Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New to the Warren

Originally posted by FeistyRedheadAZ View Post
    I would be happy to! What would you like to know?
    What exactly does the title of this thread mean... maybe i'm dense, but I don't get the Warren reference. Can someone enlighten me?

Comment

From Dictionary.com:

war·ren

   /ˈwɔrən, ˈwɒr-/ Show Spelled[wawr-uhn, wor-] Show IPA
      –noun 1. a place where rabbits breed or abound.
      An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
      US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
        I don't know if the mis-spelling of education was intentional or not, but it gave me a good chuckle anyways

J-02 - you win the prize!

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          J-02 - you win the prize!
          Even the most able wordsmiths are error prone on rare occasions.

When was the last time you made a spelling mistake NoVaJack? My guess it was in the fifth grade.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
            Care to elaborate more on your son, he looks like a very good prospect.

Not sure what you wanted, but I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are getting a great athlete! [ nope, no bias here ]
            He runs track and is a state champ in the 4x100 relay [42.3 school record], placed 4th in the triple jump and ranked top 10 in the 200.

His football accolades are almost too many to count, but he made all state, all region, all city, and if coach allows, he was selected to play in the AZ all star game in July. AZ Republic and East Valley Tribune named him to their all state teams as well as a few school awards. He is a school record holder in interceptions, and he did that Sophomore year[2008]

He eats like food will be outlawed tomorrow [my regular grocery store is in mourning as we speak], he still watches scooby doo, and he is a rabid Cowboys Fan. [don't know where I went wrong with that boy]

I look forward to meeting you guys when we come up to get him settled, but I will be a hot weepy mess and in dire need of a beer [or three]

Comment

Working...
            X