GDT: Shrine Game @ Frost Jackrabbits vs Alabama State Hornets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Shrine Game @ Frost Jackrabbits vs Alabama State Hornets

The Hornets will not bring the size of players the Lopes brought from Arizona. They will start 6'7" and 6'8" for the big guys. The Jackrabbits defeated ASU last year 94-63. The Hornets are picked to finish 5th in the SWAC. They played Iowa State Tuesday and lost by 26 at Ames. The Hornets are not likely ready to see the mud puddles froze all day like it was yesterday in Brookings and likely again today. They will be looking for warm jackets when leaving the bus. The Hornets were 8-23 in 2017-18. All 8 of the victories came during the conference play. They played 9 players 10 or more minutes against the Cyclones. Hopefully this is a game the Jackrabbits can spread some minutes among the team. This game should be 22 in a row Frost victories for the MBB. This game should be on Midco and ESPN+. Go Jacks!!
    Last edited by OldHare; 11-08-2018, 09:20 AM.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: Shrine Game @ Frost Jackrabbits vs Alabama State Hornets

Jacks up 30-22 with 7:43 to go in spite of a quiet scoring start from Daum and Jenkins.

At one point they had 4 freshmen and a sophomore on the court together. Dentlinger is putting in big minutes again. He has given up a couple of baskets but looks right at home out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      Jacks up 30-22 with 7:43 to go in spite of a quiet scoring start from Daum and Jenkins.

At one point they had 4 freshmen and a sophomore on the court together. Dentlinger is putting in big minutes again. He has given up a couple of baskets but looks right at home out there.
      O king and Arians look much more comfortable tonight. Alabama state shooting well which is keeping them within striking distance

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        O king and Arians look much more comfortable tonight. Alabama state shooting well which is keeping them within striking distance
        Owen King is going to be a really good player. I love the way he keeps his head up when he is handling the ball. He is going to get a lot of assists before his career is finished.

Comment

From the stands anyway....Oking looks just like Matt Mooney...true or false?
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            False!

Comment

Jacks look like butt. Gotta figure out how to attack a zone better. That's what these games are for though!
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                False!
                I still say true.
                With a better demeanor though.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Hilarious! Sitting on the couch watching the game and my wife asks who #23 is. I tell her and her response is “He looks like that guy from USD.”

Comment

24 pt second half....ouch

Comment

GDT: Shrine Game @ Frost Jackrabbits vs Alabama State Hornets

At least the defense picked up in the second half. Without that, we might have had to sweat this one out. I’m glad AL St broke out that zone and played it well.

The bench looked better than Tuesday and they get another tune-up game next week before the difficulty picks up. There’s definitely some potential there. I loved those O King assists.

Comment

True, I have heard many people say it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          At least the defense picked up in the second half. Without that, we might have had to sweat this one out. I’m glad AL St broke out that zone and played it well.

The bench looked better than Tuesday and they get another tune-up game next week before the difficulty picks up. There’s definitely some potential there. I loved those O King assists.
                          As time goes on, there is going to have to be some scoring off the bench. Hopefully Arians will settle into that role with some more experience. Have been surprised that Krueger hasn't seen any action yet. He is supposed to be a good perimeter shooter.

Comment

Yeah the zone definitely bothered them... but they got some good looks against it. Had a nice little alley oop to Daum that he mishandled, and he also missed an open layup cutting across the lane. And also missed some pretty wide open 3's from several guys... it was in my opinion, after they had missed those open looks that they started struggling a bit... got into their own heads.

Just something to work on. Agree that Ariens and King looked more comfortable out there. Would like to see Ariens continue to pull the trigger when he's open... you could see him pass up some looks after he missed a couple. But that will come.

Was very impressed with the young big guys, Dentlinger looked solid again, and you can see the potential in Alou Dillon.

Owen King has a "bounce" to his step... you can tell that he has really only scratched the surface of what he's going to be.

Comment

Zone defense discussed by Coach Otz
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/sdsuathletics
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                              X