IMPORTANT: ACCOUNTS HACKED Gawker/Gizmodo/Deadspin/io9/lifehacker/etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPORTANT: ACCOUNTS HACKED Gawker/Gizmodo/Deadspin/io9/lifehacker/etc

The Gawker family of web sites have had their user database hacked.

If you have an account on any of them, you may have issues. If you re-use any combination of user id, e-mail address, and password, your life just got a little bit more irritatingly complex.

If you had an account on:
    Gawker
    Deadspin
    Kotaku
    Jezebel
    io9
    Jalopnik
    Gizmodo
    Lifehacker

Then you might have a problem.

Slate.com has a widget to check to see if your account is among the hacked. Link here.

For me personally--so far--somebody's tried (unsuccessfully) to hack into my Amazon and Google accounts, and I'm sure others are on the way.

So, give yourself a Christmas present. Change all your passwords. Make sure you've got a combination of upper- and lower-case letters, and throw a couple of numbers in there, too. At some point, some enterprising hacker will I'm sure work their way down the list here to SDSUfans.com.

Merry Christmas!
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: IMPORTANT: ACCOUNTS HACKED Gawker/Gizmodo/Deadspin/io9/lifehacker/etc

4chan. Bunch of dicks.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Re: IMPORTANT: ACCOUNTS HACKED Gawker/Gizmodo/Deadspin/io9/lifehacker/etc

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      The Gawker family of web sites have had their user database hacked.

If you have an account on any of them, you may have issues. If you re-use any combination of user id, e-mail address, and password, your life just got a little bit more irritatingly complex.

If you had an account on:
      Gawker
      Deadspin
      Kotaku
      Jezebel
      io9
      Jalopnik
      Gizmodo
      Lifehacker

Then you might have a problem.

Slate.com has a widget to check to see if your account is among the hacked. Link here.

For me personally--so far--somebody's tried (unsuccessfully) to hack into my Amazon and Google accounts, and I'm sure others are on the way.

So, give yourself a Christmas present. Change all your passwords. Make sure you've got a combination of upper- and lower-case letters, and throw a couple of numbers in there, too. At some point, some enterprising hacker will I'm sure work their way down the list here to SDSUfans.com.

Merry Christmas!

Accounts have tried to been hacked over at Bisonville.

Comment

Working...
      X