2010-2011 Enrollment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010-2011 Enrollment

Well it is that time of year again for the annual guess! Last year we had 12,376 students at SDSU. This semester we have a new hall and it sounds like ALL of the day rooms are full including the new study areas in the Jackrabbit Village buildings. Yes, even with a new hall we still don't have room for all of the students we are expecting. Waneta which was supposed to be single bedroom apartments for Juniors and Seniors now only is having the top two floors being used for the purpose with the bottom two floors for freshmen. With this type of growth this year my guess is 12,632. Comfort enrollment is getting close. YIKES

What are your guesses?
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Re: 2010-2011 Enrollment

Originally posted by westsiderabbit View Post
    well it is that time of year again for the annual guess! Last year we had 12,376 students at sdsu. This semester we have a new hall and it sounds like all of the day rooms are full including the new study areas in the jackrabbit village buildings. Yes, even with a new hall we still don't have room for all of the students we are expecting. Waneta which was supposed to be single bedroom apartments for juniors and seniors now only is having the top two floors being used for the purpose with the bottom two floors for freshmen. With this type of growth this year my guess is 12,632. Comfort enrollment is getting close. Yikes

what are your guesses?
    http://www.twitter.com/minneapolisjack

Comment

There are no guesses, it is going to be 12,736.

Comment

If this is like the Price is Right, then, after noting Minneapolis Jack's 12,999, I'll say 12,998.

Maybe that's more of a wish. Realistically an extra 200 incoming freshman over last year would be a tremendous growth rate. We're a very nice-sized university now.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          If this is like the Price is Right, then, after noting Minneapolis Jack's 12,999, I'll say 12,998.

Maybe that's more of a wish. Realistically an extra 200 incoming freshman over last year would be a tremendous growth rate. We're a very nice-sized university now.
          i believe in the price is right, its getting the closest to the price WITHOUT going over.... that being said JackJD, you would have to get right on the money or minneapolis jack would win.... what you should have guessed and what i will now guess is I think were gonna break the 13,000 mark, so i say 13,001! (this would be an amazing growth rate if possible)
          GO BIG,GO BLUE, GO JACKS!

Comment

Arts & Sciences Dean Jerry Jorgensen has his annual Dean's pool going again this year. His guess is 12,700. I had a conversation last night that makes me think it'll be slightly more than that: 12,714
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              Arts & Sciences Dean Jerry Jorgensen has his annual Dean's pool going again this year. His guess is 12,700. I had a conversation last night that makes me think it'll be slightly more than that: 12,714
              Which prompts me to say 12,715 (under but not over as is suggested earlier). Heck I never am good a predictions, so why did I do this???

Comment

I will go with 12966. Ding ding when I hear the offical being 12967.

Comment

I'm going conservative. 12,579. Anything over 12,500 will be impressive.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Average gain for the last four years, 339 + JJs 14 =

12,729 for 2010-11

Comment

Comment

12,692 that should be a random enough number no one else would pick.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

My prediction is 12,701.
                          Mrs. WRJ says 13,012.
                          Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

I'm not sure where to post this...this looks as good as anywhere. I helped a friend move his daughter into the dorms this weekend. I tell you what...SDSU has it figured out. They had people out helping move people in. Just pull your trunk up to the assigned drop off spot...unload...move your trunk into the parking lot. It all took less then 30min to get her stuff in the dorm. Now compare that to when I went to school (mid-ninety). Well done SDSU.

Comment

MY WAG is 12,705

Comment

Working...
                              X