WIU
    Il St

NDSU
    SDSU
    USD
    UNI
    MSU

would be an interesting breakdown.
    wonder how that would work... play the other 4 in your division every year, and then 4 of the 5 in the other division? Or would they go with a 7-game schedule (3 of the 5 out of the other division) to give more OOC flexibility? Would kind of be nice to have 4 OOC games to work with for UNI (2 FBS money games, buying a home game with someone, and 1 slot left to work in quality home-and-home series)

Though it would definitely be odd to have seasons where the Panthers and Salukis don't face off.
    Here is an idea of what my happen that is being kicked around on fcsfans.com. I kinda like this myself, the two divisions, play everyone in your division and then 3 from the other division, so we could possibly renew things like Cal Poly and Mcneese.
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Re: USD to MVFC

I'm guessing there will be some sort of west/east conference alignment. Maybe WIU, UNI, SDSU, USD, NDSU west with YSU, ISUr, ISUb, SIU, MSU east. Play your 4 division teams every year for 2 home/away and then play 4 of the 5 in the other division every year for another 2 home/away games.

Comment

I admit to being an old school, ardent Coyote 'hater' (it's a strong word, I know - I caution my children in the use of it.)

I would like to join the ranks of other Jackrabbit fans in welcoming the Coyotes to the MVFC and look forward to them honoring their committment to the Summit. It's a great move for the Yotes, their programs and their fans - the State of South Dakota for that matter.

Let the games begin!! (Without the Sue, I might add!!!!)

Go Big! Go Blue!! Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Here's the official release on USD's website: LINK

Comment

Link to Argus.
            http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ATES/101104029

I think a poster from Tea will like the photo.
            Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerHOF View Post
              Link to Argus.
              http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ATES/101104029

I think a poster from Tea will like the photo.

Good Ol' 7-Ball. I'm guessing he made that one-handed, shirt tackle.

Go Jacks!!
              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                I wonder how well UND is liking this. I am sure they are not impressed.
                Don't worry, they have hockey.

Comment

Here is an interesting piece of negotiations. I wonder how this is really going to work out down the road. Doesn't seem likely they can adhere to letting ISU only traveling to 1 of the 3 Dakota schools each year without manipulating the rest of the schedule.

http://tribstar.com/breakingnews/x10...a-to-join-MVFC

Comment

This set up would work good. Limit the YSU/In St/SIU interaction with the Dakota schools. MO ST/UNI/WIU fill the roll of the substituted school going the shorter distance.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                      Here is an interesting piece of negotiations. I wonder how this is really going to work out down the road. Doesn't seem likely they can adhere to letting ISU only traveling to 1 of the 3 Dakota schools each year without manipulating the rest of the schedule.

http://tribstar.com/breakingnews/x10...a-to-join-MVFC
                      At first glance, I think it will take 18 years to do a complete rotation of the schedule. What are the odds that the conference will remain unchanged for that long. Just setup the schedule so that the 2-Dakota trip games for SIU and ISUb are 15+ years out, and you're set.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                        At first glance, I think it will take 18 years to do a complete rotation of the schedule. What are the odds that the conference will remain unchanged for that long. Just setup the schedule so that the 2-Dakota trip games for SIU and ISUb are 15+ years out, and you're set.
                        After more thought, how can you adhere to letting just ISU do this and not let the other schools that have to fly to the Dakotas do the same?

Seems like this was discussed and verbally agreed to by Patty but I can't see it coming to fruition.

Comment

Looks like UND might have jumped the gun at bit. It looks like they rushed things a bit. A Summit League offer, I believe, was basically a done deal. All the Summit League wanted to do was their formal process of offering. I'm sure a MVFC invite would have followed shortly there after since Cal Poly and UC Davis were headed to the Big Sky for football and likely SUU to follow shortly there after (as was seen last week). Now they are in a conference with no real rivalries (No. Colo if you want to count that from the NCC days) and no real close conference games. Plus they have the Montana schools possibility of leaving in the near future hanging over that conference. Instead, they go ahead and cancel the Summit League visit and jump at the first offer they got without thinking thinking and seeing how things played out. They look like the oddball of the bunch in the Big Sky instead of forming the new backbone of the Summit League. Poor decision by them.

Comment

The comments today said that this happened mostly because the conference found out USD was not married to UND on a move. An 11 team league does not work, but a 10 team league does. The heck with UND! I think this is a great move for the casual fan in South Dakota, and great for USD and SDSU.

Comment

There has been so much that has happened and transpired the last 2 days, it almost gives one a headache how this all went down.

To begin with, at the press conference today, the commissioner addressed the 10 team rotating football schedule. Basically, you would not play one of the the teams from the MVFC and would alter the teams. However, the league intends to protect the "rivalry" games. So that would tell me that USD will play SDSU and NDSU and probably UNI every year, and the teams out the furthest would be the ones to take turns being dropped from their schedules. So teams like Youngstown, SIU, and the likes would be dropped from your scehdule once every 4-5 years, and we would play each other every year. Makes sense. Protects the rivalry and eliminates the most travel expense.

As of Monday night, USD was thinking they were going to the BSC. Patty was reading the press releases and clippings on Monday afternoon, and came to the realization that USD/UND were "not tethered". Since UND annouced on Monday they were going BCS, that in essence made USD a "free agent". Had the commisioner of the BCS had a Monday deadline, USD would be in the BCS now instead of the MVFC/Summit. Patty contacted AD sayler on Tuesday early AM and asked if the door was open to an invite yet. President Abbott instructed AD Sayler that the MVFC had until 5 pm Tuesday to have a letter in his hands indicating that all 9 presidents of the MVFC were behind a USD invitation. That letter came in at 4:50.

Then what happened was to do "due diligence" one more time now knowing we had an offer from both leagues. President Abbott alluded to the fact he thought it was very important that USD have rivalry games almost immediately because he wants to fill seats and build a new arena. His assessment is that it would be easier to have packed houses playing basketball against SDSU, NDSU, and the likes as opposed to Portland State, Weber State, and Northern Arizona.

Whether this last hour deal was one huge game of Texas Hold'em or it was just plain lucky how the chips fell when they did, it no longer matters. South Dakota commits to the MVFC and begins the fall of 2012. I don't think USD ever "verbally" commited to the Big Sky, nor UND. In the end, everyone gets what they want, and that is a football league and a stated league for all sports other than football.

Right or wrong, we are now with you. Thanks for the words on us being with you. I think everyone is sincere in those thoughts. I look forward to the renewed rivalry, and HEALTHY bantering. It is now our job to make sure this renewed rivalry will be one we are all proud of.

Good luck Saturday Jacks

YFE

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                                There has been so much that has happened and transpired the last 2 days, it almost gives one a headache how this all went down.

To begin with, at the press conference today, the commissioner addressed the 10 team rotating football schedule. Basically, you would not play one of the the teams from the MVFC and would alter the teams. However, the league intends to protect the "rivalry" games. So that would tell me that USD will play SDSU and NDSU and probably UNI every year, and the teams out the furthest would be the ones to take turns being dropped from their schedules. So teams like Youngstown, SIU, and the likes would be dropped from your scehdule once every 4-5 years, and we would play each other every year. Makes sense. Protects the rivalry and eliminates the most travel expense.

As of Monday night, USD was thinking they were going to the BSC. Patty was reading the press releases and clippings on Monday afternoon, and came to the realization that USD/UND were "not tethered". Since UND annouced on Monday they were going BCS, that in essence made USD a "free agent". Had the commisioner of the BCS had a Monday deadline, USD would be in the BCS now instead of the MVFC/Summit. Patty contacted AD sayler on Tuesday early AM and asked if the door was open to an invite yet. President Abbott instructed AD Sayler that the MVFC had until 5 pm Tuesday to have a letter in his hands indicating that all 9 presidents of the MVFC were behind a USD invitation. That letter came in at 4:50.

Then what happened was to do "due diligence" one more time now knowing we had an offer from both leagues. President Abbott alluded to the fact he thought it was very important that USD have rivalry games almost immediately because he wants to fill seats and build a new arena. His assessment is that it would be easier to have packed houses playing basketball against SDSU, NDSU, and the likes as opposed to Portland State, Weber State, and Northern Arizona.

Whether this last hour deal was one huge game of Texas Hold'em or it was just plain lucky how the chips fell when they did, it no longer matters. South Dakota commits to the MVFC and begins the fall of 2012. I don't think USD ever "verbally" commited to the Big Sky, nor UND. In the end, everyone gets what they want, and that is a football league and a stated league for all sports other than football.

Right or wrong, we are now with you. Thanks for the words on us being with you. I think everyone is sincere in those thoughts. I look forward to the renewed rivalry, and HEALTHY bantering. It is now our job to make sure this renewed rivalry will be one we are all proud of.

Good luck Saturday Jacks

YFE
                                ++++

An absolutely spot on post and very sincere. Great post YFE!
                                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                                X