Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD 2011 Schedule

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
    A bit of thread drift but I thought that this was funny.

http://www.volanteonline.com/sports/...ally-1.2477939

Not quite, but nice try.
    And the article also stated they played a guaranteed game against Florida last year.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      And the article also stated they played a guaranteed game against Florida last year.
      Hand to forehead.

Lazy and sloppy, but certainly not unprecedented in The Volante or most other college newspapers.

Maybe Wichita State's intramural flag football champs will come to the Dome for our open date....
      University of South Dakota:
      Oldest university of the Dakotas; Home of S.D.'s only accredited law, medical and business schools; S.D.'s designated liberal arts institution; National scholars galore; Alma mater of 10 S.D. governors, 20 members of Congress, all sitting S.D. Supreme Ct. justices and 1/2 of all S.D. physicians; Warmer than Brookings; Where JackMD received his advanced degree!

Comment

I missed that Florida game. That's cool that the Yotes got to play against Tim Tebow. I am sure they are better people for having spent that time on the field with him.*

Sloppy, sloppy journalism. Honestly, stuff like this embarasses the University.

*I realize Mr. Tebow was no longer at Florida last season but it goes along witht he theme of a mistake filled story.
        Last edited by Yote53; 02-23-2011, 01:41 PM.

Comment

That is pretty bad, but I haven't truly enjoyed the Volante since Billy Yost graduated and stopped writing the humor column.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
          X