This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1 Pendulum Swinging Hard From Blue to Red

Well what else needs to be said. USD now owns the distinction of being ahead of SDSU in both mens basketball and football, right NOW let alone where SDSU was at the beginning of their third year. For Jacks fans to even suggest that USD isn't on the same level or doesn't have the fortitude to go D1 is ridiculous. USD is every bit the part and just gaining steam game by game.

In football the Jacks and Yotes are going the opposite direction so fast that it is rather shocking. The examples are now plentifull and obvious but even the most hardcore Rabbit supporters and anti Yote people have to admit that USD is coming and isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

The football hangover after halftime in Montana is still alive and well. Now the Jacks are losing at home to bottom tier Missouri Valley clubs and barely competitive against ranked FCS opponents. I think not showing up to Lincoln next week might be a wise decision. It's gonna get ugly.

Lets see where have USD and SDSU come from. Year 3, Jacks lose at home to D3's, USD winning on the road at Big Ten School. I find that interesting. For those that want to downplay the Gophers win, well I am sure not many are going to mistake Illinios State for Minnesota.

In mens basketball USD finished ahead in the final RPI, nearly went undefeated in their conference and got a post season tourney invitation. By the sounds there is optimism with the new recruits in Vermillion to take the court in T3, AKA transition year 3. SDSU on the otherhand was slightly improved but lost virtually on their home court in the conference tourney to a lower ranked team.

It's getting more and more difficult for those that thought USD was a joke ever even thinking of going to D1.

USD is here! get ready to watch the pendulum swing even further toward red, "little brother".
    How Bout Them Yotes

Re: D1 Pendulum Swinging Hard From Blue to Red

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
    Well what else needs to be said. USD now owns the distinction of being ahead of SDSU in both mens basketball and football, right NOW let alone where SDSU was at the beginning of their third year. For Jacks fans to even suggest that USD isn't on the same level or doesn't have the fortitude to go D1 is ridiculous. USD is every bit the part and just gaining steam game by game.

In football the Jacks and Yotes are going the opposite direction so fast that it is rather shocking. The examples are now plentifull and obvious but even the most hardcore Rabbit supporters and anti Yote people have to admit that USD is coming and isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

The football hangover after halftime in Montana is still alive and well. Now the Jacks are losing at home to bottom tier Missouri Valley clubs and barely competitive against ranked FCS opponents. I think not showing up to Lincoln next week might be a wise decision. It's gonna get ugly.

Lets see where have USD and SDSU come from. Year 3, Jacks lose at home to D3's, USD winning on the road at Big Ten School. I find that interesting. For those that want to downplay the Gophers win, well I am sure not many are going to mistake Illinios State for Minnesota.

In mens basketball USD finished ahead in the final RPI, nearly went undefeated in their conference and got a post season tourney invitation. By the sounds there is optimism with the new recruits in Vermillion to take the court in T3, AKA transition year 3. SDSU on the otherhand was slightly improved but lost virtually on their home court in the conference tourney to a lower ranked team.

It's getting more and more difficult for those that thought USD was a joke ever even thinking of going to D1.

USD is here! get ready to watch the pendulum swing even further toward red, "little brother".
    Silly me, I should become a USD fan like right now.

Comment

i know you just made up my mind on who i going to cheer for next saturday in fargo and sure the hell aint U

Comment

Do I maybe agree with some of this stuff? Yeah...maybe. But you never have anything good to say on this board...ever...and just come to get people riled up. I'll basically take what you have to say with a grain of salt because well...you're a moron.

Go away.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Well if you are basing D1 success to wins during the transition years, you can always be like NDSU, totally awesome during transition. 6-5 & 3-8 in your first two years of playoff eligibility.

Comment

If I could use internet forum threads as ass-wipe, this is one I would use.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
              If I could use internet forum threads as ass-wipe, this is one I would use.
              Well, it is pretty much a given that any thread started by the person who started this one will be tedious at best.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I think we deserve a good old ribbing after this loss. CF have some fun while you can.
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

tl;dr
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

I see the always classy and less than intelligent CF has shown up to rant about his baby Coyoteeeeeees. I for one can not wait until next week. I have never cheered for a Bison team but will next week. I may even contact Lakes and SDBison to offer up congrats after a Bison win. Why again did the tacky little university to the south get invited to the Summit?

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                      I see the always classy and less than intelligent CF has shown up to rant about his baby Coyoteeeeeees. I for one can not wait until next week. I have never cheered for a Bison team but will next week. I may even contact Lakes and SDBison to offer up congrats after a Bison win. Why again did the tacky little university to the south get invited to the Summit?
                      I'll give you an answer to that, because USD has a resemblance of a basketball program program and mens basketball is the driving force after football. Since the Summit does not have football they need a South Dakota school with a good basketball program.
                      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Hang on to that Minnesota win... you'll need it as you spend the next 10 years as a football independent with NO HOPE of making the playoffs.
                        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I'll give you an answer to that, because USD has a resemblance of a basketball program program and mens basketball is the driving force after football. Since the Summit does not have football they need a South Dakota school with a good basketball program.

the only reason usd has a good basketball program is the conference youre in. once youre in the summit.......well, im sure we wont be hearing from you much when that happens. you only post when good things are happening.

Comment

Easy to brag when you're getting wins against NAIA and D-II schools. Can we say "Cupcake?"
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

You guys are really too easy.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                              X