New member application is closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member application is closed

I have turned off new member application. We were being swamped with spammer membership applications to the point where it was impacting performance of the board.

People wishing to have a user id should e-mail sdsufans @ sdsufans (dot) com (put the address together to look like a real e-mail address) with the following info:

1: Preferred user id
    2: Second choice, if your preferred user id is already in use
    3: Preferred password

Needless to say, you need to use a working e-mail address.

Sorry for the inconvenience to everyone, but the spammers were just getting out of hand.

-filbert

Re: New member application is closed

Originally posted by adminhare View Post
    I have turned off new member application. We were being swamped with spammer membership applications to the point where it was impacting performance of the board.

People wishing to have a user id should e-mail sdsufans @ sdsufans (dot) com (put the address together to look like a real e-mail address) with the following info:

1: Preferred user id
    2: Second choice, if your preferred user id is already in use
    3: Preferred password

Needless to say, you need to use a working e-mail address.

Sorry for the inconvenience to everyone, but the spammers were just getting out of hand.

-filbert
    I thought so.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It was just yesterday I noticed the "active users" was approaching 500. I noted that seemed high, when just a short while ago we were at 250 active users, and there certainly hasn't been THAT many new members contributing to the forum.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
        It was just yesterday I noticed the "active users" was approaching 500. I noted that seemed high, when just a short while ago we were at 250 active users, and there certainly hasn't been THAT many new members contributing to the forum.
        Thats what I noticed, stinks the mods have to go through all that crud for the rest of us.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I put in a hack to add a question to the registration process and opened applications back up. We'll see how it goes . . .

-filbert

Comment

I see in the stats that we are under 300 again for active members. Spammers must be desperate for business.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
            X