Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011 NDSU Schedule

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
    They are marking off the days to tailgate in the nice September weather, I can tell you that. That is the big draw for the early games, tailgating wasn't quite the same for the Bob Morris game with a foot of snow on the ground.

Get enough alcohol in you and you could have snowball fights, build a snowman, make snow forts or snow angels. Gotta use your imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
      Well whatever, i don't understand why we get flack over scheduling Lower FCS teams, when MANY of our peers in the Valley schedule NAIA, DIII and DII schools, us having LU and SF on the schedule is no different that Iowa putting UNI and say Ball St on theirs, still DI just not as good
      SDSU would do the same thing if they had the $$$$
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        Hmmm... your average attendance was actually down in a year in which you had both USD AND SDSU at home, plus a playoff game, so I wouldn't be that cavalier about fanbase. You got barely 12,000 to a home playoff game against Bob Morris; that, to me, is more of a measure of interest in the Layfayettes and Saint Francises of the football world.

So what you are saying is you would rather beat up on a couple of bad FCS teams that your fan base has no connection to rather than taking on the Big Dogs of the division. That no doubt will make an easier road to the playoffs easier, but you sacrifice any leftover D-II swagger along the way...
        Can just imagine Bison fans marking off the days to Saint Francis AND Lafayette.
        I, for one, am proud the Jacks took a shot at Delaware this year even if it might have made more sense to ride in on marshmallows.
        Well considering we won 2 playoff games one against Montana St the Big Sky Champion, and took the National Champion to OT at their place with their All American RB, I think we played with the Big Dogs.....you guys certainly didn't so your argument holds no water.

And to the playoff attendance of 12,000 do some research on the weekend and what the other schools had, there would have been 4,000 in brookings for a game on the same weekend
        BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
          Well considering we won 2 playoff games one against Montana St the Big Sky Champion, and took the National Champion to OT at their place with their All American RB, I think we played with the Big Dogs.....you guys certainly didn't so your argument holds no water.

And to the playoff attendance of 12,000 do some research on the weekend and what the other schools had, there would have been 4,000 in brookings for a game on the same weekend

Based on what? We drew that at a meaningless game against UND in the snow and cold the same weekend you guys were shut out at Missouri State.
          You open with a couple of obscure marshmallows; so be it. If your fans are satisfied eating outdoors and watching football indoors in September, bully for them. You've proven that a couple of pushovers on top of a .500 conference finish and an admittedly impressive win over Kansas can get you to the playoffs. I've already said it may be a strategy worth emulating. But hold the swagger. You weren't THAT good,

Comment

I can't really get too mad about the Bison's scheduling. The goal for both teams is to make the FCS playoffs and then worry about winning when you get there. If you show the NCAA the cash, you get a first round home game.

Good for the Bison that they scheduled those teams and got them to come to Fargo. I believe that you should have a FBS money game, a competitive game against an FCS team, and a very winnable game. We had the winnable game in 2010 (UND) and the competitive game ended up being the #2 team in the country (Delaware).

I don't really care who SDSU plays, as long as they are FBS or FCS and I want as many home games as possible.

Comment

Our scheduling has been a FBS, midlevel FCS and a cupcake FCS. We can't help it if Georgia Southern and Montana State bought out the home games. Gene has done a good job of replacing them teams with FCS teams. If you come up to the NDSU games (novajack), you;ll understand that people tailgate and its a big deal. Its important to have the home games in the fall to get the people out tailgating.

Say what you want about our team this year, but we have 18 starters returning. Looking at NDSU and SDSU's history in football, I like the direction NDSU is going.

Btw, MSU should just drop down to non-schollie football. I feel bad for their fans and players with the schedule they have coming up in 2011

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                Hmmm... your average attendance was actually down in a year in which you had both USD AND SDSU at home, plus a playoff game, so I wouldn't be that cavalier about fanbase. You got barely 12,000 to a home playoff game against Bob Morris; that, to me, is more of a measure of interest in the Layfayettes and Saint Francises of the football world.

So what you are saying is you would rather beat up on a couple of bad FCS teams that your fan base has no connection to rather than taking on the Big Dogs of the division. That no doubt will make an easier road to the playoffs easier, but you sacrifice any leftover D-II swagger along the way...
                Can just imagine Bison fans marking off the days to Saint Francis AND Lafayette.
                I, for one, am proud the Jacks took a shot at Delaware this year even if it might have made more sense to ride in on marshmallows.
                Our regular season attendance was down you are correct. But that has more to do with the 3-8 season prior. Playoff game was down, yes. But everybody struggles during Thanksgiving. App State only drew 13000. That's about half their usual.

Don't worry, when NDSU hosts the 2nd round game next year, it will be a full house.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Vicks Dead PitBulls View Post
                  Our regular season attendance was down you are correct. But that has more to do with the 3-8 season prior. Playoff game was down, yes. But everybody struggles during Thanksgiving. App State only drew 13000. That's about half their usual.

Don't worry, when NDSU hosts the 2nd round game next year, it will be a full house.
                  App State had a bye, I think you mean Georgia Southern.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                    App State had a bye, I think you mean Georgia Southern.
                    Oops, I forgot App State's first game was the 2nd round. That makes it even more puzzling. Either way, playoff attendance is a curious thing to figure out.

Comment

Here is the playoff attendance(it isn't pretty)...

Cumulative Totals (through semifinal games)

1. Delaware - 32,736(3 games)
                      2. Appalachian State - 29,028(2 games)
                      3. Eastern Washington - 14,325(3 games)
                      4. Montana State - 14,277
                      5. North Dakota State - 12,202
                      6. Wofford - 11,823
                      7. Jacksonville State - 11,817
                      8. Georgia Southern - 10,214
                      9. William & Mary - 8,243
                      10. Northern Iowa - 5,990
                      11. Bethune-Cookman - 5,738
                      12. Stephen F. Austin - 4,938
                      13. Coastal Carolina - 4,556

Average attendance for home games

Appalachian State - 14,514
                      Montana State- 14,277
                      North Dakota State - 12,202
                      Wofford - 11,823
                      Jacksonville State - 11,817
                      Delaware - 10,912
                      Georgia Southern - 10,214
                      William & Mary - 8,243
                      Northern Iowa - 5,990
                      Bethune-Cookman - 5,738
                      Stephen F. Austin - 4,938
                      Eastern Washington - 4,775
                      Coastal Carolina - 4,556

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                        Here is the playoff attendance(it isn't pretty)...

Cumulative Totals (through semifinal games)

1. Delaware - 32,736(3 games)
                        2. Appalachian State - 29,028(2 games)
                        3. Eastern Washington - 14,325(3 games)
                        4. Montana State - 14,277
                        5. North Dakota State - 12,202
                        6. Wofford - 11,823
                        7. Jacksonville State - 11,817
                        8. Georgia Southern - 10,214
                        9. William & Mary - 8,243
                        10. Northern Iowa - 5,990
                        11. Bethune-Cookman - 5,738
                        12. Stephen F. Austin - 4,938
                        13. Coastal Carolina - 4,556

Average attendance for home games

Appalachian State - 14,514
                        Montana State- 14,277
                        North Dakota State - 12,202
                        Wofford - 11,823
                        Jacksonville State - 11,817
                        Delaware - 10,912
                        Georgia Southern - 10,214
                        William & Mary - 8,243
                        Northern Iowa - 5,990
                        Bethune-Cookman - 5,738
                        Stephen F. Austin - 4,938
                        Eastern Washington - 4,775
                        Coastal Carolina - 4,556

You win a national championship and you average 4800 for your two playoff games?? Damn, that's weak.
                        I wonder how many EWU fans made the trip to Frisco....10????

Go Jacks!!
                        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Working...
                        X