Back Yard Grill BBQ opens in Sioux Falls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Yard Grill BBQ opens in Sioux Falls

Fir those of you who have enjoyed BBQ at the Back Yard Grill in Brookings, they have opened a new restaurant in Sioux Falls. It is on Western just south of Borrowed Bucks. Their smoker is out in front cooking meat. We went there today and it was great.
    Last edited by Rabbit74; 02-05-2014, 08:08 PM.

Re: Back Yard Grill BBQ opens in Sioux Falls

Saw that in the Argus. Love that place. Probably one of my 3 favorite places to eat in Brookings.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      Saw that in the Argus. Love that place. Probably one of my 3 favorite places to eat in Brookings.
      Definitely my number 1. Followed by The Pheasant and O' Hares. What are your other favorites?
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        Definitely my number 1. Followed by The Pheasant and O' Hares. What are your other favorites?
        I was going to say the Ram (I'm assuming that's what you mean by O'Hares), and I have a rotating 3rd. Just depends on my mood. Nick's, Cook's, Pheasant and George's are all up there. I used to include Old Market, but that has gone down hill.

Gun to my head I probably probably have the same top 3 as you.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I have spent many Sundays there. I love their pulled pork sandwiches. Definitely top 3 favorite places to eat in Brookings along with McDonalds and Cubbys. Don't judge me on McDonalds, I stayed in Binneweis for 2 years and McDonalds was my food of choice during the weekends.
          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Ram, pheasant, zestos, nicks.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

George's Pizza. It should be its own food group.
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I like Guadalajaras

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I do like the Backyard. Might even try the SF one if I get a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                    George's Pizza. It should be its own food group.
                    At 2am I would agree with you. Any other time, no thanks. I've never liked George's without having 12 beers first. I think Pizza King is way better.

On the topic of the thread, I can't wait to try the BBQ here. Sioux Falls has lacked a good BBQ restaurant and I'm glad to see Backyard Grill open.
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                      At 2am I would agree with you. Any other time, no thanks. I've never liked George's without having 12 beers first. I think Pizza King is way better.

On the topic of the thread, I can't wait to try the BBQ here. Sioux Falls has lacked a good BBQ restaurant and I'm glad to see Backyard Grill open.
                      The guy who owns and runs the one in Brookings is very friendly guy. I don't know his name, but he did use to be in photography. When I got off from Liberty Tax, I used to grab a sandwich before going home. I assume he will be floating back and forth between locations.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post

This ^^^
                        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Drunk walking home from the bars, georges was amazing. If it was during lunch or dinner, it was fine, i would probably pick cubbies if going for dinner down town between those too. I think to many students never went to Ram or Pheasant or local places to eat. to often it was the fast food places that were packed but the Pheasant with good food and a really affordable price for college kids was always room to eat. I would have to drag friends to eat somewhere else besides national pizza chains or fastfood all the time. Finally got some converted to nicks after several years.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            The guy who owns and runs the one in Brookings is very friendly guy. I don't know his name, but he did use to be in photography. When I got off from Liberty Tax, I used to grab a sandwich before going home. I assume he will be floating back and forth between locations.
                            Yes the guy from Brookings was there yesterday when I was there along with his son and another person both of whom are grads of the SDSU hospitality program.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              Alan Elenkiwich
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                              X