2017 Summit Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Summit Tournament

The peak of the season is officially here. I definitely have mixed emotions seeing it come. Having a couple of very young kids and a wife who often works evenings I'm stuck in the house all winter and get to watch a ton of Summit basketball - probably six or eight games a week. I won't know what to do with myself next week!

Though you guys talked me into going today's afternoon sessions (and I'm glad you did), I'm expecting a couple of 15+ point snoozers. NDSU did find a way to rise up and beat USD earlier, but they seemed to run out of gas a month ago. Denver is Denver.

Unless the sudden weight of being the top-seed in a do-or-die tournament gets them, I expect the USD men will take care of business without too much drama tonight. Covington is just the type of guy who can rise up and orchestrate an upset, however. I hope he has the best game of his life.

NDSU struggled with IUPUI both times this year and they definitely coasted towards the SLT. I'm not putting too much stock in that. Richman knows the style of play that wins in these pressure games. Werner will be on a mission. IUPUI will have to play one hell of a game to get the win.

I wish our teams had earned the opportunity to play today but as a fan it's actually nice to get to attend for a full day before they play.

Re: 2017 Summit Tournament

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    The peak of the season is officially here. I definitely have mixed emotions seeing it come. Having a couple of very young kids and a wife who often works evenings I'm stuck in the house all winter and get to watch a ton of Summit basketball - probably six or eight games a week. I won't know what to do with myself next week!

Though you guys talked me into going today's afternoon sessions (and I'm glad you did), I'm expecting a couple of 15+ point snoozers. NDSU did find a way to rise up and beat USD earlier, but they seemed to run out of gas a month ago. Denver is Denver.

Unless the sudden weight of being the top-seed in a do-or-die tournament gets them, I expect the USD men will take care of business without too much drama tonight. Covington is just the type of guy who can rise up and orchestrate an upset, however. I hope he has the best game of his life.

NDSU struggled with IUPUI both times this year and they definitely coasted towards the SLT. I'm not putting too much stock in that. Richman knows the style of play that wins in these pressure games. Werner will be on a mission. IUPUI will have to play one hell of a game to get the win.

I wish our teams had earned the opportunity to play today but as a fan it's actually nice to get to attend for a full day before they play.
    I enjoy games sdsu isn't in because it's fun with the family and not stressful.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      WIU looks very impressive so far, despite a spell where they could not hit a bull in the ass with a scoop shovel.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        I don't know if I can handle the same stress two years in a row after what the mens team put us through last year.

Comment

Denver is awful but I'm still surprised WIU put that level of beat-down on them. They are rolling and have a decent little pocket of fans - way more than any year I can recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Denver is awful but I'm still surprised WIU put that level of beat-down on them. They are rolling and have a decent little pocket of fans - way more than any year I can recall.

No doubt, so many things to work on.

Comment

NDSU does not have quickness. They gave up four in a row offensive rebounds away from the paint, in which IUPUI players got to the ball first. Unfortunately it took four to convert.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                I don't know if I can handle the same stress two years in a row after what the mens team put us through last year.
                eaxctly. Plus when the kids want some food. They take about half the game to eat so we miss plenty of the none sdsu games. So far the first 2 games haven't had a lot to miss. Seems western and now iupui is looking pretty comfortable.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Well the men's tournament is living up to the hype so far. Go Necks!

37-37 at half.

Comment

Well the men's tournament is living up to the hype so far. Go Necks!

37-37 at half.

It's turning out to be a good game. Really hoping Western Illinois can hold on for the win.
                    Rollin' in my 5.0
                    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

USD and WIU 68-68 going to overtime

Comment

On to overtime!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          USD and WIU 68-68 going to overtime

Let's go Western!
                          Rollin' in my 5.0

Comment

Western ran out of gas in OT.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                              Western ran out of gas in OT.

Typical western.......
                              Rollin' in my 5.0

Comment

Working...
                              X