Ticket sales changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticket sales changes

Certainly this will cost us money. IMHO.
    Fans, athletic Dept., Donors who knows but somebody will foot the bill.

But we'll have unburnt particles of combustion blown up our posteriors telling us how great it is and how much more they've made!!!1! which all may have happened organically anyway. fun thing is you can't prove it would or wouldn't have happened with or without the service.

https://www.theaspiregroupinc.com/as...te-university/

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Re: Ticket sales changes

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    Certainly this will cost us money. IMHO.
    Fans, athletic Dept., Donors who knows but somebody will foot the bill.

But we'll have unburnt particles of combustion blown up our posteriors telling us how great it is and how much more they've made!!!1! which all may have happened organically anyway. fun thing is you can't prove it would or wouldn't have happened with or without the service.

https://www.theaspiregroupinc.com/as...te-university/

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I'm all for it. I think SDSU has been lacking in terms of getting the word out about games in general, but especially ticket deals. I don't know how much this costs, but I'm guessing it will be well worth it. Don't be such a downer, slosho!

Comment

I'm also a fan, generally speaking. Our athletics marketing hasn't been up to par this decade, imo. Anything to try and improve that is probably well placed effort.

Comment

Thumbs up from me, too. SDSU's overall marketing campaigns, from all I can tell, hasn't been terribly . . . um . . . aggressive. Putting more effort into it has been needed for a while, IMHO.

Company's clients include Auburn, Colorado State, Minnesota Wild, New Mexico State, Texas Tech, U. Colorado, U. Denver, Idaho, Kansas, Nebraska-Omaha, Northern Iowa, UWGB. It's possible they might know what they're doing.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          Thumbs up from me, too. SDSU's overall marketing campaigns, from all I can tell, hasn't been terribly . . . um . . . aggressive. Putting more effort into it has been needed for a while, IMHO.

Company's clients include Auburn, Colorado State, Minnesota Wild, New Mexico State, Texas Tech, U. Colorado, U. Denver, Idaho, Kansas, Nebraska-Omaha, Northern Iowa, UWGB. It's possible they might know what they're doing.
          Definitely a thumbs up after conversing briefly on the telephone with Scott Brown, Assistant AD. I had wondered why they were now going to outside services such as Aspire and Leerfield. His answer was that retention and full time effort in the ticket office was a big problem with employee retention. No able person wants to spend their entire career earning 25k. and surely are looking for ways to move on.

Aspire will have two full time employees who will work on new fans and season tickets. This is something back in the D2 days that could not be justified on a full time basis. These people are professionals and will no doubt earn their keep.

When ever I listen Jack broadcasts, Leerfield Sports is always mentioned and I have wondered what their role was. Scott told me that Leerfield has more than doubled our corporate sponsorship. They set up the broadcasts and do all the advertising sales for the game. This is another valuable service. So our AD is moving us in the right direction.

The impact of Division 1 move is finally sitting in the minds of old farts like myself. D2 forever!!! No I dont think so.

Comment

Working...
          X