opportunities.
                                ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Working...
                                X