Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Recruiting List

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Tom Peitz from Crofton, the 3rd from his family to play for the Jackrabbits, also did very well. Note that his name is spelled wrong in the article associated with the first link, same author for both. Peitz and Pietz are often confused, even within 1 day for some.

http://www.yankton.net/articles/2012...b057142616.txt

http://www.yankton.net/articles/2012...2174381110.txt
    Yeah, and there are some of both in the area

Comment

A late addition.. per Terry's tweet...

"SDSU has a late football addition: Kevin Klocek, a 6-4, 215 LB. Led Rochester juco in tackles. All-region, all-league, all-academic."
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Kevin is #55 from Ellendale MN. http://www.rctc.edu/athletics/html/f...10-roster.html

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
          A late addition.. per Terry's tweet...

"SDSU has a late football addition: Kevin Klocek, a 6-4, 215 LB. Led Rochester juco in tackles. All-region, all-league, all-academic."
          Rochester has been the dominant team in Minnesota in recent years,so he should have a good foundation.

Comment

Some video of Kevin Klocek....

Comment

SDSU Recruit Nick Mears from Milbank had a great All-Star game this week in Aberdeen.

Attached are two Articles from Aberdeen American News:

“He’s a manchild. That was amazing,”

http://www.aberdeennews.com/sports/a...,1233568.story

Mears named MVP

http://www.aberdeennews.com/sports/a...,0,15887.story

Mr. Mears is projected to play defensive back

Comment

I saw him against Madison last year... Manchild is a pretty accurate term... so is "one-man wrecking crew".
                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by g_mandakota View Post
                  SDSU Recruit Nick Mears from Milbank had a great All-Star game this week in Aberdeen.

Attached are two Articles from Aberdeen American News:

“He’s a manchild. That was amazing,”

http://www.aberdeennews.com/sports/a...,1233568.story

Mears named MVP

http://www.aberdeennews.com/sports/a...,0,15887.story

Mr. Mears is projected to play defensive back
                  I was at the game and Mears was bouncing off tacklers left and right. He looked pretty good, very athletic.

Comment

I happened to run into Ty Soulek's mother yesterday and asked her about Ty and his decision to attend UNI on a FB scholarship. She said Ty wanted to go to SDSU but he was never offered. She said there was a lot more interest from Ty in state that vice versa. Luke Meadows was the main one involved in his recruitment and she had the impression that he was not interested. UNI certainly was and they felt he is good enough and has the potential to excel on the O-line. They are looking forward to seeing him compete against the Jackrabbits. Might regret letting an in state kid with a lot of potential sign on with UNI when an offer would have put him in a Jackrabbit uniform.
                    Per sources close to the family Ty Soulek will be in Brookings this week. Sounds like he has had a change of heart and is looking to be released from his letter of intent at UNI to walk-on at SDSU. I think he would be a great addition but I am biased.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

That's good news, MD. I wonder how UNI will handle the request, particularly when he's looking at another MVFC school.

Comment

Per sources close to the family Ty Soulek will be in Brookings this week. Sounds like he has had a change of heart and is looking to be released from his letter of intent at UNI to walk-on at SDSU. I think he would be a great addition but I am biased.
                        My ASSUMPTION is that he's getting a partial scholarship to UNI and because of it, he's not really giving up much to go to SDSU. Does SD and Iowa have reciprocity? I hope it works out for him and for SDSU.
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                          My ASSUMPTION is that he's getting a partial scholarship to UNI and because of it, he's not really giving up much to go to SDSU. Does SD and Iowa have reciprocity? I hope it works out for him and for SDSU.
                          For what its worth, I'm just relaying info from a family friend. I don't know what numbers Stig has in camp now and if there is a need for or room for Ty on the team, roster. I don't know the rules that govern fall camp. I know you can only have so many guys at practice. Not sure if the rules change once the season starts or not. Interested in hearing more.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

For what its worth, I'm just relaying info from a family friend. I don't know what numbers Stig has in camp now and if there is a need for or room for Ty on the team, roster. I don't know the rules that govern fall camp. I know you can only have so many guys at practice. Not sure if the rules change once the season starts or not. Interested in hearing more.
                            Seems like there are always guys who decide that football is time eater and leave to pursue academics or for other reasons. One position would be open since Mason Witterboer left. Some others might have as well. I dont know the rules either, but it seems reasonable, that a school should be able to find replacements for those who leave the program. If Stig invited him to come than I think they are okay with the numbers. I would not be surprised in the departure of Meadows, Soulek fell through the cracks.

Comment

Working...
                            X