Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bison fans are great

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
    Saul is owning Nagy with his and Miles recruits, what does that say about your coach? The man is in a rebuilding effort and Nagy has had some of his best and most experienced teams and yet he has done nothing to shut us Bison fans up.

There is only two ways to shut us up, beat us or accomplish something of significance. Saul has accomplishments and he is 8-0 vs your squad. If Nagy was 8-0 vs NDSU the last thing I'd be doing is blasting his coaching and recruiting abilities.
    It says Saul can get them up for two games a year and finish in the bottom of the Summit and be one and done. Thanks for considering wins over the Jackrabbits as more important than conference records and tournament success.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
      It says Saul can get them up for two games a year and finish in the bottom of the Summit and be one and done. Thanks for considering wins over the Jackrabbits as more important than conference records and tournament success.

Please explain to me what SDSU has done of any importance since the transition??? I would love to hear the list of IMPRESSIVE accomplishments
      BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
        Please explain to me what SDSU has done of any importance since the transition??? I would love to hear the list of IMPRESSIVE accomplishments
        Please explain to me what the Bison have done since Woody left, oh and while you are at it why don't you tell us about your D-II football championships. No Bison post would be complete without it.

You had one shining moment, congratulations, but that was already two seasons ago. And the kids who brought you that moment were recruited by a coach who moved on. The past is the past tell me about your present and thump your chest if you dare.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
          Please explain to me what the Bison have done since Woody left, oh and while you are at it why don't you tell us about your D-II football championships. No Bison post would be complete without it.

You had one shining moment, congratulations, but that was already two seasons ago. And the kids who brought you that moment were recruited by a coach who moved on. The past is the past tell me about your present and thump your chest if you dare.

And like always someone like you pulls out the PAST IS THE PAST deal, well at least we have a Past that is worth something....your grasping for straws and go ahead and attack me but FYI neither team was even close to making it to the NCAA tournament this year so i don't get you over inflated EGO.....looks like someone needs a sucker
          BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
            And like always someone like you pulls out the PAST IS THE PAST deal, well at least we have a Past that is worth something....your grasping for straws and go ahead and attack me but FYI neither team was even close to making it to the NCAA tournament this year so i don't get you over inflated EGO.....looks like someone needs a sucker
            Who do you want to be?

19-11 with a loss in semi-finals of the Summit Tournament with your leading scorer and rebounder coming back or 14-15 with a loss in the quarter-finals having graduated your leading scorer who has 150 more points than the next closest kid, on a team that has trouble scoring.

We may not be where we want to be but I sure as heck wouldn't trade our position for yours.

Comment

2009-2010: 11-18
              2010-2011: 14-15

I'm content with progress, Saul was left with just Tveidt when those guys graduated(nobody else had any real experience). I'll be unhappy when the team stops making strides forward, when your team loses its entire core at this level it is hard to expect instant success.
              I'm curious who you think is resposible for that situation (lack of experience/players)? I find it interesting that NDSU is currently going through some of the same things in terms of recruits either not working out or continuing to develop, but that it is consistently stated by NDSU fans that SDSU is 'accepting of mediocrity'.

Most SDSU fans are not exactly pleased about the way our men's bball team has moved through the transistion, but we do understand it and feel we are seeing progress. Most of us expect things to continue to progress moving forward. If they don't, I expect we will see changes made.

Comment

The Bison have a long way to go, no doubt about it. Both our teams need to make significant strides if they want a chance to win the Summit and advance on.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                  Sorry for pointing out facts that don't agree with what you are saying, but I guess that means I'm just being an ass again.

We've had our own problems when it comes to men's basketball, I don't think it's appropriate for us to be mocking the Bison considering we haven't beaten them in FIVE years.
                  Well our confrence finish we have beaten them. just not on the court but overall body of work we are better. The point is, we were bad and got better, they were good and got worse.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Saul is owning Nagy with his and Miles recruits, what does that say about your coach? The man is in a rebuilding effort and Nagy has had some of his best and most experienced teams and yet he has done nothing to shut us Bison fans up.

There is only two ways to shut us up, beat us or accomplish something of significance. Saul has accomplishments and he is 8-0 vs your squad. If Nagy was 8-0 vs NDSU the last thing I'd be doing is blasting his coaching and recruiting abilities.
                    So where did you guy finish in the confrence standings? Your braggin about beating us head to head is the most important stat is starting to make NDSU fans sound like USD fans. Sorry for the insult, but really thats all USD can ever brag about if they beat us. We are more into finishing hire and advancing in the tourny. remember that one year you got out of the first round? I dont see that changing anytime soon.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
                      I'm curious who you think is resposible for that situation (lack of experience/players)? I find it interesting that NDSU is currently going through some of the same things in terms of recruits either not working out or continuing to develop, but that it is consistently stated by NDSU fans that SDSU is 'accepting of mediocrity'.

Most SDSU fans are not exactly pleased about the way our men's bball team has moved through the transistion, but we do understand it and feel we are seeing progress. Most of us expect things to continue to progress moving forward. If they don't, I expect we will see changes made.
                      I don't think SDSU fans are accepting mediocrity, your team is steadily improving.

We basically had an all-in plan at the start of our transition. It worked out but I think everyone involved knew that it was going to cause some short term pain. Some players not developing/getting injured has also caused a bit more pain.

But this year our freshmen did contribute 40% of our scoring, two of those guys were playing high school ball last year and by the end of the year they entrenched themselves in starting roles. I don't like being 14-15 one bit but I can be content with it since for the first time in since the Woodside class graduated we have some kind of nucleus and not just a bunch of parts trying to be a team.

Saul is responsible for our point guard issue, he admitted that and finding a point guard was recruiting priority #1 and #2 this year. How he fills that position will go a long way in my book in determining just how good of a recruiter and coach he really is.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                        Sorry for pointing out facts that don't agree with what you are saying, but I guess that means I'm just being an ass again.

We've had our own problems when it comes to men's basketball, I don't think it's appropriate for us to be mocking the Bison considering we haven't beaten them in FIVE years.

I agree with this.

Mango: I get really confused because I'm never sure if you're a Bison fan. Isn't there another Mango somewhere too? Maybe a Mingo? I think I might have just confused myself
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          So where did you guy finish in the confrence standings? Your braggin about beating us head to head is the most important stat is starting to make NDSU fans sound like USD fans. Sorry for the insult, but really thats all USD can ever brag about if they beat us. We are more into finishing hire and advancing in the tourny. remember that one year you got out of the first round? I dont see that changing anytime soon.
                          The most important stat and only stat that really matters is winning the conference. I don't think SDSU isn't really any closer than NDSU in that area. We need a point guard and you guys need to get tougher defensively and in the paint.

The only reason I brought up head to head is because people here were ripping into Saul. Head to head is the fastest way to end that debate quickly since people here don't give Saul any credit for winning a conference title.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                            I agree with this.

Mango: I get really confused because I'm never sure if you're a Bison fan. Isn't there another Mango somewhere too? Maybe a Mingo? I think I might have just confused myself
                            100% SDSU fan, went to school there. My dad went to school there, my sister went to school there. I spent several very cold Saturdays body painted in the student section.

There's a ming on Bisonville, maybe that's why you are confused?

Comment

Not that anyone thought otherwise, but I thought I'd provide this.

Pretty questionable source, not quite message board rumor material, but when asked about all of the rumors, Nate's official Twitter (@NateWolters) reads

"haha no im staying in sd man.."

Not sure if that is good enough for Bison fans.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                                Not that anyone thought otherwise, but I thought I'd provide this.

Pretty questionable source, not quite message board rumor material, but when asked about all of the rumors, Nate's official Twitter (@NateWolters) reads

"haha no im staying in sd man.."

Not sure if that is good enough for Bison fans.
                                didn't you know Lakes hacked his account to fool you guys..........i mean come on you have to do better than that to prove it!!!

BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Working...
                                X