Game Week: University of South Dakota Running Strevelers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Week: University of South Dakota Running Strevelers

Time to get ready for the biggest game in the FCS history of the rivalry, against the best USD team the Jacks have faced in years, with the most talented QB we've seen this year.

Defense is going to need to figure out how to tackle otherwise it isn't going to be pretty. Offense is going to need to not lose focus like yesterday.

Win this game and we put our name into the debate for a top 4 seed. Lose the game and the road goes through Fargo again.

I can't think if a bigger game at the dome for USD players and fans. Does the FCS Jackrabbit domination continue? Or is a new chapter started the the best rivalry in the nation?
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Re: Game Week: University of South Dakota Running Strevelers

I haven't seen a more honest name for a team this season than the title for this thread.
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
      Time to get ready for the biggest game in the FCS history of the rivalry, against the best USD team the Jacks have faced in years, with the most talented QB we've seen this year.

Defense is going to need to figure out how to tackle otherwise it isn't going to be pretty. Offense is going to need to not lose focus like yesterday.

Win this game and we put our name into the debate for a top 4 seed. Lose the game and the road goes through Fargo again.

I can't think if a bigger game at the dome for USD players and fans. Does the FCS Jackrabbit domination continue? Or is a new chapter started the the best rivalry in the nation?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves on that one. Florida was still trying to figure out if they'd elected George Bush the last time the Yotes won a game in the series. Not to mention, the Marker, The Brawl of the Wild, the Battle of the Piney Woods, The Bayou classic, the Bryce-Cowell musket, Harvard-Yale, Lehigh-Lafayette, and the soon to returned stein game between Montana and Idaho are all bigger, more storied rivalries than the corn showdown. It may become classic like those others (The marker is still becoming a grrat rivalry, but it doesn't have the history of the others), but calling it the best, or even among the best, in the nation is a stretch.
      Last edited by Mr_Tibbs; 11-12-2017, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
        [/B]

Let's not get ahead of ourselves on that one. Florida was still trying to figure out if they'd elected George Bush the last time the Yotes won a game in the series. Not to mention, the Marker, The Brawl of the Wild, the Battle of the Piney Woods, The southwest classic, the Bryce-Cowell musket, Harvard-Yale, and the soon to returned stein game between Montana and Idaho are all bigger, more storied rivalries than the corn showdown. It may become classic like those others (The marker is still becoming a grrat rivalry, but it doesn't have the history of the others), but calling it the best, or even among the best, in the nation is a stretch.
        To me it is the best because of the proximity and the mixed loyalties in families.

The Marker has only become competitive the last two years. And the others are schools I couldn't care less about. So, in my opinion it is the best, but that is the great thing about message boards. We can have our own criteria.

Comment

Put a spy on Streveler and make him beat you with his arm rather than with his legs. And on offense throw the ball downfield early and often.

Comment

USD's offense is really good, and really explosive. USD's defense is not that great. I would love to see a game plan that includes a heavy dose of running from us.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

To me it is the best because of the proximity and the mixed loyalties in families.

The Marker has only become competitive the last two years. And the others are schools I couldn't care less about. So, in my opinion it is the best, but that is the great thing about message boards. We can have our own criteria.
              Best or one of the best in the Dakota's, I'll agree with. Best in the FCS, probably not, but to each their own.

I also have a hard time considering a team that hasn't been relevant in football since 1986 a real rival. (See what I did there )

They're trending down, and I'd love to see them miss the playoffs by one spot. The collapse would be complete and thorough.

Maybe they can put "Best 7-4 team not in the playoffs" on their next billboard on I-90.

I think if we stop Strveler, we win going away. The key with the Yotes is to not let them get up early. All of their wins, they've jumped out to hot start and held on for a win. Punch them in the mouth early, and take the home crowd out of it, and I think they'll fold.

Comment

Hey now, we get to see Christion every game .

I think Jacks win by at least six, but 'Yotes score first and keep it within a field goal at the half.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                  Hey now, we get to see Christion every game .

I think Jacks win by at least six, but 'Yotes score first and keep it within a field goal at the half.
                  Depends on what TC plays that day! Ha.

Comment

I also have a hard time considering a team that hasn't been relevant in football since 1986 a real rival. (See what I did there )
                    They are relevant this year. That is all that matters.

Comment

Depends on what TC plays that day! Ha.
                      Never fear; Christion the 'Yote Slayer will show up on Sat.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                        Never fear; Christion the 'Yote Slayer will show up on Sat.
                        I am leaning towards agreeing with you. I just hope he doesn't try to to too much too early. There is going to be a ton of talk about how similar the two QBs are in this game. Play under control and play with the lead.

Comment

They are relevant this year. That is all that matters.
                          Not if the Jacks take care of business and knock them out, they're not.

In five years, if we look back on this season as the year USD almost made the playoffs, that still isn't relevant in my mind. Let's hope that never changes.

Comment

Not if the Jacks take care of business and knock them out, they're not.

In five years, if we look back on this season as the year USD almost made the playoffs, that still isn't relevant in my mind. Let's hope that never changes.
                            So, what you are saying is at this moment they are relevant.

Comment

I am leaning towards agreeing with you. I just hope he doesn't try to to too much too early. There is going to be a ton of talk about how similar the two QBs are in this game. Play under control and play with the lead.
                              Agreed. USD hasn't shown they can play well from behind yet, this season or last. I also think that when they play from behind, Strveler forces the ball alot and that's where most of his turnover problems have come from. Look at last year and this year's difference in turnovers. Last year, they played from behind a lot more, and his interception ratio reflected that.

A two touchdown lead going into the locker room at half might be enough to take the wind out of their sails.

Comment

Working...
                              X