Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members/Spammers

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    The first page statistics terminology is "active users" which is a combination of Members and Guests who are viewing the board at that time.

Goon had used the words "active members" when that's actually the "active users" number he was looking at. Ideally, we have no members who are spammers. Once in a while a spammer gets through but not often.

Lately, there's been a lots of spammers attempting to get through for some reason.
    well, the stats info says active members so I assumed that meant active members, not just users. I guess Its a little more confusing then I thought. Anways I am impressed there is not much spam ever. Its nice to have a place to not have to put up with that crud. Personally the mods run a pretty good ship here and are fair in judgement IMO, but I am sure a few mav and usd fans would think otherwise. Mods keep up the good work.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      well, the stats info says active members so I assumed that meant active members, not just users. I guess Its a little more confusing then I thought. Anways I am impressed there is not much spam ever. Its nice to have a place to not have to put up with that crud. Personally the mods run a pretty good ship here and are fair in judgement IMO, but I am sure a few mav and usd fans would think otherwise. Mods keep up the good work.
      You're right...I was mistaken when I said you were looking at the active users number. I didn't pay attention to the "active members" total near the bottom of the stats. I checked the software's manual and member is defined but I did not find a definition for "active member". (I didn't try to do an exhaustive search.) A "member" is a registered user on the board. I assume an "active member" is a registered user who has been "active" either by posting or at least signing on within a certain period of time (e.g. past month?).

The board has lots of registered users ("members") who aren't very active. Although I suspect many members and regularly read the board but don't sign on or don't post so they may not be listed in the category of "active members".

Comment

Member Prairiehaas send a PM, notifying the moderators he had received a spam message through the PM system, from "Imantapodotop". We do not have a Member named Imantapodotop. Somehow a spammer has figured out how to PM members of this board. I, too, received the same message and I was one of five addressees to receive that message. Prairiehaas received the same message text but it was sent separately to him and others.

I recommend those receiving such messages just delete without replying.

The moderators will look into how a non-member sent a PM and methods for stopping that from happening in the future.

JackJD

Comment

Originally posted by adminhare View Post
          Member Prairiehaas send a PM, notifying the moderators he had received a spam message through the PM system, from "Imantapodotop". We do not have a Member named Imantapodotop. Somehow a spammer has figured out how to PM members of this board. I, too, received the same message and I was one of five addressees to receive that message. Prairiehaas received the same message text but it was sent separately to him and others.

I recommend those receiving such messages just delete without replying.

The moderators will look into how a non-member sent a PM and methods for stopping that from happening in the future.

JackJD
          I also recieved a message from the same named person above as well. I thought maybe it was an intelligent poster though as he ended his private message with GO 'YOTES. (just kidding)

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
            What about my name?
            Oh my God. This is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to easy, so I'll refrain.

happy New Year

Comment

Working...
            X