Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU Bohl possible Ball State!

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
    I think Bohl might drop the whale talk, on one of the last coaches shows this year he said somebody he knows told him he was going to strangle himself if he heard Bohl say "whale of a game" one more time.
    That would truly be a whale of an accomplishment.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      And SDSUFans.com flies the flags at half-staff for the passing of a whale of a meme . . .
      This makes the meme even better.

He stopped doing it because he realized how ridiculous it is.

We need to remind him of how dumb it was. Forever.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
        Plus his house and new wife. I think he is happy with his 200,000K yr job in Fargo, plus he gets a Conference and National Title he surpasses 300,000k.I know its not what the FBS schools pay but he will be alot farther from his home state of NE in Eastern Indiana. Now if someone in the plains or Iowa, MS, KS, etc offer he will think alot more

Not really. Only about 200 miles further away. You folks in Fargo forget how far away you are.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          That would truly be a whale of an accomplishment.

Are there any team whale mascots? Mods: Not smack, just a question...

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
            Are there any team whale mascots? Mods: Not smack, just a question...
            It appears so:

The University of Alaska Southeast Humpback Whales

http://www.smargon.net/nicknames/#H

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              Not really. Only about 200 miles further away. You folks in Fargo forget how far away you are.

Well that 200 miles translates into possibly 6+ more hours due to city traffic, but I guess I forgot you have to travel thru the Metropolis's of Watertown, Brookings and Sioux Falls to get there from Fargo
              BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

With careful planning you can time your trip to miss the majority of rush hour traffic in at least 2 of those 3 metro areas
                An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                  Well that 200 miles translates into possibly 6+ more hours due to city traffic, but I guess I forgot you have to travel thru the Metropolis's of Watertown, Brookings and Sioux Falls to get there from Fargo
                  Don't forget that depending on the way he goes to NE he may have to pass by that palace on the prairie called the Dakotadome, what an outstanding landmark and modern marvel that is to behold. Or he has to go through the largest city in Northwest Iowa called Sioux City. What a town to behold. My kids asked on our last trip to Yankton when we were going to be in Sioux City and my wife told them " You'll nose."

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                    Don't forget that depending on the way he goes to NE he may have to pass by that palace on the prairie called the Dakotadome, what an outstanding landmark and modern marvel that is to behold. Or he has to go through the largest city in Northwest Iowa called Sioux City. What a town to behold. My kids asked on our last trip to Yankton when we were going to be in Sioux City and my wife told them " You'll nose."
                    Ahh yes the aromias of SC past and present, and future?

Comment

Let's put this thread to bed. Ball State hired Pete Lembo (previously from FCS Elon University).

http://ballstatesports.com/SportSele...33&SPSID=67657

Comment

Ball State recently renovated their staduim. I have no idea how many seats they added but here is a link to the photos showing the construction>

http://ballstatesports.com/PhotoAlbu...00&PALBID=6686

It takes a while to load.

There attendence has not been flashy. 5500 for first two home games other games averaged about 10,000

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                          Let's put this thread to bed. Ball State hired Pete Lembo (previously from FCS Elon University).

http://ballstatesports.com/SportSele...33&SPSID=67657

And I'm not just picking on BTown...but I've always wondered why people like to close threads so much? Who cares and let people discuss what they want.

Just my take on it I guess.
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                            And I'm not just picking on BTown...but I've always wondered why people like to close threads so much? Who cares and let people discuss what they want.

Just my take on it I guess.
                            Not picking on Btown either, but gosh, you're right, we should continue this thread about Bohl being a possible choice for the football coaching job at Ball State. Makes sense (?) to me.

Comment

You gotta admit, it's been a whale of a thread . . .

(Yeah, I couldn't resist . . .)
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                                Not picking on Btown either, but gosh, you're right, we should continue this thread about Bohl being a possible choice for the football coaching job at Ball State. Makes sense (?) to me.

Of course someone (like yourself) would use this thread as an example. I don't really need some sarcastic remark from some 70 year old dude. Go ring your bell some place else. I was just stating that I feel people want to close threads all the time.

I would understand this for three reasons:
                                1. To keep the thread levels down so there isn't so much clutter,
                                2. For Filbert to keep a better eye on what's going on around here &/or
                                3. We're discussing something that shouldn't be on here.

I just feel that you may cut people off sometimes and decrease the amount of people that follow the board. Would this be a big #? Probably not. But if there's nothing to talk about then the threads will take care of themselves.

I wasn't trying to make a big deal about it but after getting some sarcastic remark from you, I figured I better write a full out explanation so you can comprehend what I'm trying to get across. Obviously its needed.
                                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                                X