Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU Bohl possible Ball State!

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    Of course someone (like yourself) would use this thread as an example. I don't really need some sarcastic remark from some 70 year old dude. Go ring your bell some place else. I was just stating that I feel people want to close threads all the time.
    That "70 year old dude" is the reason many student athletes are able to attend SDSU. I would hope there was some sarcasm in your post, but I don't see it. The anonymity of a message board makes it easy for everyone to make whatever statement they want. He makes his, you make yours, but really, didn't see this statement as being needed to make your point. I for one know and appreciate who Jacks#1Fan is and am one of many who know that his screen name is as close to a fact as anyone on the board.

State your opinions all you want, but leave some of the personal stuff out of it.
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
      That "70 year old dude" is the reason many student athletes are able to attend SDSU. I would hope there was some sarcasm in your post, but I don't see it. The anonymity of a message board makes it easy for everyone to make whatever statement they want. He makes his, you make yours, but really, didn't see this statement as being needed to make your point. I for one know and appreciate who Jacks#1Fan is and am one of many who know that his screen name is as close to a fact as anyone on the board.

State your opinions all you want, but leave some of the personal stuff out of it.
      Several amens to this post, Rep points awarded. Some negs coming too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Several amens to this post, Rep points awarded. Some negs coming too.
        I'll 2nd that!

Comment

Of course someone (like yourself) would use this thread as an example. I don't really need some sarcastic remark from some 70 year old dude. Go ring your bell some place else.
          Wow, uncool.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post

Understandable and I know that he does a lot for SDSU. Probably took it too far, but it doesn't give him the right to throw some sarcastic remark towards me either. I don't feel bad for what I wrote..at all. It had nothing to do with what this person does for SDSU. I was just wondering why people always want to close threads? But all I got back was a sarcastic remark. End of story. I'll stop posting on this.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I don't feel bad for what I wrote..at all.
              That is because you are young and don't know anything yet, grow up.

Comment

Understandable and I know that he does a lot for SDSU. Probably took it too far, but it doesn't give him the right to throw some sarcastic remark towards me either. I don't feel bad for what I wrote..at all. It had nothing to do with what this person does for SDSU. I was just wondering why people always want to close threads? But all I got back was a sarcastic remark. End of story. I'll stop posting on this.
                Welcome to Teh Internets, Grasshopper . . .

The thicker the skin you develop, the happier you'll be on the net. My skin, personally, isn't nearly thick enough yet, but I keep working on it . . .

Traditionally, somewhere upthread is where I or one of the other moderators would have reminded people in general to address posts, not posters, but since it's Christmas Eve-Eve, and even moderators get to have lives every once in a while, let's just leave it at Merry Christmas to you, yours, and to everybody who posts or just reads the stuff here . . .
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  Welcome to Teh Internets, Grasshopper . . .

The thicker the skin you develop, the happier you'll be on the net. My skin, personally, isn't nearly thick enough yet, but I keep working on it . . .

Traditionally, somewhere upthread is where I or one of the other moderators would have reminded people in general to address posts, not posters, but since it's Christmas Eve-Eve, and even moderators get to have lives every once in a while, let's just leave it at Merry Christmas to you, yours, and to everybody who posts or just reads the stuff here . . .

I actually felt like I was the one WITH the thick skin. O well. I figured you'd be checking in and wanted to see what you had to say.

Merry Christmas to you as well. Maybe an early Christmas present with a respectable showing tonight by the Jacks. I'll definitely be watching.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I actually felt like I was the one WITH the thick skin. O well. I figured you'd be checking in and wanted to see what you had to say.

Merry Christmas to you as well. Maybe an early Christmas present with a respectable showing tonight by the Jacks. I'll definitely be watching.
                    I agree with your point, but maybe not how you said it, I had a rant going on about leather helmets just for the fun of it, many could not handle that, got crabby about it, If Filbert or a mod says shut it or ill shut it for you, I will listen, otherwise talking on a thread about certain topics I think is just fine. If they dont want to read a thread becuase they think it should be closed is fine, but to mention it to people who still have something to post I think is wrong. Thread drift happens all the time, I don't see people always going back to the topic because they enjoy the direction its going or have comments to make about it. A msg to filbert about maybe closing a thread and letting him or the mods to make the decision about killin or keeping it open.

Example, IF AJ maybe could be a potential coach at a new school, and is in the running, doesnt get it, does the thread close the first minute he doesnt take or get the job? My guess it goes on for a bit.

To the topic at hand. If bohl would have had a better year last year, would he have been a hotter coach to have or what it he is to up and down to be considered for other big coaching jobs? I think it would have something to do with his pull for other schools looking for him and his desire to move or lack there of.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                      That is because you are young and don't know anything yet, grow up.
                      honestly it doesn't take much the upset the apple cart around here. To assume what some one does or does not know is a long stretch to say about a person. Maybe he did not handle it like others would have, but I think he has a point to be made. It seems the old guys like to stick together around here and you go against the grain and its rather obvious, but most are here to support and keep up with all things SDSU.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

** notes in passing that after my snarky "whale of a thread" snark, did not close thread **

** finding subsequent discussion interesting and perhaps helpful both for participants and maybe lurkers and onlookers as well **
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          ** notes in passing that after my snarky "whale of a thread" snark, did not close thread **

** finding subsequent discussion interesting and perhaps helpful both for participants and maybe lurkers and onlookers as well **
                          I think our snark detectors need some fine tuning.

Comment

Since this thread is still open (?)...yeh, I know that sounds sarcastic, so let me briefly respond to SDSUAlum08 before (and if) this thing gets locked up! Sorry, I'm late, but have been out of town and out of touch with the board. I don't care what age any of you are, young or old, but my point is, that I personally check out threads that have new posts, to see what I can learn about the subject of the thread. It did seem to me that when Ball State filled the position, this thread could have expired. I could pass up looking at it, but am always open to the thought that the situation could have changed. So simply put, I always wish when a thread goes way off track, that a new thread would be started instead. I know that's just my preference...not a rule for any of you. In closing, Happy New Year to SDSUAlum08, and all the rest of the SDSUFans posters.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                              Since this thread is still open (?)...yeh, I know that sounds sarcastic, so let me briefly respond to SDSUAlum08 before (and if) this thing gets locked up! Sorry, I'm late, but have been out of town and out of touch with the board. I don't care what age any of you are, young or old, but my point is, that I personally check out threads that have new posts, to see what I can learn about the subject of the thread. It did seem to me that when Ball State filled the position, this thread could have expired. I could pass up looking at it, but am always open to the thought that the situation could have changed. So simply put, I always wish when a thread goes way off track, that a new thread would be started instead. I know that's just my preference...not a rule for any of you. In closing, Happy New Year to SDSUAlum08, and all the rest of the SDSUFans posters.
                              Happy New Year to Jack#1Fan, I really think you are the #1 fan. You have set me straight on a few issues and that is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post

Nicely put. Happy New Years to you as well.

And obviously I've agreed with your posts because "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Jacks#1Fan again"

Comment

Working...
                                X