Sewer Vents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sewer Vents

We've had enough snow now that I felt it was necessary to venture to my roof and see how my sewer and attic vents were doing.

Let me tell you something...I'm glad I went up there.

While my sewer vents were open, the snow was a good 4" ABOVE the pipe, and my pipes stick out above the shingles a good 15 inches.

That means the snow on my roof was a good 18" deep. My attic vents were completely covered and not venting at all.

I spent a good hour and a half up there clearing all my vents and pushing it off the edge of the roof.

I hope everyone at SDSUfans can take the time ASAP to check how their vents are doing, and if you're not able to yourself hire someone to check and clear it off for you. Your roof and your families safety is well worth the time/money spent.

/end public service announcement.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Re: Sewer Vents

When I saw this thread title I thought it would be about a Yote fan spouting off about something. Carry on.

Comment

If you're just concerned about the sewer vents alone (in my case, the whirlybird attic vents are above the snow and operating), rather than risk a slide off the roof, make sure your basement floor drain has water in it. If the "trap" has water, any sewer gasses won't get past it...it's not under pressure.

My expertise? I've heard and read the above advice many times and I recently stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        My expertise? I've heard and read the above advice many times and I recently stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.
        That would certainly make you an expert!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
          That would certainly make you an expert!
          Don't wanna be an expert... an (ex) is a has-been... a (spurt) is a drip under pressure...

Comment

Working...
          X