Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You can take the kid out of Wisconsin, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You can take the kid out of Wisconsin, but...

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    famous last words before 95% of people go into the ditch in Wisconsin, "hold my beer and watch this"
    Thats on my unlces headstone.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by mgbison View Post
      I have a question for Jackrabbit fans? If TOB got a MIP last month, what are the odds that TV would make a headline out of it?
      Are you saying he would or wouldn't? Confused on the point.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        Are you saying he would or wouldn't? Confused on the point.
        I think he was asking.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by mgbison View Post
          I have a question for Jackrabbit fans? If TOB got a MIP last month, what are the odds that TV would make a headline out of it?
          With TOB and all the controversy/story lines that have revolved around him the last few seasons and going into next season, I think TV would write a story about it or at least a blog entry.

It wouldn't really matter though.

Everyone in Brookings would know about it as soon as its printed in the Brookings Register when he goes to court. I don't know what that section of the paper is called, but if you get anything more than a speeding ticket its printed in the Brookings Register. People scour that information religiously (I know from experience). Once its printed in the Register, everybody in Brookings would know about it. Once everybody in Brookings knows about it, it would take about a week for everybody in the state to hear about it.

That's my take.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Really I don't care what the coaches mentality is college kids are going to drink. There will be the few that don't, but honestly they are going to do what they are going to do once they get to partys. We just make a huge deal about our rivals to the north because they are exactly that, our rivals (and we are a pretty tame bunch on this board IMHO). I mean Stig is one of the most adamant people I've ever met against underage drinking of his athletes, but we still have guys get minors. Remember yourself in college, if you were an athlete would you have abstained from alcohol when you were underage, honestly? I doubt that many people really really could have done that 100% of the time. They still are college kids, and I know they have more responsibilities being college athletes, but they have a ton of responsibilities just with weight lifting, practicing, and doing well in school, they need a place to relax and have a good time with friends sometime, some just get caught.
            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...|text|Sports|p

Some people simply shouldn't drink. I don't care if it is our athletes, our rival's athletes or USF athletes.

I know some look down on Stig's hard line stance on alcohol (which I strongly support myself.) Does that make us prudes? In some people's opinions - yes.

But my mother used to ask me - "Tell me the best thing that you've seen come from consuming alcohol and becoming intoxicated?" She was the daughter of an alcoholic and I carry those genes in my DNA (That after several years during and after college I imbibed alcohol). But I now have 4 young kids and I'll encourage them to abstain, but if they must experiment - do so responsibly. (Sorry - I don't mean to preach.)

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                But my mother used to ask me - "Tell me the best thing that you've seen come from consuming alcohol and becoming intoxicated?"
                I somehow gain the magical ability to speak to females

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  I somehow gain the magical ability to speak to females
                  So what.. your saying your an engineer?

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                    So what.. you're saying you're an engineer?
                    Fixed.

English major

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                      Fixed.

English major
                      You missed fixing the ellipsis . . . which should arguably have been a question mark to be completely correct.

/engineering major . . .

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        You missed fixing the ellipsis . . . which should arguably have been a question mark to be completely correct.

/engineering major . . .

I'm glad you caught that too...

Comment

Working...
                        X