• Show
Clear All

Re: D1 Pendulum Swinging Hard From Blue to Red

Don't feed the trolls.
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
      Well what else needs to be said. USD now owns the distinction of being ahead of SDSU in both mens basketball and football, right NOW let alone where SDSU was at the beginning of their third year. For Jacks fans to even suggest that USD isn't on the same level or doesn't have the fortitude to go D1 is ridiculous. USD is every bit the part and just gaining steam game by game.

In football the Jacks and Yotes are going the opposite direction so fast that it is rather shocking. The examples are now plentifull and obvious but even the most hardcore Rabbit supporters and anti Yote people have to admit that USD is coming and isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

The football hangover after halftime in Montana is still alive and well. Now the Jacks are losing at home to bottom tier Missouri Valley clubs and barely competitive against ranked FCS opponents. I think not showing up to Lincoln next week might be a wise decision. It's gonna get ugly.

Lets see where have USD and SDSU come from. Year 3, Jacks lose at home to D3's, USD winning on the road at Big Ten School. I find that interesting. For those that want to downplay the Gophers win, well I am sure not many are going to mistake Illinios State for Minnesota.

In mens basketball USD finished ahead in the final RPI, nearly went undefeated in their conference and got a post season tourney invitation. By the sounds there is optimism with the new recruits in Vermillion to take the court in T3, AKA transition year 3. SDSU on the otherhand was slightly improved but lost virtually on their home court in the conference tourney to a lower ranked team.

It's getting more and more difficult for those that thought USD was a joke ever even thinking of going to D1.

USD is here! get ready to watch the pendulum swing even further toward red, "little brother".

These are easily refutable talking points that you might be eating in two weeks. Heck, you might be eating them in Fargo on Saturday. We've beaten NDSU three in a row. You haven't beaten them since Joe Salem

There is only one irrefutable fact in all this:

SDSU went first, had success first, did so with confidence despite the challenge, and did so with an awful lot of sideline second-guessing from elsewhere in the state.

All the momentary crowing about pendulums will never, ever change that. You'll always be second.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
        Don't feed the trolls.
        Exactly. Take the jabs and roll with it. When you wrestle with a coyotee you're going to get dirty. Go Bison beat the yotees!!
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Don't feed the trolls.
          I'm sure you didn't really mean to insult the trolls.

Don't feed the pondscum.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
            I'll give you an answer to that, because USD has a resemblance of a basketball program program and mens basketball is the driving force after football. Since the Summit does not have football they need a South Dakota school with a good basketball program.
            I guess all those wins against NJIT and the DAC schools impress you but no one else. By the way CF, I read the Argus story on your big game yesterday in that hole you call a stadium. Looks like you had 8,700 in attendance. Considering the crowd inflation the U is known for that would make around 6,000 actual people in attendance. Nice support you have there. Now I can see why you needed a waiver. Good luck next week when you play in front of 19,000 rabid Bison fans.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
              Good luck next week when you play in front of 19,000 rabid Bison fans.
              I'm sure they will be terrified by playing in such a big time environment. It's unfortunate that USD couldn't have played some bigger schools at the beginning of the year to prepare themselves for the Fargo Dome.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                These are easily refutable talking points that you might be eating in two weeks. Heck, you might be eating them in Fargo on Saturday. We've beaten NDSU three in a row. You haven't beaten them since Joe Salem

There is only one irrefutable fact in all this:

SDSU went first, had success first, did so with confidence despite the challenge, and did so with an awful lot of sideline second-guessing from elsewhere in the state.

All the momentary crowing about pendulums will never, ever change that. You'll always be second.
                Very wrong......not correct........nope......huh-uh

Comment

Easy to brag when you're getting wins against NAIA and D-II schools. Can we say "Cupcake?"
                  Your year 3 were you beaten (or should I say eaten) by a cupcake?

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                    I'm sure they will be terrified by playing in such a big time environment. It's unfortunate that USD couldn't have played some bigger schools at the beginning of the year to prepare themselves for the Fargo Dome.

i dont think it ever gets noisy at gopher games.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                      Oh there is some relvency in the UW-LaCrosse-SDSU AND the UM-USD upsets? game prepration or the lack there of by the institution of a higher classification.

Comment

This is the smack section, watch it with the facts buddy. You forgot to point out that we followed that loss with 2 more to begin 0-3 and promptly won our next 7 games before falling at NDSU in the Great West Conference championship game. The next year we won the Great West and last year made the FCS playoffs. Each of those years we finished in the top 25.

If your gonna lay down that heavy smack don't leave out the really important details. Any idiot can tell how hard that pendulum is swinging, can't they?
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

My neighbor was at the jacks game last night and didn't know if he was at a game or a funeral. Also, the calling out by fans of individual players to NEVER play again, or calling the coaches stupid, shows indeed how shallow your fan base is. Those guys that play are 18-22 years old. They work their tails off to try and earn time on the field, and if they don't meet your lofty expectations, you either boo or call them out on a fan board. On top of that, those kids parents sit amongst you, and when you tear into them, think what the parents must think?

Your fans tell you to sit down and be quiet? hahahahahaha

Sign me up for a game at the pasture, sounds like lots fun. Oh wait a minute, it's only fun when you win.

Here are the facts. Last year, you had a great team, and did well. They completely fell apart the last 20 minutes of the Montana game and have yet to right the ship. My bet is they can do it, but it won't be with the fans help. They'll do it in their own.

You are miffed because USD did beat a FBS team before you did. Big deal. One game doesn't make a team. But when you discredit ( I know some fans praised the USD win) the win over Minnesota and give lame excuse after lame excuse why it happened, then you are asking for the trouble you are having.

After reading YOUR gameday thread, if I was a potential future Jackrabbit, I would have serious second thoughts about coming to your school. There are a large number of you that have no clue as to what price those kids pay to try and contribute. No clue.

Would USD beat SDSU thisyear? I don't know, but it is beginning to look like they could. Will USD beat NDSU Saturday, I think it's unlikely, but is there a chance.............heck yes.

I want to read your gameday thread when you play the Huskers, because many of you are delusional enough to think you can play with them, and if they don't, I am positive you will crticize the hell out of your team and players. Prepare to get pasted.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            This is the smack section, watch it with the facts buddy. You forgot to point out that we followed that loss with 2 more to begin 0-3 and promptly won our next 7 games before falling at NDSU in the Great West Conference championship game. The next year we won the Great West and last year made the FCS playoffs. Each of those years we finished in the top 25.

If your gonna lay down that heavy smack don't leave out the really important details. Any idiot can tell how hard that pendulum is swinging, can't they?
                            Idiot?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                              i dont think it ever gets noisy at gopher games.
                              There weren't 49,000 people there either. If yotee fans think that was noisy they have never been in the FargoDome. Even if it isn't the fans the PA guy will make noise, legal or otherwise.

Comment

My neighbor was at the jacks game last night and didn't know if he was at a game or a funeral. Also, the calling out by fans of individual players to NEVER play again, or calling the coaches stupid, shows indeed how shallow your fan base is. Those guys that play are 18-22 years old. They work their tails off to try and earn time on the field, and if they don't meet your lofty expectations, you either boo or call them out on a fan board. On top of that, those kids parents sit amongst you, and when you tear into them, think what the parents must think?

Your fans tell you to sit down and be quiet? hahahahahaha

Sign me up for a game at the pasture, sounds like lots fun. Oh wait a minute, it's only fun when you win.

Here are the facts. Last year, you had a great team, and did well. They completely fell apart the last 20 minutes of the Montana game and have yet to right the ship. My bet is they can do it, but it won't be with the fans help. They'll do it in their own.

You are miffed because USD did beat a FBS team before you did. Big deal. One game doesn't make a team. But when you discredit ( I know some fans praised the USD win) the win over Minnesota and give lame excuse after lame excuse why it happened, then you are asking for the trouble you are having.

After reading YOUR gameday thread, if I was a potential future Jackrabbit, I would have serious second thoughts about coming to your school. There are a large number of you that have no clue as to what price those kids pay to try and contribute. No clue.

Would USD beat SDSU thisyear? I don't know, but it is beginning to look like they could. Will USD beat NDSU Saturday, I think it's unlikely, but is there a chance.............heck yes.

I want to read your gameday thread when you play the Huskers, because many of you are delusional enough to think you can play with them, and if they don't, I am positive you will crticize the hell out of your team and players. Prepare to get pasted.
                                I will for one not ever criticize our players. Even if the score is 120 to zip Huskers. I guess you did not read my one post in the game thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X