Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU Coed Cheer

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
    The USD Volante has an article about the USD Dance team earning 10th place at the national competition. Reading the fine print and you will see USD placed 10th in their specific division which only had 12 teams competing. A little USD marketing spin on that one. You could also write the headline as USD finishes 3rd to last at national competition.

http://www.volanteonline.com/sports/...vent-1.2540687
    I'd type more if I wasn't on my iPod in class but that's an awful post.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
      The USD Volante has an article about the USD Dance team earning 10th place at the national competition. Reading the fine print and you will see USD placed 10th in their specific division which only had 12 teams competing. A little USD marketing spin on that one. You could also write the headline as USD finishes 3rd to last at national competition.

http://www.volanteonline.com/sports/...vent-1.2540687
      3rd to last seems more fitting for USD. then I thought only 12 teams? does not seem like a lot, but I have no idea how cheer stuff works. I think those cheer competions are silly.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        Awful article by the USD paper or awful post by el_presidente?
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          It is an awful headline. The reason I was on the volante website is a friend of mine who is a graduate from USD was bragging on facebook about USD being the 10th best cheerleading team in the country. Lots of people only read headlines.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
            Awful article by the USD paper or awful post by el_presidente?
            I meant his post, but reading back over it I'm not sure what made me think that. I disagree that it's "marketing spin" but I do agree that the headline is pretty terrible.

Apologies to presidente. I'll blame it on my iPod or something
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

No problem :-). The "marketing spin" comment was incorrect on my part. The spin comment should have been reserved for my friend who was promoting the article on facebook. His fanfare got my blood pressure up after I read the article. haha.

Comment

I wish the ppl that post in this thread could differentiate between cheerleading and dance team... It's not really a dance team thread, but I digress..

Comment

Working...
                X