• Show
Clear All

Re: D1 Pendulum Swinging Hard From Blue to Red

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
      Idiot?
      1. A foolish or stupid person.
      2. A person of profound mental retardation having a mental age below three years and generally being unable to learn connected speech or guard against common dangers. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

Sorry if I offend. I believe intelligent people find it presumptuous to assume that a down year for the Jacks FB team while USD has a single win early in the season against a FBS team as "The DI pendulum swinging hard." I'm not even sure what the "DI pendulum" is.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Idiot?
        If you have read any prior posts I have made before September of this year, you will notice I gave your team and coaches kudos for what they accomplished. I thought it was a great storyline.

The reason I made the cupcake comment was because one of your posters referred to our opponent as a "cupcake" (which it was) but said in a demeaning way.

Until last week, I have for the most part praised how SDSU has handled the transition. It was the total bashing USD got after our win over Minnesota that came to realize the contempt many have for USD, and if that's gonna be the case, then I'll go to our side and cheer against SDSU and have contempt for them like you do us.

Makes sense doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          1. A foolish or stupid person.
          2. A person of profound mental retardation having a mental age below three years and generally being unable to learn connected speech or guard against common dangers. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

Sorry if I offend. I believe intelligent people find it presumptuous to assume that a down year for the Jacks FB team while USD has a single win early in the season against a FBS team as "The DI pendulum swinging hard." I'm not even sure what the "DI pendulum" is.
          Was the use of the word "idiot" directed towards me?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            I will for one not ever criticize our players. Even if the score is 120 to zip Huskers. I guess you did not read my one post in the game thread.

Not referring to you Nidaros. I believe you are the kind of fan all schools would like to have. If you thought the reference was to you, I apologize. That was not the intent.

My neighbor says alot of plaers and coaches were "called out" during the game, many times in an offensive way. If you say it didn't happen, then ok. But if it did, and he said it did, then that's wrong.

before you read to much into it, I am trying to protect your student athletes. I've had (2) siblings play college sports and get exposed to the ridiculous comments made by so-called fans.

Comment

Definitely no need to call out the players. Booing may be one thing (not that I think that it should be done at the high school or college levels), but saying a player should never play again is another. Most of us have no idea what these guys go through. Go ahead and criticize and be critical all you want but no one deserves to be called out like that.

Comment

Not referring to you Nidaros. I believe you are the kind of fan all schools would like to have. If you thought the reference was to you, I apologize. That was not the intent.

My neighbor says alot of plaers and coaches were "called out" during the game, many times in an offensive way. If you say it didn't happen, then ok. But if it did, and he said it did, then that's wrong.

before you read to much into it, I am trying to protect your student athletes. I've had (2) siblings play college sports and get exposed to the ridiculous comments made by so-called fans.
                I perfectly understand. I did not hear any booing from the student section, but apparently, Terry V did. It was one of his questions to Kyle Minnett in the video interview after the game. Kyle kind of brushed it off and denied hearing anything. In the one post I did make, I mentioned that our guys are probably reliving the game over and over and wishing they had done this instead that.

On Friday night the SDSU athletic department and Larson Manufacturing sponsored an endowment banquet. If you start an endowment like I have and have contributed over $10k, this fund is in place for ever and each year a student athlete receives an award of tuition costs from these named endowments. The SA receives usually $500 to 1000 bucks but can be much more if the endowment is 300k or more. At this banquet, you are seated with the athlete who received your award. You get to met this person one on one and its a great thrill. SDSU has done this only three years in a row, but all three that have received my stipents from my endowment have turned out to be class people. And like you have said most of us really dont realize all the effort that they put into the athletics until you sit down and talk to them. They sure do not deserve any bad mouthing or booing. Hopefully most of our guys stay away from this board.

Agreed some fans just dont get it, especially when we are not winning.

Comment

yotefornever, you beat the Detroit Lions of the Big 10... big whoop... your delusions of grandeur makes me wonder if you need to take up residence at the state looney bin in Yankton.
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I perfectly understand. I did not hear any booing from the student section, but apparently, Terry V did. It was one of his questions to Kyle Minnett in the video interview after the game. Kyle kind of brushed it off and denied hearing anything. In the one post I did make, I mentioned that our guys are probably reliving the game over and over and wishing they had done this instead that.

On Friday night the SDSU athletic department and Larson Manufacturing sponsored an endowment banquet. If you start an endowment like I have and have contributed over $10k, this fund is in place for ever and each year a student athlete receives an award of tuition costs from these named endowments. The SA receives usually $500 to 1000 bucks but can be much more if the endowment is 300k or more. At this banquet, you are seated with the athlete who received your award. You get to met this person one on one and its a great thrill. SDSU has done this only three years in a row, but all three that have received my stipents from my endowment have turned out to be class people. And like you have said most of us really dont realize all the effort that they put into the athletics until you sit down and talk to them. They sure do not deserve any bad mouthing or booing. Hopefully most of our guys stay away from this board.

Agreed some fans just dont get it, especially when we are not winning.
                    Agreed. Obviously not every single fan is going to meet and or/know most players personally, but I have been able to do that to a degree with several of the players on this years team and a few of the coaches as well, and there is no way, no way, I could boo and harass them the way I've heard other people so far this year.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Some of you guy's thoughts just don't make any sense. If players or recruits put any thougths into message board banter FBS schools would no way be able to get the players they get. The big schools are calling out and bailing on their respected teams after being down 17-0 in the 1st quarter. Think Virginia Tech, they seemed to field pretty good teams year in and year out, and they have some pretty crazy fans on their message boards. So to say what I and others say on a message board effects players and recruits is ridiculous IMO. Also, to say that myself and others aren't "true fans," sorry if I have an opinion on players and the team. This is a message board by the way, in no way in what is said on here effects game preparation. I've stuck with the Jacks and will always be a Jacks fan even if we go 0-11, but I'm gonna state my opinion be it negative or positive, because it's a message board. I understand players put a ton of effort into preparations, but just because I and others call out a certain reciever doesn't make me some poser fan. Some thoughts in this thread I find extremely old fashioned, Division II and "Dakotan".

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                        yotefornever, you beat the Detroit Lions of the Big 10... big whoop... your delusions of grandeur makes me wonder if you need to take up residence at the state looney bin in Yankton.
                        This may be one of the dumbest posts I've read on this board. Congrats.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever View Post
                          Some of you guy's thoughts just don't make any sense. If players or recruits put any thougths into message board banter FBS schools would no way be able to get the players they get. The big schools are calling out and bailing on their respected teams after being down 17-0 in the 1st quarter. Think Virginia Tech, they seemed to field pretty good teams year in and year out, and they have some pretty crazy fans on their message boards. So to say what I and others say on a message board effects players and recruits is ridiculous IMO. Also, to say that myself and others aren't "true fans," sorry if I have an opinion on players and the team. This is a message board by the way, in no way in what is said on here effects game preparation. I've stuck with the Jacks and will always be a Jacks fan even if we go 0-11, but I'm gonna state my opinion be it negative or positive, because it's a message board. I understand players put a ton of effort into preparations, but just because I and others call out a certain reciever doesn't make me some poser fan. Some thoughts in this thread I find extremely old fashioned, Division II and "Dakotan".
                          Calling one out on a computer with ficticious name is one thing. Call one out in a bar in Brookings this winter and everyone with you can watch you get your a$$ kicked.

Try it

Comment

I haven't smacked the SDSU message board for months but with the way so many SDSU fans snub their nose at virtually everything makes it way too difficult to not smack it up a bit at times like these. Many fans of both SDSU and NDSU thumb their noses at D2 despite their roots being so wrapped around the D2 game. D2 and the NCC is what gave these new programs to D1 the foundation to do the things like what NDSU and USD did to Minnesota on their home field.

I find that the lesser amount of respect that is given to the opponents (even if they are considered inferior) the more that the upsets come full circle and the more they hurt when it happens to those that show such little respect. Minnesota fans were treating the Coyotes like a glorified high school team, wondering whether Minnesota would win by 35 or 56. They totally discounted that USD came from the exact same place that both NDSU and SDSU came from before going D1. Considering the shape of the Minnesota's football program I don't think their fans really have a moral right to look down on anyone.

I see a clear difference between a good number of Jacks fans and a good number of Coyotes fans.

I see Jacks fans as wanting to completely forget about their roots in D2. I look at compacency in many situations including totally blowing off USD as a non factor to the highest pedastals of college athletics in the region. I look at SDSU fans as those that believe that just because they are D1 that everything is a completely different game all together. They don't respect D2 teams, don't think D2's could truley compete with them anymore because of their magical "D1" Status. Not all Jacks fans, just more of them than what is probably good for the program.

I look at USD fans very comfortable in their own skin. Realising that being in D1 is a priviledge and looked upon as a priviledge and not a "Right". I look at USD fans as respectfull of all levels and definately not forgetfull of where they came from. As a Coyote fan I didn't look at Northwest Oklahoma State as an inferior opponents but one that could come in and give USD real trouble if they weren't ready. Whether true or not, whether NWOS was worthy is beyound the point.

I think a chosen kind of attitude can translate onto the field. How could SDSU possibly lose to Wisconsin-LaCrosse? Maybe it's because they didn't take them seriously but also maybe because Wisconsin-LaCrosse was much closer to their level then many Jack's fans wanted to give them credit for.

At the game on Saturday I saw a USD team that took NWOS every bit as seriously as they should take a fellow D1 FCS opponent. I did not see the Yotes overlooking them, I did not see a sense of compacency and I certainly didn't see USD not respecting their place in College Athletics where they currently reside. I senced it from the team and from the fans.

Did SDSU fans feel the same way against LaCrosse? Did SDSU fans think that simply being "D1" was going to be enough alone to win the game. Did they stand on their feet and cheer every play against LaCrosse or even against Illinios State on Saturday. I wasn't there so I can't say but I will say that USD fans are truley appreciative of the state of the football program.

I respect all opponents that USD plays. USD respects all their opponents as well and maybe that explains why Meierkort doesn't suffer losses to teams that USD should be favored over. Maybe because USD takes the attitute that their opponent is worthy.

I am a Gopher fan from days past but maybe the U or M, SDSU and NDSU fans shouldn't be so quick to blow off the legitimacy of those who they are playing.

So next time USD is playing SDSU will the Jacks win the game because "they went D1 first". Do SDSU fans go to the UNC message boards and thank the UNC athletic department for the vision they showed in going to D1. Do SDSU fans thank NDSU for showing at least a much if not more vision than SDSU in moving up. Ask yourself that question. Did you thank UNC for leading the way to D1 because they went first. Ask yourself another question, do you expect USD fans to thank SDSU for moving to D1 first. The point is that in anything that you do you will naturally be a follower or a leader by chance.

If you had respected your opponents like you should you wouldn't suffer what many would consider shocking upsets, and it also isn't such a shock that USD as an athletic department has already caught SDSU in the major sports. The longer you live in denial the more the losses will sting and the less the wins will come with true satisfaction. Like I said before not all SDSU fans can be grouped like this, just a trend that I have noticed.
                            Last edited by Coyote_Fan; 09-19-2010, 03:37 PM.
                            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                              I haven't smacked the SDSU message board for months but with the way so many SDSU fans snub their nose at virtually everything makes it way too difficult to not smack it up a bit at times like these. Many fans of both SDSU and NDSU thumb their noses at D2 despite their roots being so wrapped around the D2 game. D2 and the NCC is what gave these new programs to D1 the foundation to do the things like what NDSU and USD did to Minnesota on their home field.

I find that the lesser amount of respect that is given to the opponents (even if they are considered inferior) the more that the upsets come full circle and the more they hurt when it happens to those that show such little respect. Minnesota fans were treating the Coyotes like a glorified high school team, wondering whether Minnesota would win by 35 or 56. They totally discounted that USD came from the exact same place that both NDSU and SDSU came from before going D1. Considering the shape of the Minnesota's football program I don't think their fans really have a moral right to look down on anyone.

I see a clear difference between a good number of Jacks fans and a good number of Coyotes fans.

I see Jacks fans as wanting to completely forget about their roots in D2. I look at compacency in many situations including totally blowing off USD as a non factor to the highest pedastals of college athletics in the region. I look at SDSU fans as those that believe that just because they are D1 that everything is a completely different game all together. They don't respect D2 teams, don't think D2's could truley compete with them anymore because of their magical "D1" Status. Not all Jacks fans, just more of them than what is probably good for the program.

I look at USD fans very comfortable in their own skin. Realising that being in D1 is a priviledge and looked upon as a priviledge and not a "Right". I look at USD fans as respectfull of all levels and definately not forgetfull of where they came from. As a Coyote fan I didn't look at Northwest Oklahoma State as an inferior opponents but one that could come in and give USD real trouble if they weren't ready. Whether true or not, whether NWOS was worthy is beyound the point.

I think that kind of attitude can translate onto the field. How could SDSU possibly lose to Wisconsin-LaCrosse? Maybe it's because they didn't take them seriously but also maybe because Wisconsin-LaCrosse was much closer to their level then many Jack's fans wanted to give them credit for.

At the game on Saturday I saw a USD team that took NWOS every bit as seriously as they should take a fellow D1 FCS opponents. I did not see the Yotes overlooking them, I did not see a sense of compacency and I certainly didn't see USD not respecting the place in College Athletics where they currently reside. I senced it from the team and from the fans.

Did SDSU fans feel the same way against LaCrosse. Did they stand on their feet and cheer every play against LaCrosse or even against Illinios State on Saturday. I wasn't there so I can't say but I will say that USD fans are truley appreciate of the state of the football program.

I respect all opponents that USD play. USD respects all their opponents as well and maybe that explains why Meierkort doesn't suffer losses to teams that USD should be favored over. Maybe because USD takes the attitute that their opponent is worthy.

I am a Gopher fan from days past but maybe the U or M, SDSU and NDSU fans shouldn't be so quick to blow off the legitimacy of those who they are playing.
                              And your point is?????????????? Me thinks CF is a rambling wreck from Georgia Tech.

Comment

And your point is?????????????? Me thinks CF is a rambling wreck from Georgia Tech.
                                Point proven. Ignore the facts and come up with some kind of incoherant babble. Take nothing seriously only to be surprised when things don't turn up exactly how the blue and yellow glasses say they should turn out.
                                How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Working...
                                X