Bison fans are great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bison fans are great

In '09-'10 they go 11-18 and finish 6th in the Summit and get bounced in the first round of the Summit Tourney.

In '10-'11 they go 14-15 and finish 7th in the Summit and get bounced in the first round of the Summit Tourney and they think they are ready to break out.

I mean come on they lost to Southern Utah and they were 1 of Western Illinois' 2 conference wins. The other was Centenary and Centenary's only win on the season was against WIU.

Oh did I mention their leading scorer on a team that couldn't really score has graduated - He had 150 more points on the season then the next closest Bison.

Now that all of Miles guys are gone Saul will start feeling the heat even more. How many more losing seasons will the Bison faithful put up with before they show Saul Phillips the door?

They are trying to replace the dump that they play in and you really don't want to go into a new building with a bad coach and worse team now do you?

Keep drinking the green and yellow Kool-Aid up there in Fargo and remember the good old days when you had a coach who could recruit and you finished above 500%.

Re: Bison fans are great

Thanks for your interest in Bison bball! And yes, I do have some interest in Jacks bball too

Comment

Remember when we lost to SMSU and finished 7th in the Summit League? Remember that we struggled through the transition years? Remember that we haven't beaten the Bison in 5 years and the last time we did, we needed football players to do it?

I know we've gotten better the last couple of years but people who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
        In '09-'10 they go 11-18 and finish 6th in the Summit and get bounced in the first round of the Summit Tourney.

In '10-'11 they go 14-15 and finish 7th in the Summit and get bounced in the first round of the Summit Tourney and they think they are ready to break out.

I mean come on they lost to Southern Utah and they were 1 of Western Illinois' 2 conference wins. The other was Centenary and Centenary's only win on the season was against WIU.

Oh did I mention their leading scorer on a team that couldn't really score has graduated - He had 150 more points on the season then the next closest Bison.

Now that all of Miles guys are gone Saul will start feeling the heat even more. How many more losing seasons will the Bison faithful put up with before they show Saul Phillips the door?

They are trying to replace the dump that they play in and you really don't want to go into a new building with a bad coach and worse team now do you?

Keep drinking the green and yellow Kool-Aid up there in Fargo and remember the good old days when you had a coach who could recruit and you finished above 500%.
        Saul is a bad coach? I'd be careful...the guy you are tearing down does have Summit League title and has never lost to your squad. Your very own coach said that a bunch of freshmen wearing green and gold is a big reason why you got dismantled in Fargo. Not bad for a guy that can't recruit.

Say what you want but I'll bet on Saul taking the team back the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
          Remember when we lost to SMSU and finished 7th in the Summit League? Remember that we struggled through the transition years? Remember that we haven't beaten the Bison in 5 years and the last time we did, we needed football players to do it?

I know we've gotten better the last couple of years but people who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
          We weren't big talkers during that time. That would be the difference.

Oh and by the way this is the smack section.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
            Saul is a bad coach? I'd be careful...the guy you are tearing down does have Summit League title and has never lost to your squad. Your very own coach said that a bunch of freshmen wearing green and gold is a big reason why you got dismantled in Fargo. Not bad for a guy that can't recruit.

Say what you want but I'll bet on Saul taking the team back the NCAA tournament.
            Yup Saul did great with Miles' players. Too bad for you that Tim is now at Colorado State and the last of his recruits have graduated, I hear the Rams are doing better and better while the Bison keep slipping lower and lower in the Summit League standing each year.

Remember only the top 8 get to play in the Summit League Tournament, and you did lose to SUU and WIU last season, I'm sure the three of you will be locked in another epic struggle for those last few spots again this coming season.

Only thing worse then one and done, like you have done the last few years, is not going to Sioux Falls in the first place.
            Last edited by LakeJack; 03-23-2011, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Not going to comment here. Too dangerous, these guys do not forget and they are close by.

Comment

We weren't big talkers during that time. That would be the difference.

Oh and by the way this is the smack section.
                Sorry for pointing out facts that don't agree with what you are saying, but I guess that means I'm just being an ass again.

We've had our own problems when it comes to men's basketball, I don't think it's appropriate for us to be mocking the Bison considering we haven't beaten them in FIVE years.

Comment

Sorry for pointing out facts that don't agree with what you are saying, but I guess that means I'm just being an ass again.

We've had our own problems when it comes to men's basketball, I don't think it's appropriate for us to be mocking the Bison considering we haven't beaten them in FIVE years.
                  Smack thread or not, I totally agree!!!

Comment

Since we needed football players to beat NDSU on the basketball court for the last victory do we need basketball players on the football field to reclaim the Dakota Marker this year?
                    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I'm not sure he was mocking the success of their team, as much as some of their fans who think that their team/coach/incoming recruits are much, much more successful/talented than they actually are.
                      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Yup Saul did great with Miles' players. Too bad for you that Tim is now at Colorado State and the last of his recruits have graduated, I hear the Rams are doing better and better while the Bison keep slipping lower and lower in the Summit League standing each year.

Remember only the top 8 get to play in the Summit League Tournament, and you did lose to SUU and WIU last season, I'm sure the three of you will be locked in another epic struggle for those last few spots again this coming season.

Only thing worse then one and done, like you have done the last few years, is not going to Sioux Falls in the first place.
                        Saul is owning Nagy with his and Miles recruits, what does that say about your coach? The man is in a rebuilding effort and Nagy has had some of his best and most experienced teams and yet he has done nothing to shut us Bison fans up.

There is only two ways to shut us up, beat us or accomplish something of significance. Saul has accomplishments and he is 8-0 vs your squad. If Nagy was 8-0 vs NDSU the last thing I'd be doing is blasting his coaching and recruiting abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                          Saul is owning Nagy with his and Miles recruits, what does that say about your coach? The man is in a rebuilding effort and Nagy has had some of his best and most experienced teams and yet he has done nothing to shut us Bison fans up.

There is only two ways to shut us up, beat us or accomplish something of significance. Saul has accomplishments and he is 8-0 vs your squad. If Nagy was 8-0 vs NDSU the last thing I'd be doing is blasting his coaching and recruiting abilities.
                          So you are saying that you are happy with a coach who hasn't had a winning season since Woody left Fargo?
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                            So you are saying that you are happy with a coach who hasn't had a winning season since Woody left Fargo?
                            2009-2010: 11-18
                            2010-2011: 14-15

I'm content with progress, Saul was left with just Tveidt when those guys graduated(nobody else had any real experience). I'll be unhappy when the team stops making strides forward, when your team loses its entire core at this level it is hard to expect instant success.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                              I'm not sure he was mocking the success of their team, as much as some of their fans who think that their team/coach/incoming recruits are much, much more successful/talented than they actually are.
                              Yup, you got it.

Comment

Working...
                              X