Whining about Refs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whining about Refs.

Matt Zimmer, Argus Leader Sports writer wrote (IMO) a good blog about his view on people who whine about refs.

It is a big long, but a good read.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...Id=personaDest

Re: Whining about Refs.

I read that this morning as well.

Fantastic read and I agree with everything he said.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Zim and TV both do a great job and the Argus is lucky to have them. I'm sure Mick does a nice job too, I just never read his articles.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Matt Zimmer, Argus Leader Sports writer wrote (IMO) a good blog about his view on people who whine about refs.

It is a big long, but a good read.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...Id=personaDest
        I was hoping it was going to be about NDSU fans.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          I was hoping it was going to be about NDSU fans.
          When I saw the title, I thought it might include a reference to ORU's coaches outburst.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            When I saw the title, I thought it might include a reference to ORU's coaches outburst.
            That was my thought too. Among SDSU fans, the one phrase that crabs my arse, is the comment. WHY DON'T YOU CALL IT AT BOTH ENDS? It gets tiring especially when a good call was made.

I dont think dollars could ever get me to put on the stripes and whistle. Would most of us have the phyical ability to always be in position to make a call? These guys except for baseball have to be in great shape to keep up and make the right calls.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              That was my thought too. Among SDSU fans, the one phrase that crabs my arse, is the comment. WHY DON'T YOU CALL IT AT BOTH ENDS? It gets tiring especially when a good call was made.

I dont think dollars could ever get me to put on the stripes and whistle. Would most of us have the phyical ability to always be in position to make a call? These guys except for baseball have to be in great shape to keep up and make the right calls.
              What's fun about most of the people yelling that type of stuff is that it is painfully obvious they have no idea what they are talking about. I get as frustrated by the officiating as anybody. IMHO the officiating in our league is horrible for the most part. Its a shame that the kids are out there busting their butts and have to put up with it. It feels like the best you can hope for is that the officiating is equally poor for both teams.

That being said, I sure don't want the job! Talk about a no-win position. Having to see everything that goes on in real time at the same level as the players is tough. From my excellent viewpoint a few rows up it sure seems easy for me to see when they screw up. Obviously I look through blue glasses as well.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                What's fun about most of the people yelling that type of stuff is that it is painfully obvious they have no idea what they are talking about. I get as frustrated by the officiating as anybody. IMHO the officiating in our league is horrible for the most part. Its a shame that the kids are out there busting their butts and have to put up with it. It feels like the best you can hope for is that the officiating is equally poor for both teams.

That being said, I sure don't want the job! Talk about a no-win position. Having to see everything that goes on in real time at the same level as the players is tough. From my excellent viewpoint a few rows up it sure seems easy for me to see when they screw up. Obviously I look through blue glasses as well.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                I've been on all 3 sides. I whined too much as a players, I complain too much as a fan and I made a lot of bad calls as an umpire and official.

I don't play much anymore and when I do I am as polite as can be. I don't officiate or umpire anymore because there are way better officials and umpires than me.

I am still a fan and I still yell at the officials and umpires too much. I'm trying to get better though. It doesn't help when they do as miserable a job as I perceive them to be doing. Maybe I'm looking at things incorrectly?
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  I am still a fan and I still yell at the officials and umpires too much. I'm trying to get better though. It doesn't help when they do as miserable a job as I perceive them to be doing. Maybe I'm looking at things incorrectly?
                  I find myself yelling less at the officials during games that I don't care which team wins. Yes, those same games I still see some bad calls, but I never think those judgement calls ultimately affect the outcome.

Comment

Working...
                  X