Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU Pep Band

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
    This sums up EXACTLY what we don't have compared to the rest of the band and cheerleaders. Especially ORU and Oakland. I hope our band and cheer team was taking notes...but alas, I believe I may have typed the same thing last year.
    IMO, THE PRIDE and the pep bands are resting on past lorals(sp?). It's time to step it up a couple of notches, you've had quite a few years now to figure it out. And if it's that you don't care and are forced to be there, then stay home, the sound system in Frost kicks ass if you want it too.

Sorry for the rant...I hear year after the year stories of how much a pain in the ass the pride and the pep band are and this subject trips my trigger every time.

Go Jacks!!
    They should do more crazy, fun stuff.I viewed pictures on the Purdue board, where they had about five Tuba players facing outward in a circle at the half court line , leaning backwards ,like doing the limbo, bellering out something musical....stuff like this creates energy and heightens the fun aspect of the game experience....IMO
    link:
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-13-2011, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Looks like we need to start a fund for some new shirts for the pep band. I would be a willing contributor.
      I'm in and will contribute to new shirts.
      We...ARE...STATE!
      SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks View Post
        I'm in and will contribute to new shirts.
        They usually change or get new shirts every few years. Before they had a blue and yellow striped shirt similar to a rugby shirt.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          I want to begin this post by saying it is not meant to demean the music department or the current director - he does an excellent job with the Pride. And I think the problems with the Pride were reduced significantly with the change in power a couple of years ago. That being said,would it be possible to put a younger staff person,or even a grad assistant type in charge of the pep band ? If you looked at the directors of the other bands at the tourney,they looked like they were in the 30-40 age group. Maybe having a younger director would bring a more modern,more enthusiastic attitude to the group as a whole. Even at our local high school,the band director allows the student drum majors to take turns directing the pep band.
          What were the problems with the pride before and how where they changed with the new director? Just curious.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            They should do more crazy, fun stuff.I viewed pictures on the Purdue board, where they had about five Tuba players facing outward in a circle at the half court line , leaning backwards ,like doing the limbo, bellering out something musical....stuff like this creates energy and heightens the fun aspect of the game experience....IMO
            link:
            That picture was taken before the game. The tuba section comes down to center court and plays its part of the school song. They march around before dipping at the end. The band for both the mens and womens basketball games really gets into it the entire time. They make the atmosphere. Here is a video of the tub version of Hail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBoBTZxaotQ

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Who might Eric be?

http://www.sdstate.edu/mus/staff/eric-peterson.cfm

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                What were the problems with the pride before and how where they changed with the new director? Just curious.
                The former long-time director had a "my way or the highway" type attitude when working with the athletic dept. I think this has changed for the better recently.

Comment

Working...
                X