So.

Um.

Tebow.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Tebow

Yeah baby!

Dude. Wins. Games.

Period.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I admit that I'm trolling for hat'rs here. . .hatin' on Tebow for living his beliefs rubs me the wrong way--of course, I'm a Bronco fan anyway so from my POV it's all good.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Ha....good one Filbert,when i first saw this i thoght ,what the h***'s this all about.....now i know.....you're the man Filbert,very funny!!!! Still laughing.....Go Bronco's

Comment

I'd actually be impressed if he beat a decent team with a good defense.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Naters gonna Nate
            Tims gonna Tebow

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post

Pittsburgh doesnt have a good defense? I think they were the best in the NFL. Or were you just being sarcastic?

Comment

Another one bites the dust.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Prayer works. Thats all I am going to say. And I am a lapsed and terrible Lutheran. A pickum poll that I am part of ended at week 17 and I finished near the top using the power rankings as my source of wisdom. There were many times where I picked the opponent over Denver, but towards the end and thanks to the threads on this boards, I often picked Denver. I would have picked them to go down in the playoffs against Pittsburgh. Wrong.

Comment

I am pretty neutral on Tebow, but if the Steelers aren't a "decent" team with a good defense, I don't know what would be. Number 1 pass defense, number 8 run defense, number 1 overall defense, and a playoff team. I'm not sure how that translates to a less than decent team with a bad defense.

It seems you are following some No True Scottsman logic. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

To be fair, Pittsburgh was a beat up team coming into the game and they lost a number of guys during the game that made a real impact. Three of their four starting D-lineman were out shortly after the start of the game. Us Jacks fans know what that is like. I was actually impressed with the fight that the Steelers put up. Big Ben was almost completely immobile and gutted out a good game.

Love him or hate him, you have to give Tebow credit for making the plays needed to get the job done. Do they win in New England? Who knows other than, well, you know.

One thing that I will say is that I think it is cool that he has become a big story. His religion can be a little over the top but that is better than most of what you see these days. Isn't it great that Tebow is strong in his faith, humble about his ability, is willing to do whatever is asked of him to be a help to his team, and is genuinely interested in making a difference in the world? Isn't that what you would want to have your own child become? Isn't this a lot better than the drama with TO or Ochostinko? Anyone else tired of that crap? Tebow is living the talk and walking the walk. Good for him. He could care less if the haters keep hating.

I'm a life-long Bronco fan and I doubt he is the long-term answer but I'm not betting against him. I am a Tebow convert because he is a winner and a good person. I hope he has success and continues to develop. It will be interesting to see how he does develop in the off-season with the ability to work with the coaches and receivers more and the team further developing its offensive strategy. He is a tremendous athlete, is very smart, has a fantastic work ethic, and has every intangible you could want in a winner. This story isn't going away for a while.

This thing will really blow up exponentially if they win this week, and so on, and so on.

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Sorry, I was just repeating the excuse that everyone (including myself) used all season long with Tebow.

I was pretty damn impressed yesterday.

I think they get smoked by the Pats though. Yesterday set up very well for them, similar to how Seattle got the Saints at home in the first round last year.

Comment

Sorry, I was just repeating the excuse that everyone (including myself) used all season long with Tebow.

I was pretty damn impressed yesterday.

I think they get smoked by the Pats though. Yesterday set up very well for them, similar to how Seattle got the Saints at home in the first round last year.
                          All things logical point to the Pats (on the road, veteran Patriot team, Bellicheck, Brady, etc.) but that's why they play the game. Plus they beat Denver 41-23 at home in the regualr season. Their defense isn't very good however and that may give the Broncos something to exploit.

I'm just thrilled the Broncos didn't go 4-14 because that is sure how it was looking when everything turned around. Most of the talk centers around Tebow but the Denver defense certainly came together under Fox's system in the last half of the season. The team overall has come together and the results have been very positive.

SUPERBUNNY
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                            To be fair, Pittsburgh was a beat up team coming into the game and they lost a number of guys during the game that made a real impact. Three of their four starting D-lineman were out shortly after the start of the game. Us Jacks fans know what that is like. I was actually impressed with the fight that the Steelers put up. Big Ben was almost completely immobile and gutted out a good game.

Love him or hate him, you have to give Tebow credit for making the plays needed to get the job done. Do they win in New England? Who knows other than, well, you know.

One thing that I will say is that I think it is cool that he has become a big story. His religion can be a little over the top but that is better than most of what you see these days. Isn't it great that Tebow is strong in his faith, humble about his ability, is willing to do whatever is asked of him to be a help to his team, and is genuinely interested in making a difference in the world? Isn't that what you would want to have your own child become? Isn't this a lot better than the drama with TO or Ochostinko? Anyone else tired of that crap? Tebow is living the talk and walking the walk. Good for him. He could care less if the haters keep hating.

I'm a life-long Bronco fan and I doubt he is the long-term answer but I'm not betting against him. I am a Tebow convert because he is a winner and a good person. I hope he has success and continues to develop. It will be interesting to see how he does develop in the off-season with the ability to work with the coaches and receivers more and the team further developing its offensive strategy. He is a tremendous athlete, is very smart, has a fantastic work ethic, and has every intangible you could want in a winner. This story isn't going away for a while.

This thing will really blow up exponentially if they win this week, and so on, and so on.

SUPERBUNNY
                            You hit the nail on the head. Tebow is a winner on and off the field.

Watch the Sportscenter My Wish segments that include Tebow and you quickly see what kind of person he is. The way he treats the kids is something special. You can tell he really enjoys it. On one of the segments I saw, he commented how humbled he was by these kids that are struggling to survive get strength by spending time with him. Not sure I have heard any other professional athelete say that. Most of them are too into themselves.

For the record, I'm not a Broncos fan either. I'm just sick of all the TO's and Ochostinkos of the sports world.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              You hit the nail on the head. Tebow is a winner on and off the field.

Watch the Sportscenter My Wish segments that include Tebow and you quickly see what kind of person he is. The way he treats the kids is something special. You can tell he really enjoys it. On one of the segments I saw, he commented how humbled he was by these kids that are struggling to survive get strength by spending time with him. Not sure I have heard any other professional athelete say that. Most of them are too into themselves.

For the record, I'm not a Broncos fan either. I'm just sick of all the TO's and Ochostinkos of the sports world.
                              Just because a certain player celebrates and has fun and may not embrace a certain religion or whatnot doesn't mean they are terrible person. Chad Ochocinco gives back to his fans/community just as much as Tebow does.

http://www.thegrio.com/sports/ochocinco-treats-twitter-fans-to-dinner.php

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/bengals-ochocinco-gives-back-to-bengals-fans/

Comment

Working...
                              X